“Evening after our wedding! Disgrace”

Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Otley
“Evening after our wedding! Disgrace”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had booked us into the worst rated place to stay with all my friends saying don't go. I was thinking don't go, but as my first choice was fully booked. I booked it a one night stay and spa the next day. I was looking forward to the spa to chill. We got to our upgraded room a chalet in the woods looks great from the outside and pics on the net look great. We went in all giddy o that's it a bedroom and shower room nothing else if you stretched your arms out your fingers on one hand was in the bathroom and other hand in the bedroom. So we thought on back to our evening do. Next morning my husband gets in the shower freezing cold I rang 0 o love you need to pull the cord. What a joke the Emerson wasn't on. After that the spa and the ladies were great would do that bit again. It turns out we had gifts chocolates champagne and presses but where were they ? 4 days later I have them wilted flowers and melted hand made from London chocolates. But the hotel didn't tell us we had gifts my mother in law did!
I wouldn't stay here again and a complaint has gone in.
The spa swimming pool was lovely really nice setting very relaxing. The lady's who gave the massage was very lovely.

Room Tip: Ask if you can have one by the lake with sliding doors looking over the lake and next to the spa. Th...
1 Thank Roseypo
chevingm, General Manager at Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Oh dear, I am sorry we seem to have got this dreadfully wrong, and can't apologise enough that we did not get this right for you this time. I can assure you it was purely a mistake on our behalf. In light of this we have reviewed our procedures and changed the way we operate so as to alleviate this problem in the future. I believe we have been in touch with you by letter giving you a full explanation of the situation. If you wish to contact us further please do not hesitate to give us a call.
The Management and Staff at Chevin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
Shanghai, China
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Folks, this was a great place to be. Having come back from shanghai to see my wife, we were booked in here for 3 excellent nights!. The location is great and the scenery in the surrounding area even better. I was totally impressed with the open friendliness of the the staff who couldn't do enough to make sure we were comfortable. I will definitely recommend this place and I will for sure come back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review I have passed your comments onto all the staff.
Driffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed at the Hotel from the 12th to the 14th of July in one of its amazing lodges, number 68 . They where absolutely fantastic and had everything we asked for on our weekend stay, fresh towels everyday and cosmetics where nice and large. The lodges where set in a woodland area which was lovely, saw squirrels, rabbits and a couple of foxes.
The spa was lovely, a good sized pool, sauna and steam rooms, Jacuzzi, hot tub, gym and a large outdoor area with plenty of sun - loungers. towels and robes where provided at the spa also. Had 3 taster sensations on the Saturday, this comprised of 3 30 min treatments, 1st a lime & ginger salt rub, then a back, head and shoulder massage, then a facial. On the Sunday we had a special facial to help make skin look younger and get rid of grey lines. Both days felt sooo much better, massages where wonderful.
The food in the restaurant was first class, a 6 course taster menu was included in our package, (changed both nights), food and service was amazing.
Overall would strongly recommend this place to people without a doubt, lovely tranquiled place, set in the country, Will be back soon!!!!

Room Tip: The lodge was really clean, nice comfy bed. Nice and airey with a good area outside to read and enjo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay with us I have passed them onto all the staff here at Chevin. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was very excited when I had booked this hotel and their rejuventation package for my partners' birthday for the weekend. I had gone through the list of activities they had available and was eager to sleep in the room, as I had chosen one of the log cabins.

Upon arrival service was excellent.

Our room was a completely different story. The room was dated, had dog hair on the carpet and smelt of a dog. Compared to the pictures I had seen this was not the room I was imagining walking into. Even if the room was clean, it still did not match the pictures which appeared to be luxurious. Furthermore, a noise ran through the room which was impossible to detect where it was coming from, this affected our sleep.

The food was amazing, compliments to the chef. I understood why people chose to get married here, as there was a wedding each day we stayed. The spa facilities and service was satisfactory. My partner was booked in for a 2 hour massage on one day and a one and a half hour lime salt glow session the following day. The 2 hour massage was satisfactory.

I was given a small proportion of money back, which covered drinks and half the massage, for the inconvenience. It is not the money spent I was upset about, it was the fact that this was for a special occassion. Had I known the hotel would be like this for my partners' birthday I would have gone somewhere else!

Room Tip: Do not choose a room in the hotel, the corridor which runs alongside the rooms are used by guests ge...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, I have noted your comments and will review with housekeeping regarding your room. I have also passed on the wonderful comments to the head chef and his team also. Hope you will join us again when visiting the area.
Cotswolds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We arrived at the hotel for a Four night stay as we were on business. The hotel is very different as it was log cabins in the woods which was very novel. The Cabin was very clean and well presented. But my bed was terrible very lumpy and uncomfortable.

We had dinner in the restaurant on the first night which was included in the package it was ok. The menu is very flash in its presentation but it does not delivery. We did not go to the restaurant again instead we ate out on our return from our business.

Breakfast was not very good at all it was so over the top all I wanted was a good hearty breakfast. Instead it was Bacon, Sausage, Haggis, Black Pudding, and Grilled Tomato very strange. Also the food was very hit and miss on some days it was cooked very well on others it was poor.

I won't be going back as I feel its trying to be a top end hotel and its far away from that.

ALSO ITS UNDER THE FLIGHT PATH FOR BRADFORD AIRPORT!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
chevingm, General Manager at Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for your review we do work extremely hard to ensure we deliver above our guests expectations. I am sorry you felt that our breakfast was not good; we again try and deliver something different to our competitors. All our food is freshly cooked and so is breakfast, this does take a little time. I will bear your comments in mind the next time we compile new menus.
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed for two nights fantastic price for Sunday/Monday night D B/B. We stayed in one of the lodges the room was huge with a bathroom as big as most hotel rooms! lovely woodland setting with the ponds so quite and relaxing. The food was amazing we had the 6 course taster menu, not huge portions but enough to not still feel hungry. We cycled into Otley lovely town, hard work cycling back up the huge hill on such a hot day. The staff were very friendly, hotel was clean and tidy, as was the Leisure facilities, except for the pool itself and the Jacuzzi so dirty I had to get out. I did mention it to the staff so I hope it's now clean!
The walks from the hotel are spectacular "Surprise View" is worth the walk. It you don't walk there is a car park right next to the view point so no excuse.

1 Thank deatqc
Thank you very much for your kind review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back and see us whenever you are in the area.
The Management and Staff at the Chevin
llandovery
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a lovely hotel with a lot going for it. The location is great and the ambience of the hotel by and large is lovely. The little we used of the spa facilities suggested that we would enjoy these greatly at future visits. The staff were excellent. In common with some other reviewers, we'd identify the need for renovation of the rooms as the biggest negative. The room we had was in a cabin. The room was quite small and the bed was small and the matress very uncomfartable. The bathroom was so small, that the only way to shave was by sitting on the edge of the bath to see the mirror. However it is an "experience hotel", and a little investment from the owners in basic bedding and decor would give the staff the hotel they deserve.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are continually working our way around the hotel upgrading and developing wherever we can. I have looked at the room in question and it has now been decided that we will upgrade this room in the coming weeks. Thank you once again for bringing these things to my attention and we hope to see you return in the near future.
The Management and Staff at Chevin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Otley
Oulton Hall & Spa
Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport
Mercure Leeds Parkway
Mercure Leeds Parkway
#49 of 87 in Leeds

Been to Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!