• Restaurant
2,014 results
All reviewshot tubtaster menulog cabinmain buildingoutdoor jacuzzigroupon dealrelaxing breakoverlooking the lakelakeside restaurantleisure facilitiesnight breakcrerar hotelsleeds bradford airportbed and breakfastshort breakblack puddingwedding venue
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had a great four night stay with dinner and a bottle of wine, with a filling breakfast each morning it set us up for a day touring. All in all the staff did their upmost to fix any problem or issue we had, on our arrival we were upgraded free to a picturesque cabin in the woodland. The receptionist was only to happy to assist with questions on local areas and ideas for sightseeing, the countryside around the spa is stunning. What a lovely time we had and we look forward to staying there as soon as we are able. We enjoyed a massage and used the facilities whenever we pleased, the staff again were friendly , helpful and catered for our every need. Well done !

Mr & Mrs Thompson. Ipswich Suffolk

Room Tip: The staff will give you the best room available
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Simone T
chevingm, General Manager at Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Dear Simone,

Thank you for your comments and will share this with my team. We really appreciated this.

GM

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stupidly read the bad reviews on here about Chevin Country Park before I went and was extremely worried and unhappy with the reviews.

I also support the previous persons review as my husband and I had a lovely time there.

We stayed in one of the private rooms that was in a lodge and our room was beautiful.

We had DBB and all our meals were delicious there is not a bad thing we could say about it. With the DBB for dinner it was a taster menu and we were more than full once finished as I read on someone's else's review that they were not full after eating this as it was small portions!! I have to disagree with this.

I would recommend this place as we througly enjoyed this and will return in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms in the lodges are lovely and unique.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lesley B
chevingm, General Manager at Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you very much indeed for your lovely response and am delighted that you had such a wondeful time with us.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We have visited Chevin 5 times over the last 5 years and have seen the food quality deteriorate since the introduction of the taster menu. This consists of 6 courses, 3 miniscule and 3 small. The food is obviously not freshly prepared but smacks of cook chill and regeneration. I appeal to the Crerar managemnet please return to the previous menus you used to have. This is pretentious pap. In contrast the breakfast is good and obviously freshly prepared. I can only assume that the taster menus is a cost cutting exercise. In nother Crerar hotel we have dined at the management said they refused to implement this menu. I only hope they can hold out despite the pressure that will no doubt be put on them.
We had a room problem but it was quickly dealt with by the manager.

Room Tip: The plane noise at this time of year fro Leed Bradford is excessive. It start before 7am so no long lies the. I don't know if there is a better area to stay in to avoid this but it would be worth asking.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and was dissapointed to read that you were less satisfied with our table d'hote menu. We have introduced this standard of menu across the company to enhance the dinning experience and has been received very popular by our guests.
Alongside out the 6 course menu we off course also offer our ala carte menu which has an area of local produce available.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

It's the accumulation of little things that aggravate when travelling and my, did Chevin have a lot of little things wrong. No book in the room detailing what the hotel offers, two lightbulbs not working, a door that had to be slammed to even have a chance of shutting.

Down in the dining room - it took 3 of us almost two hours from sitting down to paying for a main course each (one of which they got wrong) and one dessert ('warm brownie' was colder than the ice cream), bread was eternity coming, unneeded cutlery was not taken away, empty plates were left in front of us for too long, as were empty glasses, it took 3 goes to get sauce for the burger and two goes to get the bill right (I pointed out they were missing items).

Only one out of 3 breakfasts went without a hitch.

On checkout we weren't asked if we'd had a nice stay - probably learned not to, said my wife - or even 'thank you for staying'.

Needs a general tidy up as it is very tired looking.

Spa area is nice although even that fell foul - they had only one tweezer in treatment room and why have two bottles of shampoo and no bodywash in the showers?

All a bit of a shame cos the area needs a quality hotel

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Richard274

Dear guest,
Many thanks for your feedback, this is much appreciated and allows us to keep real focus in the areas that matter most to our guests.
I very sorry if we let you down in certain areas and I will ensure that these points are discussed with the team to ensure that this is resolved soonest. I would also have appreciated the oppertunity to discuss your feedback when you were staying with us.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

After reading so many of the negative reviews on here I have to admit I was slightly worried now let us tell the truth about this amazing hotel. I feel the need to defend this place.

We got married here on sept 1st this year and can easily say it was the best ever. Firstly the staff are easliy the friendliest We have ever had the pleasure to encounter. Sue Hayley and ollie you were fantastic and worked so hard to make our day perfect. Every single one of our guests commented at how perfect and lovely the Chevin is!

We have read about how so many people are unhappy with the level of service and that some of the rooms are dated. Yes there are a few rooms outside that need a little refurb but no where near as bad as some people make out. We had about 35 of the rooms booked out and not one complaint. People complaining about cobweb! your in the middle of a forest!!! And as for the level of service well you get the people who aren't happy unless they are moaning and these are the people moaning about nothing! The service is clearly a major priority and they do it so well!

As for people complaining about the standard of the food every single person said how it was some of the best they had ever had. The BBQ in the evening was a massive hit as was the reception.

The staff work so hard for so many hours and always do it with a smile on there faces nothing is too much trouble.

To read the negative reviews upsets us because Chevin country park you should be proud of what you do you made our day one we will never forget.please anyone looking to get married go and take a look it will blow you away.

Thankyou from the bottom of our hearts Keeley and Rachel

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Rachkee

Dear Rachel and Keeley,

Thank you so much for your comments and I have shared these with the team. I have carefully noted all your great comments and am delighted that you and all your guests had such a wonderful time with us.....till the very small hours.

It was a real privilege and pleasure to be part of your special day and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.