“Buon Apps delivers the goods again”

Buon Apps Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 77 Restaurants in Otley
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We have visited Buon Apps on numerous occasions to celebrate birthdays etc. This time was Saturday 12th April when we visited to celebrate a family friend's birthday.

As always the food was amazing I had for starters the Swordfish Ravioli which made me want for more, then the Sea Bass with squid ink tagliatelli which again was cooked to perfection and finally the zablione and ammaretti cheesecake was the expensive end to a brilliant meal.

I would recommend booking well in advance if you want eat on your chosen day as places soon fill up.

There are newer reviews for Buon Apps Italian Restaurant

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

We went on Saturday night with my parents and my in laws to celebrate my husband getting his first degree black belt in martial arts! Once again we had a fab night with fab food! We have also been the last two New Year's Eve's which was brilliant and now looking forward to see that they have on this new year!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Third time at BA, and the service and quality of food seems to get better and better. The location is great, very convenient with easy parking and the staff are all very attentive. The service is very family friendly with two hungry babies at the table, the service was really accommodating and flexible, and we were give a very welcoming space to have our little family celebration.

The fish selection is great, and the deserts are mint! Perfect space, hospitality and food for any occasion, but especially for families with small children.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

A couple of friends had recommended Buon Apps to me recently, and so I booked a table for my wife, three children and myself for Mothers' Day (they don't normally open on Sundays). We are huge Italy fans, holiday there most years and love Italian food and wine.

In short, this was the best Italian food I have eaten in Yorkshire, no exaggeration. My starter of Italian Sausage in a tomato, lentil and herb ragu was warming and authentic. My wife and eldest daughter had the carpaccio, parmesan and rocket starter from the daily specials, which ws delicious, well-seasoned and generous. My two youngest shared the fried calamari and courgette, which was tender and not at all greasy or soggy. My main course of calamarata pasta with seafood was, again, entirely authentic, with beautifully al dente pasta, a generous quantity of tender mussels, squid and king prawns and a well flavoursome tomato and seafood sauce. My wife's sea bass on squid ink pasta was also excellent, as were the kids' pizzas - again, authentically thin and crispy. My daughter had the creme brulee for dessert, which was excellent.

Service was very friendly - perhaps a little slow to start with, but the restaurant was absolutely full for Mothers' Day and we were in no rush. Also, teh tables are quite close together. However, the atmosphere is very good. Also, the restaurant is family friendly, and the children's menu includes some puzzles/drawing to keep them occupied.

We will definitely return. I cannot believe we haven't visited before!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Hubby and I have given up the demon drink for Lent so were taking the opportunity to visit restaurants we had to drive to! Having driven past Buon Apps for a couple of years and wanting to try it we booked for dinner for F-i-L's birthday treat.
The restaurant was full of Otley's 'great and good' and it is obviously one of Otley's places to see and be seen! It had great ambiance BUT the diners were all a bit cheek by jowl with tables squeezed into tiny spaces.
The food was really nice and freshly cooked. We had a mixture of pasta, pizza and chicken/meat main courses with everyone being happy with their food. My starter was calamari and zucchini frito - the calamari was tender and not rubbery and the zucchini were perfectly cooked and not soggy.
What was really nice to see was the unusual Sicilian beer on offer instead of the ubiquitous Peroni or Moretti lagers.
The service was great, friendly and efficient.