“Wonderful Hotel-wonderful people”

GreenLeadersGold level
Lloydminster, Canada
“Wonderful Hotel-wonderful people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was great..... We had ocean view on the 4 th floor.
We stayed from April 27-May 2....wife and I and 3 young adult daughters.

Pro: people and staff were awesome, always happy, polite and helpful. They are a proud people that are happy to share their culture and country with vacationers.
They gave hugs all around!!
Smiley, Champagne, Tootsie Roll were a few of the entertainment staff
Dalbert, Julious, Capt Neil were great bartenders at the poolside bar.
Nardil, Maxine and Christopher of the Cajun restaurant were a few of the greats.

Cons:
-our king sized mattress needed an upgrade, clean but you could feel the springs.
-resort photographers took great picts throughout the stay, but I thought they were way over priced....$100+ for 10 picts or $325 for all picts on CD....

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our Resort for your past vacation. We apprecaite the time taken to share your review as such once again we wish to extend our gratitude. IBEROSTAR takes great pleasure in providing exceptional services and we are happy you had a wonderul stay here with us.

We will commend our awesome staffs especially those mentioned by names for the oustanding services they provide. Kindly accept our humble apology for any discomfort you felt with the bed; your comment was noted. The photoshop is a seperate entity nontheless we will share your comments with them. Thanks to you again for choosing IBEROSTAR and we hope we will have the pleasure to extend welcome to you again. Thank you.

Online Reputation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (995)
  • Polish first
Massapequa Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

I was so very impressed with the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach-Land Jamaica. We went for 7 days during the April 2014 school break . It is an all-inclusive vacation. The resort was a 20 minute drive from the airport. The entire resort was beautiful and the weather was great. The rooms where extremely clean and they were a nice size for my family of four. Each room had its own balcony. The swim up bar was a big hit and the pool over looking the beach was truly beautiful. I’ve been to several all-inclusive resorts and thought this one had the best food. The 3 main restaurants were fantastic. They had large menu selections. One thing to consider- make your reservations upon arrival because they had rules on the amount of reservations you could make which depended on the amount of days you stayed and they had limited seating times. You don’t want to miss out on any of these restaurants so plan ahead. There was a lot to do at the resort- we didn’t feel the need to leave resort property because there was so much to do. As far as the staff- they were unbelievable. Probably the best staff I’ve seen at any resort! They were extremely friendly, incredible nice and fun to be around. They all had nicknames that where a big hit with the kids. They really know how to please their guests. Their events coordinators really made sure you had fun; from volley ball to the Jamaica Olympics to snorkeling and dancing and so on. We (wife and 2 kids) loved this resort and would definitely recommend it. We are already considering going back next April.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Steve D
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to take this opportunity to extend our gratitude to you for choosing our resort. We are thrilled to hear that you and family had a wonderful time here with us and that all services were enjoyed. We take great pleasure in ensuring all our valued customers are enjoying their vacation and as such we always do our best in all areas. We are thankful that you enjoyed the delicious food provided the amazing entertainment and the beauty of our property in general. Our committed staffs are genuinely friendly and we are thankful that you enjoyed their warmth and excellent services offered; we will commend them for their hard work. We wish to extend our gratitude to you as well for taking the time to share your superb review; it is highly appreciated. Once again thanks to you and family for making IBEROSTAR your choice and we look forward to extending warm welcome to you again next April. Thanks!

Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

My Husband and I stayed here from 4/26/14 through 5/3/14. The food was good. The hotel and grounds were clean. The serving, housekeeping and entertainment teams were all awesone.

The major issues we encountered that will keep us from staying in an Iberostar again are:
1. Nasty "fruit flies". They must not clean the drains in the rooms as every day tons of "fruit flies" were in the bathroom of our room - congregating around sink drain. The sink also drained very slowly. Key indicators that drains need cleaning and a cleaner needs (one that comes to mind is "Sanifoam") to be applied to drains daily. (I am in the food service business and know what I am talking about.) We never left food or drink around to draw these things and as i said they (fruit flies) congregated around sink drain in restroom.
2. We paid a premium price to have an Ocean Front Junior Suite. We like sitting on the balcony listening to the sound of the waves before bed. Typically these rooms tend to be quieter as well at night. Unfortunately the hotel doesn't tell you that wedding receptions are held in front of these rooms. Four out of seven nights we had to hear loud thumping music, people carrying on right in front of our room. Closing the doors did not help either. It felt like a night club scene was going on! We good to bed by 10 pm and wake up early as we have "grown out of the party scene". I sent an email complaint. Our room was called by Guest services and the woman had the audacity to tell me "YOU are the ONLY complaint we have had. Plus these events are planned ahead of time. " I told her that the hotel should not charge extra for these rooms AND should warn people that these types of events are held outside these rooms before people book these rooms. And that I had also booked AND paid them extra money "ahead of time" as well!

