“Spoiler Alert”

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Had the opportunity to spend six days at this wonderful resort during the month of June 2014. I am pleased to say the good heavily outweighed the bad experiences, but at the cost of the vacation, there should not have been any bad.

We had a party of 16 adults that stayed during this period. Upon arrival on Sunday, we were greeted in a very friendly and professional manner. Nesta (sic) took care of my bags and was generally my friendly greeting each day he was working. He was very helpful and kept a smile on his face each time I saw him.

Upon checking in, the clerk stated I was scheduled for only four days to which I advised him this was not correct. I offered to show him my itinerary but he stated he would review and make the correction. All of my problems incurred with interaction with the clerks in the lobby.

On Monday, I reported that the drinks in my mini bar were not cold. I was told they would have someone check it out. I made the same complaint at least three other times during the week and only on Friday when two gentlemen came to restock the bar was I told that "everybody's bar was the same." On Tuesday, while my spouse was using the iron, the iron literally came apart. A visit was made to the front desk and this problem was never corrected. On Wednesday I was told they would get someone to replace it and assured me I wouldn't have to pay for any damage.

On Wednesday, I was met by the housekeeping supervisor, I was advised that I was to be checking out. She advised me the key to my room probably had been changed. She had me to call 1500 who in turn requested that I come to the front desk to clear up my account as I only paid for 4 days.

I took my receipt from my travel agency with information about my flight and hotel arrangements to the office. I was treated rudely and highly unprofessional. The clerk made what appeared to be several calls, and told me to "go have a seat." This same clerk also advised me that their records indicated I paid only for four days and the problem was with my travel agent. Another couple in our party was having the same problem and they came while I was waiting in the "seat I was told to have." I make reference to the seat, because the manner in which I was told to sit was not in a friendly but seemingly; I was bothering them with "my problem."

After about 15 minutes, the clerk came out and handed me and the other party our itinerary and told us we were o.k. No apology or explanation of what the problem was.

Around 11 p.m. that night the other party I was with called me to state they had been told to bring a credit card to the front office to cover the extra days they were staying. They indicated that I would be getting a call also. Instead of waiting for a call, I went to the lobby to purchase internet time so that I could send an e-mail to my travel agent. When I went downstairs, no one questioned me about the room or my credit card.

Upon returning to my room, I used my laptop computer to begin sending the e-mail when the fire alarm sounded in the building. I immediately shut down the computer and entered the hall with other tenants some who said no one answered the phone in the lobby.

I have been diagnosed with severe COPD, however, I chose to use the exits rather than the elevator since there was a fire alarm. Upon reaching the front desk a gentleman who seemed irritated said there was no problem, just a technical difficulty. I advised him I was trying to use the internet and had to stop because of the alarm. I asked him to initial the paper he had given me in case my time had expired. He was very confrontational and kept insisting that I go back and see if I had a problem signing on. I tried to point out that I only wanted assurance that if the connection continued while I was downstairs I would be reimbursed. He finally basically threw another connection and password to me. Upon reaching my room, I was able to send me e-mail.

On Thursday, the other party that was having problems was told to bring their invoice back so I went with them and carried mine. The clerk requested they give him their invoice to check so I asked if they needed mine also. It was only then that I was advised they had received confirmation that I was cleared for the full stay. NO ONE had notified me that the issue had been resolved, let alone apologizing for the mix up which never was mine and later I was told the hotel had not invoiced US Airways properly.

Other than these two and a half days of frustration, I had one of the greatest vacations in my life. As stated earlier, Nesta (sic) was awesome. Jean and others in housekeeping for the fourth floor were very courteous. Yanni(sic) in the Jambalaya restaurant was super. Barbara and Kadeem should be given a promotion immediately if I had a vote for their services and friendliness in the buffet eating room. The door ladies, the other staff were really great.

