5,420 results
All reviews cajun restaurant rose hall beach macaroni lobby bar jambalaya string beans entertainment staff montego bay cupcakes food was great guest services a la carte restaurants star friends main buffet every other day ocean view other resorts
Selected filters
Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

First let me start with the beautiful clean rooms. Clean in ever corner. They need to update their online pictures, since the online pictures does not look as good as the rooms. The food was great. Love it love it!!! Activities wonderful. I loved the gym, personal trainer Darren was very good with me. Entertainment crew was superb, entertaining us by day with volleyball, pool activities and dance competitions in the day and an excellent variety filled spirited showed at night. I especially liked the Beyonce dance. Stacy-ann stood out a lot among the dancers, so does Stretch and String Bean. These 3 dancers were also on the floor with us some nights showing us to do Jamaican dances and I appreciate them, since am not caught up on the new dances. Thank you Stacy-ann, String Beans and Stretch. And to all other entertainment crew, dancers, Chef, front desk Staff and all Iberostar Beach Hotel workers, I appreciate you guys celebrating the completion of my degree with me and making this my best vacation yet. Thanks

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank correl f
Iberostar H, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2017

Dear Guest,

We, the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort staff and management team, would like to thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us. It was a pleasure hosting you and we hope to serve you for many more vacations to come. It is great knowing that the food and other hotel amenities and services were to your liking.

It is also a pleasure knowing that the efforts put out by our team members was appreciated. We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor and again, we thank you for staying with us and we are glad that your stay was great.

Reviewed January 21, 2017

This review is long over due but I have just booked my next trip to an ibero star in cayo coco(iberostar playa pilar). anyways, I have been to Jamaica twice both times in Montego bay. I am also well traveled and I have to say this resort was amazing! the grounds were beautiful the service was amazing and the food was spectacular. we were a group of 9 people age ranges of14-55 and we all enjoyed it. They were very accommodating to our large group. Lots of options for food the Cajun resuarnt was to die for.! the buffet food was simply amazing. The rooms were always clean nothing special but they were good!! the pools were nice and the staff was friendly and helpful. It was a quitter resort. for anyone who wants a relaxing quality vacation this is the place for you.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank beachblonde96

Dear Guest,

The staff and management of the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to extend a great thanks to you for choosing to spend your vacation with us. It is great knowing that you enjoyed your vacation and even more warming knowing that you have already booked your next vacation at an IBEROSTAR Resort. It is thrilling knowing that the variety of delicious food that was prepared in the Little River Buffet and the Cajun restaurant was to your liking.

We are also pleased knowing that the exceptional service displayed by our excellent team members and the all-inclusive amenities and services that were provided were well appreciated. We are grateful for your recommendation and for your dedication to the IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope you enjoy your forthcoming vacation as much as the previous one.

Reviewed January 19, 2017

Went with a group of friends from January 1 through 8.
Resort was very nice and very clean.
The resort had a very nice grand colonial theme. The resort is family oriented, but had a diverse assortment of guests.
Food was over the top, probably some of the best food I've ever had while at an all-inclusive. Drinks were made with premium liquors and high standards. The staff at the resort and overall any Jamaican we came across was extremely nice and accommodating. The beach was not the greatest, but if you walk a little down the beach you'll find way better beaches (the beach at the Grand was 100x better)
Special thanks to all the maids and servers, Patrice at the beach bar and Stacy at the front desk!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank omo2yyz

Dear guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to extend gratitude to you for choosing to stay with us. We are pleased knowing that your stay was enjoyable and we thank you for sharing your comments. Our kitchen team will be commended for providing mouthwatering cuisine that enticed your taste buds. The entire team will be applauded for working as a whole to deliver a memorable vacation experience. Special thanks to you for choosing our Resort and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

So first the good. Staff was great. Grounds and beach were nice. Food was pretty good, the steakhouse was very good. We didn't try the other specialty restaurants. Shows were entertaining, pool entertainment was fun. The not so good. Everything is relative to where you have been, we have been many places. The lobby/front counter was unimpressive. Old and kind of frumpy. We did enjoy the free pool tables and ping pong. In comparison the rooms and beds were very small. The bathroom very average. The workmanship in the rooms and around the hotel was pretty poor. You could see patches of Sheetrock that had been replaced. Old lighting fixtures attached to the wall, it was a little disappointing for what we paid. The thing that I disliked most was the temperature of the pool water it was freezing. I don't know how the temp everyday was 82-85 but the pool was like 65? We did go to a beach area on the way to a place called Ricks Cafe, beach was great and Ricks was fun, we enjoyed that day. We went snorkeling and was disappointed in seeing very few fish. We did the illumination thing. I stayed in the boat but the people that went in thought it was cool. Not sure it was worth the cost. There wasn't a shopping district just random shops. I can cross Jamaica off my list. Some of my friends love it but I wouldn't go back.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank bill h

