My wife and I come here March 28th until April 4th. We had never been to Jamaica as had none of our group. Amongst all of us we had travelled the Caribbean pretty well and had stayed lots of places. Our first impression of the place was WOW!. Upon arrival, they have a nice cold drink (Miami Vice) for you. Then the bell hop boy takes you to your room. The lobby constantly smells of roses which is great. We were in the king ocean VIEW room, which was nice with only a slight view of the ocean. The rooms were big, clean and Nice. Nothing to special, and the bed wasn't overly comfortable, but was still nice.
The food at the buffet was always great as was most of the staff. There was always lots of variety, a smoothie bar at all times, and nothing that made us sick or that we thought would make us sick. In any other country we are always getting sick or very leary about the food. Here there was absolutely NO issues. The A la Carte's were great the best was the Steak house. The food was great and the Rib eye was huge. none of us could finish our meals. The Cajun food was also great, but the new orleans theme wasn't to cajun. still good though. The Japanese was ok. Not as good as I had hoped for, but the food was good and entertaining.
The beach BBQ was by far the Best of the food that they had served, but thats all personal choice.
The beach was nice. I would haves wished for some tall palms on the beach, but there was lots of shade trees, to hide from the sun when need be. The wait staff on the beach was the best. CHINET WILLIAMS IS THE BEST THERE IS!!!!!!!!! We would order one drink and she'd bring you two. then she'd have two more for you before you could ask. And super friendly. She is such a hard worker!!! All the beach staff were great.
The entertainment staff and coordinators such as Booty girl, Tootsie , and Breazy were a blast also. They would come up sit beside you on the beach and just chat for 10-15 minutes, make you laugh, invite you to dance exercise, or volleyball game. They were great at remembering your name and really made you feel welcomed.
They had a pirate themed beach party the one night and it was so much fun. The nightly entertainment was great, and exciting. There is so much great things to say about this resort.
I cannot wait to go back next year and think I will either book a 10 day or 2 week stay next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new 5-star- hotel is located in beautiful Montego Bay, Jamaica. Directly on the beach. Elegant colonial design. Water sports galore. Scuba diving. 3 specialty restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, VISIT US, INC. , Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Iberostar
- Iberostar Rose Hall Jamaica
- Iberostar Jamaica
- Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel Jamaica - Montego Bay