The Hopper Lane Hotel
$88
$110
$62
$69
All reviewsthe pubfor lunch todaycomfort breaksunday roastbolton abbeyreal firepot of teafish and chipsbusy roadan evening mealreservoirfewstonharrogatelandlordhostelrylancashireales
Reviewed September 4, 2011

On arrival we were given a lovely warm welcome by Joe. Our room was at the front of the hotel on a busy road but when we went to bed there was no road noise at all. The room and bathroom were lovely and clean, the towels were tied with ribbon and a flower on top, little touches like this let you know the hotel care. Tea and coffee tray in the room with biscuits etc. There is a comfortable lounge area with a TV and comfy sofas and chairs. We had dinner in the resaurant, the food was homemade with fresh vegetables and was delicious. Breakfast was a cooked breakfast which again was delicious. We will definitely be back to stay again, but think we will have to book well in advance as I suspect it will be busy as once you've stayed here you'll be back!! Thank you Joe and team for lovely stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Myself, Partener and Father in Law, stayed at The Hopper Lane hotel for one night in August. The service was exceptional and Joe the Manager went out of his way to make us feel welcome. The Hotel itself is beautiful, full of character and historic charm. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the bathroom was also lovely, with a great shower! The little touches, such as a ribbon tied towel bundle, topped with a flower, made it that bit more special and added to the overall pleasantness of our stay. The staff clearly take pride in their work and are conscientious of keeping in touch with the Hotels history and its stunning surroundings.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank Kathryn Elizabe... T
Reviewed August 31, 2011

this is afamily run business the staff are friendly and your met with a warm welcolm. the food is excellent and very reasonably priced . i will definitly recommend a visit and i will be back

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Having enjoyed my stay here last year I decided to give it a second try after reading through the other reviews on Trip Advisor, were I noted that there had been quite a few changes. I wanted a few days break from my domestic duties back home in Sheffield, I wanted to relax and be looked after whilst considering my life options.
I stayed for 5 nights in a very clean and comfortable room overlooking the well maintained gardens towards the rear of the hotel. As a keen lifelong gardener and flower arranger all the photos that I had seen were of the front of the building, yet I remembered the gardens from my last visit.
I wasn't disapponted, I loved the improved and well maintained garden area at the back of the property you cant seethis from the road - I also loved the newly refurbished comfortable bedroom mine had been chosen to be the same room as upon my last visit, The New menu is absolutely delicious and it has improved since my last visit last year and i think thats down to the influence and professionalism of the new Landlord. He was telling me that he had won the Camra pub of the year award for 2010 in his previous position so no wonder I believe that the beer is the best in Yorkshire,
During the days I had a great time to contemplate whilst walking around the Fewston and Swinsty reservoirs which are only a few hundred yards from the hotel - the Hopper Lane really has improved immensely since Joe took over as General Manager. His lifetime of experience in the hospitality industry really shows through and has enabled him to improve numerous things about the operation of this welcoming hotel. I already have plans to return again, I want to see this part of Yorkshire in a different season and to experience the great service and fantastic food once again at the Hopper Lane Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Situated in-between harrogate & skipton a lovely hotel/pub restaurant. The service is fantastic & the food is even better. The rooms are a little small but they are very clean and the value for money is fantastic. Joe the manager was very friendly and helpful and I'll definitely be visiting again !!!

Thanks