“Ab Fab spa break”

Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Otley
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We booked a rejuvenation break direct with hotel, as a birthday treat. We were not disappointed at all. Due to my friend being in a wheelchair we were advised that a room in the hotel would be best suited rather than the woodland lodges. We were upgraded to an executive room and this didn't disappoint. If i have to say anything is that Chevin does not have any specfic disabled rooms. But the spa does have a full equiped disabled changing room. Included in the package was Dinner, this was sensational! a 7 course meal, delicious and exceptional.
The three 30 minute treatments were included and due to my friends disability one of the treatments was swapped for a more suitable treatment, very much appreciated. We both loved the whole experience and have recommended to work collegues already.. 5 Stars

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Many thankd for your comments.
great that you enjoyed your stay with us. Wat we have done is made improvements on our disabled facilties by upgrading 2 rooms with additional disabled friendly equipment, especially in the bath rooms.

Again my thanks

There are newer reviews for Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa

Reviewed April 22, 2012

The Hotel and Spa is set in beautiful country side with wildlife around the cabins. The hotel is built out of wood which gives a lovely rustic feel setting it apart from other hotels i have visited.

The staff could not do enough for us. We were there on a Hen weekend with 17 of us to please and they managed to make everyone happy. The treats in the cabins were delicious and this was very enjoyable during the get ready stages.

We had a treatment each which went like clock work and the ladies working in the spa were wonderful. They made you feel comfortable and relaxed and answered our questions and when we said we couldn't get our robes from the rooms as they weren't ready yet, the lady disappeared and came back with 4 fluffy white robes for us, nothing was too much trouble.

The restaurant was equally as helpful. The menu was not to a lot of our tastes, but for the staff this was no trouble, huge compliments to the kitchen who accomodated our requests and the food was delicious.

The reception arranged our taxis into leeds and back and this was perfect, taxis drivers were very helpful and on time.

I compliment the staff they are a wonderful asset of the hotel.

Whether you are looking for a relaxing break, a party weekend or something different i would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alibee31

Dear Alibee,

Thank you for your comments and am delighted to read that you enjoyed yourselves so much.
It is always great to hear how helpful the staff are and will definatly share this with them.
Again my thanks,

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Paid £130 for a standard room for one night (including Breakfast). The room we were given was in the main building (not one of the lodges). On the surface everything looked nice, but on closer inspection it was actually quite used and dated. The bathroom suite was old (grey with gold taps!) the back of the toilet cracked and badly filled. The phone in the room was old, and the carpet worn. There was soap and handwash in the bathroom, but no shampoo or shower gel. For what I'd paid, I felt the quality was poor compared with similar hotels in the price bracket (eg Malmaison). On the plus side the setting of the hotel is really nice and the decked area at the back overlooking the lake is great. We didn't have time to experience the spa/pool facilities but we did experience some of the catering - the breakfast was average but not as much of a selection as I'd have expected for the price. I would not stay again unless I got a much cheaper rate.

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback this is much appreciated.
As a hotel we have an ongoing maintenance plan and bathrooms are part of this.
I have personally inspected your room and asked my maintenance team to ensure that all is in good working order. We have also got a new breakfast menu with some great dished and all the expected ones. I’m sure you would agree this is a marked improvement.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Got good,quiet room overlooking lake. Lovely pool and spa. Food excellent. Taster menu, which consists of little titbits before starter and main course very good. Package consisted of bottle of wine per night so excellent value all together. We'll be back again.

Room Tip: E mail or call ahead if you want a room in main building and don't want a cabin. They are usuall...

Dear Dargie,

Many thanks for your comments and we look forward to number 5.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