The hotel did give us an apology letter, a fruit plate and bottle of (bad tasting) Champagne. BUT that did not make up for the extra money they charged us and having to deal with the "parties" just outside our room during most nights of our stay - plus they held TWO more wedding receptions in front of our room after their apology gesture.... (A partial refund of the EXTRA "premium" we paid would have been the preferred approach...)

And lastly - minibar is supposed to be restocked every "2nd day". Well that was NOT what happened. We had to call on the 4th day of our stay and request it be restocked.

I do NOT begrudge anyone a fun wedding reception - I just desire not to have them in front of my room. Had we known this is what would happen we would not have paid extra hard earned money to book our ocean front room.

So if you choose this hotel just do NOT pay them extra money and/or book an Ocean Front Room - UNLESS you want to hear loud wedding receptions/parties just outside your door most nights OR you plan to hang out in bars drinking to midnight or later.

I have stayed at numerous (18) resorts in the carribean and Cancun and have never seen any resort - except this one - hold loud parties in front of their ocean front rooms. I will NOT return to an Iberostar in the future. RIU Palaces remain my preferred resorts.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank LexusNBentley
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. Firstly we wish to extend our humble apologies for the inconveniences you encountered while staying at our Resort. In regards to your comment as it relates to the drain and the flies, we are sincerely sorry and for future reference we advised that you share your concern while at the hotel so as to ensure it can be addressed effectively. You communicated to us your concerns with the wedding functions and again we wish to apologize for the inconvenience. We acknowledge that you paid extra for the ocean front room and generally we have no complaint as it relates to the wedding functions on the beach nonetheless we recognize that you were disturbed and this was not intentional. We do our utmost to assist our valued customers so as to ensure they are happy. However you communicated to us that you preferred not to room change as all was already unpacked. Regrettably we have no other area on the beach for the functions and as such we are truly sorry that you were inconvenienced in such a way.

The minibar should be stocked every other day and also upon request and if this was not done once again we extend our apologies. IBEROSTAR is committed to providing excellent services and we aim to always ensure our customers leave with their expectation being exceeded as such we sincerely hope you will not allow this experience to tarnish your perception of IBEROSTAR. We are truly sorry if you felt your complaint was not handled adequately. We hope you will have a change in perspective and return to rediscover the true services of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I was married at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach on January 22nd, 2014. We planned for a year leading up to the wedding and family vacation. Before I go through the time we spent there I will just say that it was everything I'd hoped it would be and more! All of our guests had an amazing time and we had the perfect wedding. It was everything I'd hoped it would be. We chose the Iberostar Rose Hall beach because of it's reputation. The location was beautiful. The food was delicious. The staff was welcoming and friendly. The price point was right for us and for our guests.

Wedding:

I think people choose a destination wedding because it makes things more simple. I will just say that things can be as simple or as complicated as you make them as far as wedding planning goes. If you want details, things will take time and effort. If you want simple, the hotel will take care of the essentials and you won't need anything else.

I wanted a dream beach wedding and I really felt like that is what I got. The hotel provided the basics. They provided the officiant, took care of the legalities, the location, music, cake, flowers, and the reception. As someone who organizes events for a living it was great to be able to fill out a form and be able to choose all of the options I wanted for our big day in one simple place. That said, I still felt like I had enough control over everything and it wasn't an impersonal as it sounds. Santena and Vanassa were our wedding coordinators and were very patient and helped with so many details along the way. Keep in mind, things move on Jamaica time...meaning...slower than I was used to. Sometimes it would take a week or so to get a response to an email. In the end, that's OK. In Jamaica there are no problems, only situations. Everything I wanted done got done and it all turned out fabulously. Trust the process. The officiant was friendly and took the time to remember our names (my husband does not have a common name so it was appreciated that it was pronounced correctly). We got married on the beach. We chose to have a canopy as the backdrop. Instead of the fake greens around the white fabric as was provided, we folded and brought with us 1000 paper cranes for good luck and they hung them up on the canopy for us. We brought colourful paper parasols to place along the aisle and everyone had fun with them in the photos afterwards. We wrote our own vows which was really fun, personal and romantic. I corresponded with the resort's florist via email and the bouquets turned out exactly how I pictured them. The ceremony was the perfect reflection of us. We hired the resort photographer. The pictures he took were good. We will definitely frame a few of them and cherish the memories but we were also lucky enough to have very talented friends that also took a lot of photos so we had no shortage of amazing photos from a few different sources. While we were having pictures taken we had a cocktail reception for our guests. While we did not attend, our guests had a great time having drinks, appetizers and an hour to chill out before the reception. The reception was just as spectacular as the ceremony. We were given the choice to have it at one of the restaurants or on the beach. We chose to have it in a clear top tent on the beach. This turned out to be perfect. While it was more costly, it allowed us to have a private space for a longer amount of time. With the tent we had different food options than would have been made available at one of the restaurants and my husband and I were delighted to have the choice of more authentic Jamaican fare. The food was a buffet. We had a dance floor in the middle of the tent with the tables set up around it. The bar was off to the side underneath a tree with mini lights and lanterns lighting the area. The DJ played any and every song we requested and we all danced our hearts out. We brought floating lanterns and as the festivities wound down Vanassa and Santena took charge and helped all of our guests light them down by the shore and let them float up to the sky as we made wishes for a happy and healthy future. After the reception we took the party to the disco and kept the celebration going. It was an amazing night that I will never forget.

