“Relaxation, Wonderful Food & Great Service. Loved It”

Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Otley
Reviewed February 19, 2010

My wife and I and 2 children (age 10 & 9) have just had 3 fabulous nights here half board. We were given a 2 bedroom log cabin that was absolutley lovely. It was completley furnished to a high standard inc 2 bedrooms, open lounge and kitchen with all mod cons. Over looking a small lake and woodland. A beautiful setting for a winter break. The restaurant is fabulous serving a high standard of cuisine and a fresh menu every evening. The swimming pool was adequate although the changing rooms could have been cleaner and showers improved and although the gym is small it seems to have little use, so no waiting. All the staff were very friendly and we would recomend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank lazylamb
chevingm, General Manager at Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2010

Many thanks for your generous review, all the staff are glad that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and that you were able to thoroughly relax with your family.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,916)

Reviewed February 19, 2010

Found Chevin Country House Hotel on internet search. Looking for spa hotel. Liked what I saw and found a bargain price. Booked dinner,bed and breakfast for Thurs and Fri nights. Warm welcome at reception. Room was spacious with lovely decore. Clean room, unless you looked under the sofa. Good sized bathroom(take your slippers the floor is so cold!) Plenty hot water. Slept well in comfy bed. There was a wedding party on
close to our room but we were not disturbed. The restaurant is excellent! The staff professional, the food absolutely delicious! It was worth going just for the food! Nice clean gym and goodish sized pool and sauna. Jacuzzi fab - warm, lovely bubbles - should be bigger or build another one! i did not want to get out. Such a shame that the pool is taken over by Waterbabies Tuesday and Friday mornings and no-one in Reception told us. We got ready to enjoy a swim at 10.30am and had to wait 'til 1pm for the pool to be empty of babies. That said I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Chevin Hotel and would like to go back. Love the log cabin feel of the place. Good bar and lovely lounges. Could have done with a bit of live music!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank LakeDistrictMargaret

Thank you for taking the time to post a review here on Tripadvisor, all the staff are pleased that you enjoyed your visit and in particular the restaurant and food.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2010

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in, an executive log cabin situated in beautiful grounds and a frozen lake all around. Such a romantic place, the cabins are beautiful and so clean. The food is amazing, drinks rather pricey but what you would expect from such a classy hotel. Louise on reception was so friendly and was happy to assist with any queries. This hotel is in the middle of no where, a perfect spot to get away. I will definatly be visiting again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Romance31
chevingm, General Manager at Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2010

Many thanks for your recent review, it goes without saying that we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel.

Your feedback on the newly refurbished lodge rooms is much appreciated and the comments regarding food and service will be passed on.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 31, 2010

We arrived for our overnight stay and went to our small double room. Tried to run some hot water but there wasn't any. Asked reception for another room and was told by member of staff they were having problems with the boiler but gave me a key to another room which he said he had checked and the water was fine. Moved all our things to new room, tried the water and it was still cold! Again asked at reception and given key to a 3rd room so had to move all our things for a 3rd time (no offer of assistance from any of the staff).
Bar staff in the evening were inexperienced and had to be told how to make a bloody mary and lager kept running out, one glass of lager tasted of disinfectant!
Breakfast the next day was 'interesting'! The staff were stood in reception unaware of the time and the fact that they should be serving breakfast. We were shown to a table, ordered coffee and toast and waited about 15 mins for it to arrive...no milk for the coffee and cold toast. Asked for milk only to be told they had no small milk jugs and to use the 2 litre one next to the cereals! 'Fresh orange juice' was watered down, 'hot' buffett style breakfast was stone cold, there were no plates out and the staff really couldn't have cared less.
We returned to our room and discovered the heated towel rail in the bathroom had bare electric wires exposed...not good anywhere but particularly not good in a bathroom!!
We wanted a drink of water in the room and had already used the small bottle of water provided so used the bathroom tap to get one. The water produced was brown and not in anyway drinkable. Told reception who charged me £1.60 for another botlle even when I explained about the water quality in the room. The theme of staff really not being bothered about anything continued!
In summary, wild horses would not drag me to this hotel again. Even if I had being paying £20 a night I would have expected better. So needless to say @ £125 a night this place is a total rip off. Fawlty Towers really does exist!

2  Thank johnboyhuddersfield
chevingm, General Manager at Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here on Tripadvisor.

It goes without saying that I am dissappointed that on this occasion your enjoyment was disrupted by the boiler failure to one section of the hotel. This was totally beyond the staffs control and repair work was ongoing over the weekend.