I arrived at the hotel with my boyfriend for an anniversary getaway. The hotel is beautiful, set in wood surroundings and we were pleasantly surprised when we had our own log cabin (with two other rooms situated adjacent). We attended our meal at 18.30 which was inclusive of our groupon deal. We are not used to the type of cuisine we were served but were very open minded as it was exciting for us. As part of the inclusive menu, they had small taster foods for us to try. The first was oysters and as I know I am not a fan of them I didn't eat mine but my boyfriend had never tried them and so ate one. The rest of the menu was simple, my boyfriend ordered venison (again to experiment) and one of the cuts of meat was bloody. We did not realise until after ordering our meal the following night that in very small print at the bottom of the menu it asks you to state how you like your meat cooked. Abit late if you ask me! He did not eat the piece of meat with blood on but ate the rest. The following day we went down to our meal again (this being our anniversary day) and me and my boyfriend had exactly the same meal which was far better than the night before. The only part of the meal i did not eat was the duck as it was to undercooked for me. My boyfriend ate all of his main. That night we went back for a relaxing night in our cabin and at 12.30 at night my boyfriend had a very upset stomach. This was followed by severe vomiting, with both persisting until 06.30 in the morning! I don't believe this was a virus as I was not ill at any point. The night security guard was excellent help to me and my boyfriend throughout the night as I was very concerned with him becoming de-hydrated. I was that concerned that I wanted a doctor to look over him but the security guard informed me that the closest doctor would have taken 3 hours to phone me back! As a man, my boyfriend would not let me take him to hosiptal and so I stayed up the entire night to watch over him and help in any way I could. I reported this to the restaurant manager the following day, he apologised and said he would look into the food packaging, transfer and supplier. He said he would send out some forms for me to fill in so they could investigate fully as he had only had 2 accounts of food poisoning reported in 4 years with our case being one of them. I was happy with how helpful he was. UNTIL... it was the following week and I had not received any forms to fill in. I phoned the hotel on monday 16th april to speak to the restaurant manager, I was informed he was not in until the following day and that he would phone me then. Tuesday went by and no phone call. I phoned on wednesday the 18th and asked for him to phone me back after 4... to which he still did not do! As I feel quite let down by the restaurant and it spoilt our only romantic break in a long time, i contacted the environmental agency so they could investigate. I would not have done this if the hotel had dealt with my complaint efficiently. I have also proceeded to write this review following another review written at the beginning of this year from a women saying that both her and her husband were very ill during the night of their stay. If this incident had not taken place, we would have had a lovely getaway at the hotel.

Dear Katie

Thank you for your comments. We have fully investigate the incident and have sent you all relevant forms to complete , including any doctors visits. This would allow us to fully investigate your allegation.
Unfortunately we have not received any information from yourself regarding the incident and do feel rather disappointed in that. I have investigated the delivery of all our goods that could have been related to your stay and all are within food safety guidelines.
The meal you received in the restaurant was served to all guests that booked dinner inclusive and we have not received any negative comments from any of our guests. Unfortunately I can’t agree with some of your comments as there is a clear difference between blood and normal meat juice. Off course we would have been delighted to change your meal if you had asked.
What I have done is discussed the emergency services contact details with my night porter to ensure that he has these available in case any type of incident takes place in the future.
Again my apologies and hope your boyfriend is in good health

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Very disappointed as have stayed in Crerar properties before and had high expectations.
Chose as liked being in the hotel ............but was in cabin which continually had folk walking passed our window.
Food was excellent both nights but took one hour and one hour ten for a seven course meal .Speed to get us in and out incredible.
First night not offered wine/drink list ................had to ask as main course served as obvious not coming.
First night were given paper napkins.................corrected on second night.
Walk through hotel and grounds gave very mixed messages................really run down looking but delivering high quality food.Staff very pleasant but appeared quite inexperienced. Sunday night not obvious there was anyone actually in charge of restuarant.

Room Tip: rooms in another crerar hotel!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
chevingm, General Manager at Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comments and am sorry that we missed a great oppertunity.
We will continue to strive for an improved service and will discuss your comments with the restaurant manager.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I recently stayed here for a friends hen do on a spa break deal. We stayed in the lodges and one of them (The Dales) had a hot tub. The rooms themselves are really nice and clean and you can't really fault them. The spa likewise is excellent and we really enjoyed the treatments we had there. There are just a few things that stop this place being really great. The service is one. Its just a little slow. In the restaurant, for example, we had to ask to order and repeatedly ask for water and it took a long time for the food to come. You couldn't help feeling you'd been forgotten about. Some parts of the hotel do look a little tired too especially the exteriors of the lodges and the wooded areas don't look like they're managed well. Overall its not a bad place to stay, but we came away feeling that with a few changes they really could make it a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Suzanne

Many thanks for your great comments and will share these with the team.

Jurgen Kruijt

Also consider these accommodations in or near Otley
Hollins Hall Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport
Rudding Park Hotel
Rudding Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Follifoot

Been to Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!