“Return visit”

Balti House & Mocktail Bar
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Otley
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Balti House, is an authentic Indian restaurant located on Bondgate in Otley, where we offer the finest Indian dishes for you to enjoy. We are fully licensed. We also offer a comprehensive range of Mocktails. Customers can bring their own drinks but then we will charge £1.00 per person cork-age.
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This restaurant has recently come under new management - January 1st,we were told. As it was a favourite haunt of ours and some of our visitors over the last year we decided to give it a go. We usually eat around 8 o'clock,so booked for then. It seemed fairly quiet for a Friday night. We had old favourites so we could compare with the previous people. I had chicken pakoras to start,much spicier. For my main course I had South Indian Garlic Chicken which was more Chilli Chicken than garlic,not being a particular fan of chillies,I found it rather hot. Saying this my husband loved his starter and main. We will go back,the staff are very attentive and pleasant,I'll definitely try a milder dish next time.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Hi the former owner have left an moved to doncaster so we do apologise for any misunderstanding and we do apologise for not letting all our customers know we were moving.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We started going to the Saffron/Otley Balti House when it first opened and it was lovely. The last 3 meals we have had have been v poor so won't be going back, really really salty and hot, no individual flavours. What has happened to you??

Reviewed December 9, 2013

This was second time we went. last time it was OK, so we thought we would go again. All he curries were between salty to pure heart attack. Its unbelievable that the chef would allow these to be served. apparently it was same Chef as our last visit. My son described it as "curry made from seawater". The guest with our family,suggested they use less salt and more spice.
That was very valid because apart from the degrees of salt, there was no real individual flavours to any of the curries.

When i complained, the waiter said the boss (who he had earlier said was away) was refusing to refund us or replace the curry because we had eaten from it.
(The reason we had eaten from them was that we all had a taste to see if we were having a nightmare. This included the waiter who we forced to taste the disasters. The waiter could not argue with us).

When asked to see the boss, this very same phantom boss changed his mind and agreed to replacing our seawater curries with the ones with less salt. Then we tasted the blandest curries in West Yorkshire. The Coke was also totally flat.And the room was cold.

The place is set up to rip people off. From the salty curries to cold rice to mega expensive chapatis to the wafer thin Naan. we know curries, and these guys are worse than amateurs. But you cannot fool al the people all the time. There was a reason why the entire 2 floors were empty , except for us on a weekend night.

1  Thank Amjid h
Reviewed December 3, 2013

As others have already said, the WOWCHER offer is a RIP OFF.
The starter & main course were the only things that were covered by the wowcher voucher, entirely different than what was advertised on wowcher ( no surprise there then).
We had to pay extra for rice & chapattis, where does one go to EVER find rice & chapattis at extra cost at an Asian takeaway?
Not only that, my wife's Lamb meal was salty, & horrible, my Chicken meal was sour & disgusting.
I live in Otley & will be telling everyone to avoid this place, crap food that was probably left-overs, and ripped off with sundries, I have also cancelled my Wowcher emails, usual crap, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

1  Thank bobbob455