“Great, authentic Italian”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Great, authentic Italian”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We have lived near this restaurant for 10 years and visited for the first time on a Friday night in April 2014!
The setting is idyllic, in a converted old mill beside the river Wharfe, although a little bizarre to find a restaurant in this location as you would never guess it was there! It is a basically a small industrial estate with several other businesses in the same location.
There is ample parking round the back, through a small gateway off a very crowded back road.
The mill itself has been converted to a very high standard with small staircases leading to several levels. The stonework walls of the mill have been retained and decorated with pictures and fairy lights.
The staff were attentive but not over-bearing. The menu is smaller than some Italian restaurants but attention to detail is excellent. The food itself was very good, although some of it is pricey. The evening set menu is better value but may not be to everyone's taste as the starters did not include Mozzarella in carozza or Minestrone soup which is a usual staple of Italians, instead focussing on fish and garlic laced foods.
A basic margherita pizza is £8.50 which gives a fair idea on prices for other meals.
The pizza and two lots of the set menu (3 courses) plus 2 wines and a beer cost just over £60, which is a lot of money, but for an occasional treat and the general atmosphere of such a beautiful setting the price could beat other establishments hands down.
Worth a visit, but booking is essential as it is a small restaurant.

Otley, United Kingdom
“Buon Apps delivers the goods again”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We have visited Buon Apps on numerous occasions to celebrate birthdays etc. This time was Saturday 12th April when we visited to celebrate a family friend's birthday.

As always the food was amazing I had for starters the Swordfish Ravioli which made me want for more, then the Sea Bass with squid ink tagliatelli which again was cooked to perfection and finally the zablione and ammaretti cheesecake was the expensive end to a brilliant meal.

I would recommend booking well in advance if you want eat on your chosen day as places soon fill up.

“Just fab”
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

We went on Saturday night with my parents and my in laws to celebrate my husband getting his first degree black belt in martial arts! Once again we had a fab night with fab food! We have also been the last two New Year's Eve's which was brilliant and now looking forward to see that they have on this new year!

St. Andrews, United Kingdom
“Another welcoming family celebration meal”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Third time at BA, and the service and quality of food seems to get better and better. The location is great, very convenient with easy parking and the staff are all very attentive. The service is very family friendly with two hungry babies at the table, the service was really accommodating and flexible, and we were give a very welcoming space to have our little family celebration.

The fish selection is great, and the deserts are mint! Perfect space, hospitality and food for any occasion, but especially for families with small children.

Bradford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mothers' Day treat”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

A couple of friends had recommended Buon Apps to me recently, and so I booked a table for my wife, three children and myself for Mothers' Day (they don't normally open on Sundays). We are huge Italy fans, holiday there most years and love Italian food and wine.

In short, this was the best Italian food I have eaten in Yorkshire, no exaggeration. My starter of Italian Sausage in a tomato, lentil and herb ragu was warming and authentic. My wife and eldest daughter had the carpaccio, parmesan and rocket starter from the daily specials, which ws delicious, well-seasoned and generous. My two youngest shared the fried calamari and courgette, which was tender and not at all greasy or soggy. My main course of calamarata pasta with seafood was, again, entirely authentic, with beautifully al dente pasta, a generous quantity of tender mussels, squid and king prawns and a well flavoursome tomato and seafood sauce. My wife's sea bass on squid ink pasta was also excellent, as were the kids' pizzas - again, authentically thin and crispy. My daughter had the creme brulee for dessert, which was excellent.

Service was very friendly - perhaps a little slow to start with, but the restaurant was absolutely full for Mothers' Day and we were in no rush. Also, teh tables are quite close together. However, the atmosphere is very good. Also, the restaurant is family friendly, and the children's menu includes some puzzles/drawing to keep them occupied.

We will definitely return. I cannot believe we haven't visited before!

• Visited March 2014