Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa
Dalesway Hotel(Ilkley)(Great Value!)
$72
  • Restaurant
1,955 results
All reviewstaster menuhot tubmain buildingoutdoor jacuzzilog cabinoverlooking the lakerelaxing breakafternoon tealeeds bradford airportleisure facilitiesevening meallakeside restaurantcrerar hotelsnight breakbed and breakfastset menublack pudding
Reviewed February 12, 2011

I have paid £ 95 for what appeared to be a great deal, I got a "Groupon" that includes dinner, Spa treatment and breakfast (all for two) in the rate. Having seen the reviews here this looked like a great deal. However the voucher requires me to book the date over the phone. I have tried this about 15 times on 3 different days at completely different times of day. The line is never busy but no one appears to answer. I was fed up with the whole situation and have called the parent group's booking line. I was there advised that the hotel only can take these bookings and that they would put me through to directly. This did not help in the least, the call remained again unanswered.

There did not appear to be a maximum cap of the number of Groupons issued and the offer appeared popular. By the time I last checked more than 1500 people had taken this up. Certainly this may have been a mistake and challenge the capacity of the hotel. But neither do they appear to try to help this by using the wider group's call centre, nor is there any action to notify people who haven taken this offer about what to do next.

I cannot believe a group like Crerar is not able to cope with this as a whole and lets customers who have already paid for their vouchers hang like this.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hans K
chevingm, General Manager at Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2011

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback. However I understand you have not actually stayed with us yet?

Indeed the offer on Groupon has been very popular and I very much regret that you have found it difficult to get hold of the hotel. We have made several adjustments to our staffing levels to manage the volume of calls and have taken over 700 reservations in the first 2 days.

Feel free however to email the hotel direct at chevin@crerarhotels.com and I am positive that we will deal with your reservations swiftly.

The managment

Reviewed February 7, 2011

Have just returned from a "girls night in break" with my sister and mum for my birthday. We stayed in a cabin...... It was lovely! Really homely! The deal was chic flick, profiteroles, nachos and popcorn..... There was enough flood for another 3 of us, use of leisure facilities and a spa treatment, 3 course evening meal and full breakfast. The food was devine! I have never eaten so much in a 24 hour period. Lisa who did the beauty treatment ( 2 of us had facials, mum had a manicure) was lovely, we were chuffed with the treatments.
The staff were genuinely friendly, from the reception staff to the waitresses, and all helpful, nothing too much trouble. The gym was nice and pool jaccuzzi, and other facilities very clean. One minor criticism was the size of the changing facilities and lack of lockers, it was very intimate! I shouldn't tell you all to look out for these deals as it may mean it's harder for me to book again, but I would definitely recommend it!
Just to add... The log cabin had a connecting door though to the cabin next door, great if 2 families were to holiday together.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
chevingm, General Manager at Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2011

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your amazing weekend.
The 'Girls Night In' package is a new package that we are promoting for you to enjoy and has proven very popular. We have even added the 'Girls Night Out'.

It is great to read that you enjoyed the food and the rooms in our stunning setting and hope to be able to welcome you back soon

Management and team

Reviewed January 30, 2011

What a wonderful setting. The wedding was amazing and the public areas of the hotel very nice. The food was great as were the local beers. Bar prices were less than I thought, however 1 bar staff on 1st night was a joke.... 1.5hrs to get some bar food.

The hotel is let down by the guest rooms. The woodwork looks old and tired. Our bathroom was dirty and tired. The room was freezing cold. The worst part of the weekend was no hot water in the bathroom. Ok so things do break but 2 days of no hot water when you are paying £100 a night is not good. It was not just our room with this problem. The hotel did knock £20 off the bill, to me not enough.

All in all a great wedding venue but the rooms need some tlc - especially the bathrooms. Far too expensive for the quality.

• Stayed: January 2011
chevingm, General Manager at Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We very much appreciate this as we are didicated in ensuring that our guests enjoy their stay with us.

Also thank you for the nice comments regarding the wedding that you attended and I will make sure that these are shared with the team.
I do regret that there was a problem with the water. Unfortunatly the problem could not be resolved as quick as we liked, eventhough plumbers where on site on both days to have this resolved.
However I can inform you that this has now been resolved.

Again my thanks for your feedback.

Managment and team.

Reviewed January 25, 2011

We badly needed break after an awful year and with a little bit of research on the internet we found this lovely hotel, The staff are very friendly, always polite and helpful. We stayed in a wooden lodge away from the main building which was very spacious, warm and cosy. The beds were comfortable with ample hanging and draw space. Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, water and bisucuits were provided. If you like walking there are plenty lovely walks to do. Our dog thoroghly enjoyed herself and the welcome was just as warm for her as it was for us.

Pool, steam room, sauna and gym were all spotlessly clean and specialist facials and
body treatments (for an extra cost) were also available. Hot tub outside was fabulous
and overlooked the small lake.

Food - breakfast continental or full english cooked and served beautifully and as much tea and coffee as you can drink. Diiner - Chef prepared some fabulously tasty meals with a choice from 3 set meals or from their varied menu. It may have been a bargain priced break but we could not fault the quality and quantity. A very imaginative and talented Chef.

Overall we wished we could have stayed longer. We left feeling very relaxed and trying
to plan our next visit which hopefully will be soon.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank justhitched08
Reviewed January 19, 2011

i bought a mother and daughter voucher for my mum and grandma and they was very dissapointed with their day. They was supposed to get a robe and they didnt, they was supposed to have their treatment done at the same time but there was only 1 lady so my grandma had to wait 2 hours in a waiting room. There wasnt anyone around to tell them what to do or where to go. When they went for lunch there soup was cold and the restaurant was cold. The massage was really good but everything else was dissapointing. I wouldnt recommend to a friend and the value for money was poor.

• Stayed: January 2011
chevingm, General Manager at Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2011

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review on trip advisor regarding your spabreak at the hotel.
It is with regret that I note that your mum and grandma did not fully appreciate the experience.
We have over the last few months spend a lot of money on the spa facilities and are keen on getting the services right every time. Further remedies we have taken in the employment of a dedicated leisure club manager to ensure all guests enjoy their time with us.

Nevertheless I thank you for taking the time to write your comments allowing us to take decisive action.

Management and team