On Thursday, while I was still fuming about the problem in the room, I accidentally (like an idiot) went swimming with my cell phone in my pocket for about a half an hour. When I recognized it, I immediately went to the buffet room where I was given some rice and told how to try and save my phone from damage. Returning to the pool area, the lifeguard came over and made sure the phone was wrapped properly trying to save it. The result was that upon returning to the states my phone had dried out and I left some heroes in Jamaica.

Finally, the Star Friends, especially Angel were the highlights of my vacation. The entertainment day and night was superb.

Room Tip: Staff could have been more attentive to minor problems with mini bar and iron.
4  Thank wtflippen
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. Firstly, let me take this opportunity to extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience with regards to your reservation. We are surprised to hear that you were not assisted in a professional and polite manner as it is customary to extend apologies and assist our value customers with much courtesy in circumstance such as mentioned. We are truly sorry about the discrepancy and we will forward your comments to the relevant personnel so as to ensure adjustment can be made to prevent any reoccurrence of such situation. As it relates to the mini bar this is a cooler hence items are not ice cold nonetheless items should be cool. In the event mini fridge is not cooling at all, once reported it should be corrected with urgency, likewise with the Iron. IBEROSTAR is committed in providing exceptional services and as such we aim to always please our customers, therefore if an error is reported same warrants immediate attention. Regrettably, as per your review you were not assisted with urgency and we are truly sorry for the inconvenience experienced.

Notwithstanding, we are very grateful that you were able to move pass the inconvenience and enjoy your vacation. We will pass special commendations on to Nesta, Jean, Yanni, Barbara, Kadeem and the Star Friends for the excellent services offered thereby allowing you to have ‘one of the greatest vacation’ in your life. We are happy to hear that your phone recovered from the 30 minutes swim it had. IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort appreciates the time taken to share your review and we hope we will have the opportunity to extend welcome to you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel

Reviewed July 2, 2014

The stay was great but a couple of thing annoyed us and that was not getting served when it was our turn in the bar and reception , it seamed to us and the few other English people that were staying, that other nationalities got more prefarential treatment .

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort wishes to extend gratitude to you for selecting our hotel. We are thankful to hear that your stay was great. IBEROSTAR values each and every customer and we offer the same exceptional services to all. Kindly accept our humble apologies for any delay in service experience while at that Bar and we are truly sorry that you felt other nationalities had preference however I can assure you there is no preference in nationalities. We hope you will not allow this misunderstanding to impair on your perception of IBEROSTAR. Thank you for sharing and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was my second stay at this property and I must say that I was another good vacation. I am a travel agent and I stay at many resorts during the year and my most recent stay was a good one. I would be remiss if I didn't give acknowledgement to the Kids club staff Tinker bell and Gummy Bear, they truly made this vacation fun for my daughter.
The food was good. I enjoyed the buffet more that the specialty restaurants. The room was clean, my only downside was that my room seemed to be cleaned late every day. It was closer to 5:00pm which was a little inconvenient.
The drinks and the entertainment were also good along with the drinks. I would like on my next trip to experience the GRANDE and Suites property.

1  Thank yardie8860

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to take this opportunity to thank you for selecting our Resort once again. Thank you for taking the time to share your review and we are pleased that you have taken the time to experience our property on a first-hand basis. We are happy Tinker Bell and Gummy Bear were able to allow your daughter to have a fun experience; we will applaud them for the remarkable service offered. We apologize for the inconvenience experienced due to your room being cleaned late; for future reference we recommend communicating to Guest Services that you prefer early cleaning therefore facilitating the necessary arrangements. We are very grateful that you enjoyed your stay and we thank you for supporting IBEROSTAR. We look forward to extending welcome to you again in the future.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner visited from the 9th June - 23rd June. Upon arrival at the hotel we were presented with a welcome drink and checked in smoothly at the reception. We went straight to our rooms to unpack after a 10 hour flight and couldnt have wished for anything more.

