“Nice Parador in Sleepy Town”
Review of Parador de Lerma

Parador de Lerma
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lerma
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The Lerma Parador is a great hotel, in a genuine Spanish Alcazar. My standard room (on the 3rd floor) was very comfortable and well appointed, but a bit noisy on a Saturday evening owing to the live music in the atrium. Good place for a stop-over, although there is not much to do downtown...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phil0009

Reviewed December 11, 2012

First let me say that I am a great fan of the Parador chain and am an Amigo. In fact the cost of the superior room on this, my third stay at this particular Parador, was "free" as it was paid for from the points I have accumulated over the last year or so staying at numerous other Paradors.

Even coming for the third time you cannot but be impressed with the situation and elegant style of this old Palace building. A nice touch was that they had allocated me the same room (No. 307) I had stayed in before - a corner room with amazing views over the surrounding countryside. The room had been re-decorated and freshened up since my last visit so I was, at that time, really pleased.

After our complimentary drinks courtesy of my being an Amigo we then went into the dining room. My full account of that is set out in my separate review of the restaurant but suffice to say both myself and my wife were violently ill during the night and the only cause can have been the one dish we shared all that day which we ate that evening.

In the morning we seriously considered whether we were strong enough to proceed on with our journey but decided we would prefer to keep moving and risk the state of our stomachs. When I went to checkout we explained our problems and said they must let their kitchen know to prevent any similar trouble for other diners.

The reaction of the reception staff was to go into complete denial mode; say it couldn't possibly have been their food etc. etc. After some discussion they decided the furthest they would go was to remove the cost of the one course that we had shared from our bill. Being weak through the illness we hadn't got the strength to argue more.

Great shame that the reluctance of the reception staff to take our illness as seriously as they should and to show greater customer awareness and sympathy has left both my wife and I with a bitter taste in our mouths - no pun intended!!

Room Tip: Room 307 is a large superior room at the corner of the parador with amazing views over the surroundi...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 791David_B
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Great position in the Plaza Major, easy to get to and park. This is what Paradors are about, sympathetic restoration leaves you feeling that you are in a special place, large comfortable lounge area in what was the courtyard, pillars and arches on all sides. A bonus was the live jazz entertainment .Good food included local cuisine choices, the breakfast was excellent. An old style bedroom with period furniture, very comfortable. A pleasant small town on your doorstep with local produce and usual Spanish hospitality.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This must be the best hotel we have ever stayed in. A marvellous old monastery and home re modelled in 1928 and completely up to date now. All rooms are well proportioned. Stay here and feel pampered.
The restaurant was excellent too. We had the 40 euro regional menu for dinner (3 starters, main course and 3 desserts, bottle of wine, water and coffee.) inclusive breakfast was a great spread.
The views from our two balconied bedroom was wonderful.

Room Tip: Room 415 - extra large - two balconies. Great views
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2012

What a blast! This place is so elegent I expected the king to make an appearance! The rooms were clean, spacious, and comfortable. Since we qualified for the "Golden Days" rate, I found it to be very affordable and wish we could have stayed more than one night. The breakfast buffet was really nice. Don't miss this one!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had a wonderful stay here. Large room with huge bathroom. Comfortable beds and sheets. Nice shower and towels. Adequate breakfast. But, the parador was magical. I loved the feel of this. It was pricey, but after having driven for about 10 hours, it provided the rest and relaxation we needed

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This parador was only a 1-night stay for my wife and I but made an immediate impression, especially upon entering the central lounge area. Fantastic! Our room was also wonderful...a very spacious corner room with double-doors opening to Juliet balconies on both external walls. Nothing individually spectacular to look at but the fact that we could see the horizon through 180 degrees was spectacular enough. Our 3rd Parador to date and the service was of a high standard...which now seems to be typical. The staff are always friendly and efficient...and extremely tolerant of our language shortcomings.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lerma
Hotel Spa Ceres
#5 of 5 in Lerma
Landa
Landa
#8 of 50 in Burgos

Been to Parador de Lerma? Share your experiences!