This resort is connected to two other higher end Iberostar resorts, The Suites and the Grand. When you check in you are given a wrist band which specifies which areas you are allowed in. If you stay at the Beach, you may only untilize the amenities at the Beach resort (You do have access to the Casino, the Spa and the Dance club at the Suites). The grounds are beautiful and well maintained, the pool is large and the beach is well taken care of. It is nearly impossible to get a chair at the pool unless you go out at 7am and put your things on one.
The food at the buffets are mediocre at best. The number of nights you stay determines how many reservations you get at the Resturants. There are 3 at the Beach. We tried to make our 2 allowed reservations for our stay right away and was told that they all were booked except the Cajon. This was the worst food I have ever eaten. I ordered scallops and they were rubbery and the mushroom side dish tasted of Aluminum can. Then to top it off, this resturant which was supposedly booked, had 24 empty tables at the end of service??? We did manage to get a reservation at the Japanese Steak house which was very good and highly recomended.
The drinks at the bars were tasty but watered down and the alcohol content was close to nothing. Stick with beer (another note: They claim they serve Red Stripe but the beer tastes nothing ike Red Stripe)
The room: Our room was nice with a view of the pool and Sea. The down side was it reaked of Cat Urine. If you are a Lady, bring your own hair drier as the one in the room leaves alot to be desired.
Overall the trip was great because of the fact that we were in the Carribean, not because we were at this particular resort. The staff was very nice and accomidating and the Spa was killer. Maybe the more expensive resorts would offer a better experience i.e the Suites or the Grand although, I'm not sue I want to find out. For this kind of money, I expected more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new 5-star- hotel is located in beautiful Montego Bay, Jamaica. Directly on the beach. Elegant colonial design. Water sports galore. Scuba diving. 3 specialty restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Visit Us Inc., Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Iberostar
- Iberostar Rose Hall Jamaica
- Iberostar Jamaica
- Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel Jamaica - Montego Bay