“ALWAYS VERY GOOD”

Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fish and Chip Shop with restaurant
Reviewed August 30, 2013

One of the best in the area and the standards never drop. sometimes service can be a bit slow - but that's due to the all the customers.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I used to stay in Otley on an almost weekly basis until my retirement at Easter 2012, and often chose to eat here rather than at the Chevin Park Hotel, so was well known by the staff.
I returne don Saturday lunchtime with my father (92) who lives in Keighley. I cannot fault th quality of the F&C here. We both had Haddock Specials, excellent crispy batter and perfectly cooked fish. Chips were spot on and the mushy peas are made the properway, Many chippies used tinned nowadays. Dad found the 'special' a bit too big but that was my fault for ordering a big one.
It was also nice to be recognised by Dawn the waitress, after a 15 month gap.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We rate it the best chippy cafe in Otley. Always good and beats the rest. No hesitation in recommending it.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Called in here totally by chance whilst passing through on holiday. Reception friendly, and whilst the food is what you'd expect from a restaurant attached to a chippy (ie, no frills & fancies and no exotic bits & pieces on the plate) it is well cooked. The fried haddock that I had was memorable. Many might say a bit of fried fish is easy. Not true, I've had some awful bits of fried fish in my time. The Maypole did it just right: no slimy bits of batter & no dried out fish. They will also prepare the fish as poached. Unusual in my experience, but very much appreciated by my partner.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Visiting Otley for the afternoon. My friend had been to the Maypole before after someone he got talking to there said it was the best place for fish and chips.
I am in the middle of emergency diet so was reluctant to go along with the fish & chip lunch idea, but am very glad I did.
The chips were crisp on the outside, just the right shade of brown and fluffy on the inside. The batter on the fish was crisp, tasty and not too thick. The fish was white and tasty. I had a small portion which was still pretty generous and my friend had the regular which involved a heck of a lot of chips.
The staff were really friendly. Could definitely be persuaded to go back, despite having another 7lbs to go diet-wise.

1  Thank sarah g