My friend and I stayed here on a Groupon deal (3 course dinner including a large glass of wine, bed & breakfast and a 30 minute treatment each - all for £95) and we had an excellent time - we certainly got value for money.
We thought that we would possibly be treated differently from the wedding and conference guests that were also staying in the hotel but we certainly did not. Everyone we encountered were very professional and extremely polite and courteous - we could not fault the staff at all.
We were given a semi-detached lodge cabin which was a short walk away from the main hotel. I was a little surprised that two young ladies were sited in a lodge that was farthest away but having settled in and had a walk about, we felt very safe and as the weather was on our side not too concerned that we would have to walk back from the restaurant late at night.
The cabin itself was quite compact but as we were only staying overnight this would not be an issue - it was very clean, warm and well equipped. There were a a couple of very minor issues which we would like to note as we are both in the service industry and we regard negative feedback as an indication of how we can improve matters :
1. There was only one glass on the hospitality tray and so one of us had to use a cup for our pre-dinner drinks - I am sure this was just an oversight.
2. There was no soap in the bathroom - we had to use shower gel to wash hands. I have seen the same in a number of hotels recently so maybe down to suppliers ? !
3. Having looked at the Crerar website, the other hotels in the chain are in Scotland and that would explain the "Highland" toiletries, bisuits etc. It would have been nice to see local products instead, for example Yorkshire/Taylors' tea, but can understand the branding. I am from Yorkshire hence my comment !!!
4. There were only two plug sockets next to the dressing table (& only mirror outside the bathroom), these were both used for the TV and tuner and so you could not have the TV whilst your friend/partner is drying his/her hair. Not a problem for us as were were not interested in watching the TV.
The menu for our deal had a choice of 3 starters, main courses and desserts so perfectly acceptable for a one-night stay. All courses were beautifully presented and very tasty and cannot fault the meal which was priced at £29.95 for 3 courses, especially when we had only paid £47.50 each for the whole deal !!! If you couldn't find anything to eat off this set menu, then there was an a le carte menu to choose from instead, with supplements for those on deals.
Thank you for a lovely stay, we only wished we'd bought two vouchers so that we could come again on such a great deal. However, we will stay again as it is ideally situated (about mid way between our homes) for the two of us to meet.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chevin Country Park Hotel And Spa
- Chevin Country Park Hotel Otley
- Chevin Country Park Leeds
- Chevin Hotel Lodge
- Chevin Country Park Hotel & Spa Otley, Yorkshire