Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,347 results
All reviews hot tub taster menu log cabin main building outdoor jacuzzi steam room afternoon tea groupon deal relaxing break overlooking the lake lakeside restaurant bed and breakfast night break crerar hotels leisure facilities leeds bradford airport short break
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booked via telephone direct to celebrate 2 milestone birthdays and added a spa treatment each. The receptionist was clearly stressed and tired when we checked in. Our first (and last) visit. Was told we couldn't have dressing robes and slippers as we hadn't booked into an executive suite. The carpets were threadbare and filthy in places in the main areas. Very draughty. In urgent need of refurbishment. Rooms were pokey, cluttered, dirty and very dated. Wallpaper ripped off, mould in bathroom, heavily stained curtains. Unsafe spotlights that hung loose. Despite the cold weather the radiator didnt work.
Disappointed with the state of the dining area. No tablecloth but a plastic flower in a dirty glass jar as decoration! Put off by the grey coloured chicken for the evening meal. Wasnt asked if the meal was ok when we both left it uneaten.
The breakfast was uncooked, cold and tasteless. Rubber black pudding, undercooked bacon and chewy sausage. Picked up 8 dirty cereal bowls before i found a clean one. Salt mill was empty. Again none of the waiters asked if there was a problem with the breakfast.
On checking out we were not asked if everything had been ok. I asked for the managers email address to give my feedback but was denied it.
On a plus side the barman was chatty and seemed to know his job well and one other staff smiled.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Karen E
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Myself and my husband are bitterly disappointed with our weekend here. We stayed in a executive cabin however smells of damp, holes in the walls, heating that would not turn down or turn off, no WiFi and the screen on the television was green does not scream executive. You could also hear the people in the cabin next door. We tried to make the best of it and hoped other things would be ok. Sadly the food was poor, and the spa is outdated and run down. It has huge potential as is a lovely setting. £348 wasted. Staff are friendly enough but please don’t waste your money.

2  Thank JoyceLee123
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I attended a wedding here and the decor was beautiful as was the food. However, the management do not know how to treat their customers. We had been given a drink coupon to which we were told we could have a spirit and mixer or a lager. When I ordered a spirit and mixer at the bar I was told the voucher did not cover it. I said I would pay the difference but there was some confusion with the poorly trained bar tender who asked his manager to sort out the situation. When asking the bar staff what the confusion was and as to why he was working by himself if he did not know how to take the token, Daniel the manager had snapped at me and insinuated he was rectifying my mistake? I then spoke to another manager about the incident to which he laughed in my face and patronised my complaint. When I told him I would write this TripAdvisor he laughed and said blackmail would not work. I am confused as to why two members of your management team would speak to a customer in this way and I am not happy with the situation. It's a lovely place it's just a shame the staff have no customer service skills. Will avoid this place for a while.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank francescapR3395VE
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Me and my husband booked what we thought would be a nice break away what an awful place the food was awful the cabin was even worse you could hear the conversation going on in the next cabin the television screen was green what an awful place wouldn’t recommend to anybody and not cheap at £340 what a waste of good hard earned money thanks for nothing chevin park

1  Thank Stellaplumb
Reviewed January 11, 2020

Visited this week for an overnight stay for my boyfriend's birthday we loved every minute of our stay starting with an afternoon tea which we really enjoyed. We got a complimentary room upgrade on arrival we stayed in the bridal suite which was amazing. Spa was lovely and relaxing. The evening meal & breakfast was fantastic. Overall one of our favourite getaways would definitely reccomend