The room was clean, beautiful and well maintained. The bed was huge and there was plenty of storage to place our clothes. There was also a safe within the wardrobe which we chose the code and placed all our valuables within.

It was evening time by the time we unpacked so we took a trip down to the beach and to take a look around. We got talking to the lifeguard who was on duty and instantly we got an amazing impression. All of the people who worked at the resort, tour guide and staff on excursions are the nicest people we have ever met in our lives!!

We ordered room service for our first night due to jet lag and the food was amazing. We took advantage of the room service as it was just so good! The food in the buffet, Cajun resturant and the Steakhouse is amazing and the jerk pork, sausage and chicken is making my mouth water thinking about it! We didnt go to the Japanese one as we dont eat fish but other people we spoke to said it was amazing! The beach BBQ was unbelievably good! All of the waitresses were amazing making sure that you never had an empty drink!

We made plenty of friends at the resort and a massive thankyou to all of the Iberostar Star Friends! Especially Tootsi-Roll!! All of the activities set out throughout the day for the guests were fun exciting and never failed to make you laugh. All of the star friends were lovely people and deserve a massive thankyou from the management as they couldnt do a better job! The night time entertainment which was organised by the star friends was always amazing and the best night time entertainment we have ever seen.

The pool side bar staff were also amazing and always having a laugh and making you feel special. Big thankyou to Orville - its Chelsea Girl!! Sorry we didnt say bye but you werent there when we left :(

We have come home and are definately planning on returning either next year or the year after because we know that no other holiday will ever be better than our time in Jamaica! The weather is gorgeous, the hotel is amazing and the people as i said are the nicest people i have ever met in our lives. We returned to England and genuinely missed the atmosphere and people and would return tomorrow if we could!

We have stayed in two different Iberostar hotels and would never use another company!

Thankyou to all the staff and Iberostar for making Jamaica such an amazing experiance and we will definately be returning at some point for three weeks not two!!

P.S If you visit, go to Dunns River Falls and Mystic Mountain - brilliant!!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Christina M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort for your past vacation. The management and staff appreciates your uplifting reviewing and the time taken to share. We are very grateful that our hardworking team has left you with such lasting impression and we will commend them for the remarkable services they continually offers to all our valued customers. IBEROSTAR takes great pride in providing the highest level of services thereby allowing magnificent experiences. We are happy you enjoyed the scrumptious meals provided, the amazing entertainment, the cleanliness and beauty of our property and most of all the top notch services provided by our friendly and dedicated employees. We are thrilled to hear that you will be returning in the future for your next vacation and we are overjoyed knowing that IBEROSTAR is your preferred resort. Once again, thank you and we look forward to extending warm welcome to you again on your next vacation. Thanks!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed at this resort in May 2013. We were a family of four. We really enjoyed this resort. The food, beach and rooms were all top notch. We stayed at Rose Hall Beach for a few days then we spoke with our travel agent and upgraded to the suites for the remainder of the trip. By upgrading we were able to have full access to all the properties. Also room service was now available at the suites. If you are looking for a reasonable priced resort then look no further than Iberostar rose hall beach.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rick P

Dear Guest,

On the behalf of the management and staff, we would like to thank you for sharing your candid review of IBEROSTAR Hotel. We're delighted to read that your vacation was such a wonderful experience at our resorts and as such we continue to provide our clients with exceptional services. We are also thrilled to know, we were able to exceed your expectations and your family enjoyed the true Jamaican hospitality, food, clean room, beach and the resort amenities in general.

Thank you once again for your review and for recommending our properties. We look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

My daughter's wedding was held here. The food, service, and grounds of the hotel was wonderful. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to accommodate us. Room was cleaned every day and the towels were replaced. We will be back again!

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com
4  Thank Linda R

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Beach Resort as the resort of choice for your vacation and your daughter’s special occasion. It is always a pleasure receiving feedback from you our valued guest and the Management and hardworking staff are thankful of your review.