Service:

I was very happy with the service that Vanassa and Santea provided for all of the wedding preparation. Without them, things wouldn't have turned out exactly as I'd pictured them. As destination weddings are so popular these days you can't expect to go to a resort and be the only couple getting married (out of the 14 days we were there, there were probably 11 weddings at the Beach property alone), but the staff make you feel special. That is a feat considering they literally do a wedding almost every day. That combined with putting your own special touches on things, you will truly feel special on your big day.

Aside from the wedding, the service was equally as amazing. The service staff make an effort to remember you and everyone is so friendly. Really, everywhere we went on and off the resort people were all so friendly. The bar staff remember your name, your drink, and make conversation with you if you are open to that. The Star Friends are the entertainment staff. They are SO hard working. They are there at 8 am leading activities by the pool. The put on great shows in the theatre after dinner and are dancing with the guests at the disco a 2 am. The Beach resort is definitely the most upbeat atmosphere of the three Iberostar properties along that strip. All of the guests in our group bonded with the staff whether it be a bartender remembering your drink, a server bringing them a new tasty juice from the buffet in the morning or one of the staff making a single traveller feel welcome and not so alone.

Room:

The rooms were standard. The beds were comfortable enough. The pillows were a bit flat. You must accept that Jamaica is hot and humid. As such, everything is a bit damp. I don't think it's realistic for anyone to expect the hotel to reverse that. It's not fancy, but it's good. And besides, I didn't go to Jamaica to stay in my room. I did visit the other hotels in the Iberostar chain for a look-see and the Grand rooms were very nice and posh. I wouldn't complain if I HAD to stay there (haha), but I'm not going to complain regardless.

Location:

Th location of the hotel was good. The beach was nice. We were close enough to the airport to not have a long bus ride from the airport to the hotel upon our arrival. We were able to go on a short evening jaunt to the Luminous Lagoon (see other review) which was really cool. We had a great day trip to Dunn's River Falls with the Cool Runnings tour (see other review) which was a bit longer of a jaunt, but so worth it. There was shopping close by at the Shoppes at Rose Hall. And you are close enough to Montego Bay to ho check things out.

Food:

The food was delicious. The buffet had a great variety. For breakfast there was your standard fare. Bacon, bacon and more bacon. Eggs, sausage, waffles, pancakes and the like. Lunch and dinner had great options. There was authentic Jamaican food if that is something you wanted to try. Fruits and veggies. Breads and cheese. Pizza and pasta. And theme nights several times a week. Of the A La Carte restaurants we tried the Japanese once and the Steak Restaurant four times. So that speaks for itself. We wanted to try the Cajun but never ended up getting around to it.

All told I assume everyone had a great time. One of our fussiest friends was thoroughly impressed by the service. My aunt and uncle are already booking their trip back next year and other friends are planning their next trip as well. The hotel was great, the staff was great, and I really have a fantastic appreciation for the country and its friendly, welcoming people. I will always remember how amazing my wedding was and I will definitely be going back myself.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
10 Thank jesykagibson
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort wishes to extend our gratitude to you and your husband for choosing our hotel for such a special occasion. The time taken to share your detail review of your remarkable experience is highly appreciated as such once again our gratitude we wish to express. We are elevated knowing your wedding was fantastic therefore your wishes were granted and your special day was as you dreamt it would be. Weddings are extremely special occasions and as such Santena and Vanessa goes above and beyond to ensure that each couple experience the wedding of their dream. We are proud to have these ladies as members of our committed team and we will applaud them for their outstanding performance. Truly we are grateful that everyone worked as a team and as such all turned out fantastic!