I will be investigating the service issues you raised regarding Sunday morning and am dissappointed that a frequently praised department fell so short of the expectations we set ourselves. I am confident that this was an isolated case and that the team will take your comments on board.

Reviewed January 29, 2010

I didn't check up on this hotel before I arrived, and to my surprise my room was one quarter of a log cabin about 100 yards away from the main hotel, split into four rooms. The 'cabin' was in a damp and muddy ( because it was winter ) woodland. The room was spacious with a small double bed and a sitting area. Also a separate small room with bink beds. Apart from the naturally cracked timbers, the room was very good. Plenty of tea/coffee and biscuits. FREE WIFI worked in the main hotel and in my 'cabin'. One disadvantage, you can hear the sounds of the other guests in the other parts of the same cabin. Which meant I was woken up at 3am by someone banging the door shut and making grunting noises. Mobile phones don't work in the hotel, you have to go to the car park in front of the hotel, which is not very pleasant in winter. Hotel telephone costs are the usual rip off. That was the only rip off. They have a posh restaurant on site but you can also order meals in the bar. Prices were reasonable and the food was VERY GOOD. Best I'd had in all three hotels I stayed in that week. Service and staff were very good. Breakfast is only adequate though. The hotel has a shallow swimming pool, ideal for kids. Could do with a refurb and a small gym. I paid £72 inc breakfast for a midweek stay
Convenient for Leeds Bradford Airport (you are under the flight path and can hear the planes occasionally. They stop at night ).

I recommend you get a log cabin to yourself - I think they call that a suite.
There are also some rooms in the main house.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Treehousepig

Many thanks for your recent review, I am glad that you enjoyed many aspects of your visit to the hotel.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the food and restaurant and the attentive staff, these will be passed on to those concerned.

I fully appreciate your comments regarding the Leisure Facilities at the hotel and I am pleased to advise that the entire club is to be refurbished in the very near future.

Reviewed January 14, 2010

Me and my hubby fancied a night away from our beautiful 2yr old triplets !!! we chose chevin country park hotel because it was pretty close to us as it had been snowing pretty bad and couldnt run the risk of getting stuck lol when we arrived we were pleasantly suprised at the gorgeous surroundings and with the snow looked like something from a postcard. We stayed in one of the log cabins and had dinner bed and breakfast included for a very reasonable price too !! probably the cost of a good night round town !! the room was warm and very comfortable, the food was beautiful and the service excellent. We used the spa facilities too which we found very relaxing. All in all we had a very pleasant relaxing stay and will definatly be staying again.

1  Thank tripsaloud
chevingm, General Manager at Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2010

Many thanks for this recent review, your comments and views are very much appreciated by all the staff at the hotel.

We are all pleased that we were able to help you relax and enjoy your short break away.

I am glad that you enjoyed the food and facilities and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Enda and team

Reviewed January 12, 2010

Travelled to the Chevin hotel for a four night stay for my birthday at the start of January and was constantly impressed with the hotel. From the moment we stepped through the front doors we were relaxed and made to feel at home. Chevin is like a giant log cabin in the middle of its own woodland, which is great for a walk, so is as relaxing as they come. Two coal fires in the reception area and garden lounge make the hotel cosy and homely and the staff could not do enough for us! Sarah, the receptionist, was a mine of local information and always had a smile on her face! (all the staff did, but we saw her most!)

The food.... oh the food! phenomenal every night (I recommend the Venison on the a la carte menu) and again, the staff were excellent and obvioulsy very happy at their work.

The only reason i have scored the hotel down is because of the rooms soundproofing. We happened to stay there the weekend of a wedding, which was fine as the hotel made sure we were as far away from the function suite as possible, but certain guests were not so quiet in their movements at 3am while intoxicated and unable to work the door lock (it would have been funny, had it not been the early hours).

Overall we will definately return and recommend this hotel highly!

1  Thank JandLFife
chevingm, General Manager at Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2010

Many thanks for your recent review, I am glad that you enjoyed your short break at the hotel and that the staff made you feel welcome at all times.

I was pleased that the restaurant lived up to it;s billing and that you enjoyed all your meals with us.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Enda and Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Otley
Hollins Hall Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Premier Inn Leeds / Bradford Airport Hotel
Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport
Travelodge Leeds Bradford Airport
Weetwood Hall Hotel
Weetwood Hall Hotel
#33 of 87 in Leeds
Village Hotel Leeds North

Been to Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!