Our hardworking wedding coordinators are experts in planning and managing beautiful customized weddings and constantly deliver experiences that leave an indelible footprint that will be cherished forever; as was the case of your daughter’s wedding. We are also pleased to know that we were able to surpass your expectations as it regards to our food, hotel grounds and immaculate room as our hardworking staff work tirelessly to make such exceptional services possible by providing service of the highest quality. We will be happy to share on your compliments with the team.

Again, thank you choosing IBEROSTAR and for sharing your Tripadvisor review. We look forward to welcoming you back and your daughter for her first Anniversary and many more.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed for 8 nights with extended family; we booked 3 rooms. One room was extremely cold and the other 2 were HOT! Called maintenance to check and was told that the a/c was working properly. After many attempts to get the room cooler, my husband pulled the vent cover off the a/c and it was covered in dust at least 2 inches thick! Gross! We left the cover off for the rest of the week and the temp was fine. We did notify the front desk when we checked out that they need to clean the a/c vents in the ceiling. The drinks do not get cold in the refrigerator, but the maintenance man said it was not really a refrigerator but a cooler....that plugs in. Not a big issue since they do provided an ice bucket to cool the drinks.

The kids pool is SAD! Our room overlooked the kids pool and not one person ever used the pool when we were there. It needs to be torn down completely or renovated. The adult pool is fine for the kids (we traveled with 3 kids under 6)

The rooms need to be updated. The top drawer of our dresser would not close completely. The curtains were all torn and could use replacement. The couch is ready for the dumpster.

The kids staff were amazing! Cannot say enough about how great they were. The 8:00 show is worth a nightly visit with children. They get to know the kids by name and would often sit with us at lunch so we could get to know them better. All of them were sooooo nice! So fun! The activities offered are all worthwhile. They did a pirate party on the beach one night and it was the most fun we have had on a trip.

Avoid the flea market on the other side of the fence. They are very aggressive and once they know your name, you are harassed constantly to buy from them. They are all pretty much selling the same stuff.

Buffett and restaurants were all great. Food was excellent at all of them. The resort itself is kept very clean. They are forever tidying up the place.

Would definitely stay here again. I just hope they do a bit of renovating to the rooms.

5  Thank cardinalsdiva

Dear Guest,

The management team and staff appreciate you taking the time to share your Tripadvisor review on your recent IBEROSTAR Beach Resort experience. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as it allows us to identify areas of concerns, and make the necessary adjustments to further refine our product.

We are disappointed that you did not fully enjoy your vacation experience. We regret any discomfort encountered with the air-conditioning, bedrooms and furniture’s. As it relates to the Kid’s area we do have plans in the near future to renovate this area so as to better satisfy the desires of our value customers.

With regards to the issued outlined with the rooms, please note that the situations outlined are not a part of our accepted standards. We take great pride in ensuring all rooms are maintained and serviced daily, and where situations like yours come to our attention we take the necessary housekeeping and maintenance measures to eliminate them. Kindly accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience which you may have encountered due to such. We would like to reassure you however that this is not a true depiction of our standards of operation thus, you can rest assured that all the corrective measures where necessary, have been taken so as not to have a reoccurrence of the situations mentioned.

Notwithstanding the foregoing, we are happy you enjoyed several aspects of your experience, especially the nightly shows, pirate beach party, the resort grounds, delectable cuisine (food), beach, pool and hotel amenities in general are high preference among our many guests. It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed and appreciated the friendliness and warm Jamaican hospitality of our staff; we are aware that it is only because of them that we are able to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations and improve our services.

Again, thank you for sharing your objective review. We hope that your perception of IBEROSTAR Hotels and Resorts hasn’t been tarnished due to these circumstances. We sincerely hope you will visit again, thus giving us the opportunity to prove to you our commitment to excellent service and complete satisfaction.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
#19 of 63 in Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!