2,031 results
All reviewshot tubtaster menulog cabinmain buildingoutdoor jacuzzirelaxing breakoverlooking the lakelakeside restaurantleisure facilitiesnight breakcrerar hotelsleeds bradford airportbed and breakfastshort breakblack puddingwedding venueexecutive room
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed on a groupon at this hotel and got a great deal. The surroundings are beautiful and the hotel lovely. The lodges looked really nice although we didn't go in one. The restaurant looks out over the lake and serves excellent food. The bar and restaurant were a little pricey but it can be that way in hotels, I would recommend half board as would be more economical. A lovely peaceful place to stay.

Room Tip: rooms looking over lake are good.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
chevingm, General Manager at Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Thank you for your kind response. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Kind Regards
The Management and Staff at Chevin.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My cousin and I just spent 2 days at here on a Rejuvenation Break. After reading the reviews on trip advisor I was really sceptical of this place and wasn't looking forward to my trip at all. When we arrived we were given an executive twin room (room 1) which was really nice and very clean. In hindsight, the room although cosy was very dark and the small spot lights did little to light the room, pretty bad if you wanted to sit in the room during the day. Also we seemed to be underneath an office of some sort and all you could hear all day was furniture being moved around and the phone was ringing constantly. Furthermore our corner room did not have a patio space like other rooms on the hall and was very close to outside public space so you might want to shut the curtains as everyone can see inside. One final qualm about the whole place was the complimentary WiFi which did not work, I use and iPhone and a Kindle and couldn't pick it up anywhere in the hotel, either the room or the common rooms. If your are taking a phone, the signal of the area is a bit dodgy, lack of phone signal didn't bother me as I was there to relax not play on my phone.

The food was amazing, we had the 6 course taster menu, the first night the menu was rather fish heavy but the second night food was brilliant, the venison is to die for! Breakfast is a fab selection and is presented really well. No issues with catering here whatsoever.

The package itself was also great and the treatments were really really good, I felt very relaxed and calm and the spa workers are very professional. I had read other guests were dissatisfied with the pool area, the pool itself could have done with a bit of a clean but it was fine to use.

Room Tip: Room 1 can be noisy overhead!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
chevingm, General Manager at Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Thank you for your review; we do appreciate your comments. I will have the housekeeper look at the lighting levels in room one to see if we can make improvements, I am sure we can. I have passed on your other comments to the staff in the hotel. Thank you once again.

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

A night away from the kids, can it be true!!! What will we do? Book into a hotel spa is the answer and as this one is within 20 miles of home it seemed perfect. If you stay get a lodge they are fantastic and offer a sense of real separation from the hotel while still offering the same services you would get in the main hotel. Had a bit of a disappointing meal thanks to a new member of staff, 45 min wait between main and dessert, otherwise lovely. If you get a meal included with the room and it's from the taster menu, upgrade, the portions are small and will not fill you. Otherwise a lovely stay and the spa was fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your review, I have passed your comments onto all the staff concerned. I hope you will join us again when visiting the area.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

As you arrive it looks nice, surrounds and wooden structure are impressive. Unfortunately this is where it ends. It lacks any atmosphere, it's dirty, the staff, although pleasant enough are very wooden and unable to answer, the tap water was horribly murky and for a 4 star establishment it is finished very poorly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike G

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that we did not meet with your expectations on this occasion. We do all work very hard to ensure our customers go away with a positive impression of Chevin. Please do came back and visit us again.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Went here with for a nice weekend away, at first when I got there it seemed nice. The reception staff were lovely and made me feel very welcome, I got into my room had a look around and it was clear the cleaners do absolutely naff all. I must of seen about 3 or 4 for the duration I was there and they all looked lazy, laughing and joking with each other instead of getting on with the job. The bedding didn't even seem like it had been washed, the towels stunk, the bin hadnt been emptied since the last visitors. Overall I had a nice, enjoyable time but I won't be returning until the cleaners get their act together.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thanks for your comments. I would like to assure you that we do replace our linen each day after the room has been vacated. I am sorry this has spoilt your impression of Chevin but I can assure you that the housekeeping staff work extremely hard to ensure standards are maintained throughout.