Our dedicated staffs are genuinely friendly and enjoys assisting all our valued customers as best as possible. Each day we work towards one common goal, which is to ensure that we meet and exceed each of our customers expectation as such we truly appreciate your review. We apologize if the pillows are not entirely to your liking and we thank you for sharing. It is always an excellent choice to see Jamaica outside of the Resort as our beautiful island has much to offer; we are happy you enjoyed your visit to Luminous Lagoon and Dunn’s River. It is obvious you were very taken by the Steakhouse; we will applaud our chefs for the scrumptious meals they continually provide in each restaurant.

Thanks to you again as well as to your entire wedding party for choosing IBEROSTAR and we are grateful you all had an amazing time here with us. We will commend all our dedicated staffs for the outstanding services offered. We are happy to hear that you, your husband as well as your aunt, uncle and friends are planning to return. We look forward to having the pleasure to extend warm welcome to you again. Thank you.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

This resort was amazing. The staff really made my trip extr enjoyable. They are funny and entertaining. They try to get you involved with the activities. I would definitely recommend this resort! Breezy, tootsie roll, Barbie, angel, sunshine, champagne... The staff list goes on. Thanks you guys! Miss you already!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank SaneetaR
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our resort. We wish to extend our gratitude to you as well for taking the time to share your uplifting review. We are overjoyed knowing you had an amazing stay here with us and we will commend Breezy, Tootsie Roll, Barbie, Angel, Sunshine, Champagne and all our dedicated staffs for the tremendous contribution they all made to your vacation. Thanks to you again for making IBEROSTAR your preferred destination and we look forward to the next time we will have the opportunity to give you another amazing experience. Thanks!

Romulus, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Overall, the trip was nice. My room was cleaned daily and the drinks were great. However, I have stayed at another Iberostar in Puerto Plata and I have to stay this resort did not hit those standards that Iberostar Costa Dorada had set with me last year. This was our second girls trip and our group was twice as big from all the reviews we shared about Iberostar Costa Dorada. Ratings began to shatter the moment we arrived. Several of the ladies had to share king beds and although we made a request to be all on the same floor months ago it was not honored. Food was delicious and our waitress (for the week) Annette made us feel right at home, she is a huge part of positives in the overall rating. The entertainment was okay but it seemed as though they only catered to particular guest, we found ourselves entertaining ourselves quite often. Mary who handled the booking for water activities made one of the ladies in our party (who i invited) so upset because of her rude, demeaning tone and short responses. My friend was ready to pack up and go home and it was only our second day. Although, Mary was just one rude staff her fellow employees helped ease the tension and frustration she caused our group. Needless to say, we didn't have the opportunity to para-sail. We did horseback ride on the beach and that was awesome and Patrice at the spa gives a spectacular message.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank DarNesha N
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. The time taken to share your review is appreciated. We are sincerely sorry that you were disappointed in IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach but we are thankful that overall you had a nice stay. In regards to your room request, please be advised that room assignments, though submitted months in advance, are not guaranteed in advance and is always done based on availability. We do our utmost to assist with every request regrettably not all requests were granted for your group and we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience experienced. As it relates to the entertainment we do our best to cater for each of our value customers nonetheless we acknowledge your comment and we apologize for the displeasure.

We wish to extend our humble apologies on the behalf of Dive Center. This is a separate entity however they are required to offer exceptional services to our valued customers as their operation reflects on us. We are thankful that other employees assisted in containing the mishap. We are very sorry you did not get the opportunity to para-sail. Thanks to you again for choosing IBEROSTAR and we hope that you will not allow this experience to tarnish your perception of IBEROSTAR. We will commend Patrice and all other staffs for the positive contributions they made to your vacation. Thank you and we sincerely hope you will continue to visit IBEROSTAR Hotels and Resorts.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

We had such a great time. All the staff were very accommodating, especially as far as climbing up a tree to get us a coconut for a drink we wanted on the last day we were there. The weather was perfect, food fabulous, activities galore. You can relax or stay as busy as you like. The only complaint was the pillows are not real comfortable. Ours were pretty hard. I had my own small pillow, so all was good. We will be going back. Loved it. Thanks to everyone there. Especially all the bartenders at the pool bar for such great drinks and lobby bar for the coconut.
Thanks, the Tarpy's

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. We are very grateful we were given the opportunity to host you and we are truly thankful that you had a great time. We will applaud our accommodating staffs for ensuring you had a wonderful vacation. We apologize for the discomfort with the pillows however we are grateful you did not allow it to smear your vacation. Once again thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR and we look forward to the next time we will have the pleasure to extend welcome to you again. Thanks for taking the time to share your warm review!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
3.5 of 5 bubbles 5,848 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!