“Good food in lovely setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The White Hart

The White Hart
Ranked #24 of 75 Restaurants in Otley
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A beautiful building with 200 years of history as a public house. Open fires, beams, stone floors, fantastic outside seating, exceptional quality fresh food, great selection of dishes and drinks. Professional, friendly and welcoming team.
Baildon, England, United Kingdom
“Good food in lovely setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Visited for Sunday lunch on a very cold & snowy day expecting it to be quiet. Good job we arrived early as we hadn't realised you had to book but they managed to fit us in & we were served within 5 minutes of ordering! The food was very good & the staff were very friendly & helpful. Pleasant ambience & cosy surroundings. A bit pricey but will go back again.

York, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Went here for Sunday lunch with my husband. Was very much looking forward to it as we had seen this pub many times on the way to the airport.
Unfortunately very disappointed .... Pub is lovely setting, staff friendly , the food was not so good to start I had the mushroom with creamy sauce and ciabatta it was ok but not great then I had chicken roast and it was cold 1piece of broccoli and thin gravy !! My husband had the red pepper soup to start which to be fair was mice and then the rib of beef which was very fatty.
I didn't complain but I wish I had now!!!

“challenged our booking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Prior to our visit we had pre booked on-line for 4 people. On arrival we were told that we had actually booked for 2 people, and their list had been printed that morning so was correct, Unfortunately we had not brought the email reservation with us so accepted that we must have made a mistake. We were placed at a table in the doorway and told we would have waitress service 'all the same'. The meal was to a good standard, my husband and I had visited many times before.
We have since emailed the establishment to say that our reservation for 4 had in fact been correct and have asked for an explanation, we have yet to receive either that or an apology from management.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Surroundings great but food and service very poor!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

My friends and I decided after a considerable break, to try WH again. Not much has changed regarding food or service. All four of us had a very poor meal! Don't know who the chef is but he needs sacking! This place is not cheap yet their rivals ie. Deer Park or Pine Marten are infinitely superior. Two of us had burgers which when they finally arrived we're tepid and very poor. The french fries were fine. My friends very small main course lasagne, was burnt round the edges and the cushioned pasta served to another guest looked like someone had poured tepid passata onto it. She said it was bland, not hot and she would not eat here again.
The young man (manager?) was very polite and apologetic and did offer to knock one of our bottles of wine off the bill but we would have preferred an excellent meal instead.
Also 45 mins before (after a reminder) they took our order and a further 50mins before meal arrived! Sorry but not going again!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shocking”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I visited The White Hart for Mother's Day, myself and my sister took our mum as a Mother's Day present. I have been to the White Hart before and was very impressed, friends of mine have also been and praised the food, Hence the reason I thought it would be a great idea to treat my mum to a meal there on Mother's Day. I've never looked forward to something so much and come away feeling so disappointed! We were sat down in the far end of the restaurant nearest to the car park, the room was cold, given the fact it was snowing outside you would have thought they would have boosted the heating!! Anyway myself and mum ordered the lamb roast and my sister ordered the duck salad. We tried chatting before our food arrived but could not hear a word each one of us was saying as there was a table at the otherside of the restaurant with four children constantly shouting and crying, the parents did not attempt to stop this and it spoilt the occason in general for us, we asked if we could move tables, they said there was not one table in the whole pub available to move to so we sat there in silence. Our main courses arrived and both of the lamb roasts were Lukewarm, we told the waitress this, she looked like a rabbit court in the headlights, she did not say anything, she did not apologise, or offer to take them back and prepare fresh hot portions, she just said ok and walked off. My sisters salad tasted of nothing, was very bland and did not look freshly prepared. We then asked for the bill after trying to eat our Lukewarm food, it was £69.25, I normally tip in every restaurant I visit, I firmly believe in tipping I actually enjoy doing it, however in this situation we gave £70 no tip, I even felt slightly bad and took the time to explain the waitress why I had not given a tip trying to be as polite as possibly, she said nothing again and just walked off and we left. I will not be going back here, the place itself has gone from being a lovely enjoyable place to eat, with fantastic food and service, to a fast food pub with untrained staff who are impolite, it is a shame as it has gone from being a cut above the rest to a cut under the worst.

1 Thank Matty S