Dear guest,

Thank you for spending your recent vacation at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort. The time taken to share your comments is well appreciated. We are deeply sorry for any disappointment that you may have experienced during your stay with us and we will approach your comments in a constructive manner so as to see how best we can improve as our goal is always to exceed the expectations of our valued guests.

We are thankful that you ventured out and were able experience Jamaica outside of the resort. Thanks for complimenting our staff and we will applaud the team. We do hope that you will continue to visit IBEROSTAR Resorts for future vacations. Thank you and once more your visit was highly appreciated.

Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

First off, I want to start with saying this was my families first large trip out of North America. It was always a dream of my moms to come to Jamaica. We decided to stay in Montego Bay because it was close to the airport and we thought it would be a good idea to stay close just in case something happened. We also, booked 2 hotels, one for my boyfriend and I and one for my mother, her fiancé and my brother.

I'm going to start with the positives.
I have to give a big shout out to randy the cook that works at the buffet. He specially cooked my boyfriend multiple meals because he only eats fish as a meat. He was such a sweetheart and we will forever remember his face. The food at the buffet was amazing. We never got the chance to try the specialty restaurants because we didn't have proper attire.
The majority of the staff were friendly and made you feel like you were at home. The pool was very clean and there was always someone cleaning and maintaining the garden area which was exquisite. We checked into our rooms and they were ready right away which was a plus because I've read a lot of reviews saying you had to wait a couple hours. Overall a great experience at the resort, BUT there were many set backs that makes me not want to come back.

Now for the negatives, be prepared, there are a few.
I want to start off with the locals that were walking around in the hallways. We had one gentleman come up to us asking if we wanted to buy "some good stuff" wink wink. Let's be real, most people that go to Jamaica want to try their stuff because that's what they are best known for. ANYWAYS. We declined his offer and for the next few days after that, he was lurking around the halls and eventually ended up finding our room (we were walking out and he was walking through the hallways). He kept giving us this dead stare that made us feel very unsafe. Let me just say that we never approached him, he approached us. And he seems very offended that we wouldn't buy his stuff. I think the staff need to regulate whose walking around. This guy was the sketchiest person I've ever seen.

We decided to go on an excursion to Konoko falls. In the description it said we will be able to hold birds and once we reached the top of the waterfall, there would be a jacuzzi. Now, the falls were beautiful and it was a great experience being able to climb it, but there was no jacuzzi and there was no bird holding. We paid 50$ a person which came to 250 with all 5 of us. Not extremely expensive but it wasn't exactly what we signed up for.

In my parents room there was a huge cockroach and their room smelt of mould. Thankfully mine didn't but there were a bunch of tiny bugs in the bathroom.

They have cats running around that they don't feed! There was one with an injured foot. They reassured me that guests feed them, but they were very skinny.

Beware, if you don't tip for one meal, you won't get any service except for asking if you want water for a few days.

I loved Montego Bay but I will never ever go back to this resort.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank lonesnail

Dear guest,

Firstly, the management and staff appreciates your recent visit and thanks you for taking the time to share your comments online. We are thankful to hear that you were able to enjoy your vacation to some extent and we will commend Randy for providing noteworthy service.

We have also note your negatives comments and wish to extend our heartfelt apologies to you for the inconveniences endured. We recommend for future reference that you share in details with the relevant department at the hotel so as to ensure the necessary follow up can be done thereby allowing improved vacation experience. The experience describe is in no way a true reflection of the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort and we will definitely take corrective measures where necessary so as to foster improvement. Please note that the hotel does not book excursions directly, however on behalf of the agency you booked with, our sincere apologies are extended as well.

We also would like to reassure you that only registered guests of the resort have access to our resort and in the event that you are being disturbed, our security is always available to assist in ensuring you have a trouble free and safe vacation. We certainly hope the experience will not sway your decision to continue visiting IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts as we are truly dedicated and take pleasure in providing top notch services to our esteemed customers.

Once more, thanks for sharing and again our apologies are extended.