“another wonderful holiday”

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Returned to this wonderful and very well managed resort for the second time. A 20 min bus ride to the 3 Iberostar sisters (Beach, Suites, and Grand) which are next to each other. Nicely landscaped resort, easy walking distance to everything from all rooms.

Once again had a nicely appointed room with lots of dresser and closet space. Everything worked well. No problem drinking tap water. Bottled water provided during fridge replenishing.Our maid Viviene, was friendly and professional, and kept our room very clean.

Always had breakfast and dinner at the buffet, and lunch at Uncle Tony’s. Very pleased with selection and quality of all food and drink. Neither of us was sick, nor were any other guests complaining of illness.

Whole resort still very clean, with the cleanest washrooms we have ever seen anywhere. Everyone provided excellent service. Special hugs and thanks go out to Patrice.

Beach is nice, lots of chairs and shade available. Ocean very warm, like bath water. We both got stung several times by jelly fish (no see-ums), with mild burning reactions. Snorkeling was decent, thankfully a lot less lion fish this trip. My husband also came across a box jelly fish (also do not touch). The only complaint we have is that garbage was not collected. Empty drinking glasses used by beach bar would be collected by bar staff several times a day. However, various garbage such as empty water/pop bottles, empty sunscreen bottles, any items guests fished out of the ocean etc would all be left behind. We don’t remember it being this way during our last visit.

Very much enjoyed our second two week holiday here, and hope to return for a third visit. We have stayed at several Iberostar resorts, and can honestly say that this resort chain is definitely the best there is, and our favorite!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Mary I
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Our management and staff would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Beach Rose Hall once more and being part of the Iberostar family chain. It’s our aim to share the best hospitality and customer service to our prized guest. We will definitely share your wonder reviews with Viviene and Patrice and to all our team as this keep our staff motivated in doing their utmost best each day.

In regards to the small disappointment of the empty bottles on the beach, this is not the norm as our landscaping team strives to ensure a clean and health environment is provided each day. With this said I must thank you in helping us making sure our property is properly maintained as should and apologizing with any inconvenient caused.

We endeavor to ensure all our guests have a great time whenever they are on vacation and we will continue to work assiduously in order to arrive at the best result. We look forward in host you again for another vacation. Thanks to you once more and we look forward to welcome you on your next visit to Jamaica!

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Write a ReviewReviews (4,583)

Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Lets begin on a nice note, the only good thing about this resort is that it is beautiful and kept clean ,other than the pool. I didn't even put my toe in it . The front desk staff here are rude, and unpleasant to talk to. Bartenders and other staff were just ok. No personality no warmth. As far as I can see the staff all hate their jobs! The resort itself has great potential ! They just need to do a staff over haul .....
I've been in the service industry for 10 years now and I would NEVER and I mean NEVER demand tips! Yes you should get tipped for your service , and I'm a very good tipper , but by then end of our stay I didn't want to tip another penny! Absolutely disgusting !

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Blasaaaa

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. We are thankful you appreciated the beauty and cleanness of our wonderful property. Our staff is regarded very highly for their warmth and friendliness hence it is very surprising to hear your views as it relates. Nonetheless kindly accept our humble apologies for any rude or unpleasant behavior you encountered. Tipping is permitted however it is not mandatory; our staff is grateful whenever they receive tips however to demand tip is strictly against company policy and all our employees are well aware. Thank you for sharing your experience and we will review and improve where necessary so as to better the services offered at our Hotel.

The management and staff of Iberostar are committed to offering excellent services thereby allowing our valued customers to enjoy their vacation to the fullest. We sincerely hope your perception of Iberostar was not tarnished as the experience describe does not represents what we offer. Kindly accept our heartfelt apologies for the inconveniences encountered and we hope your happier memories will surpass the inconveniences. Thanks to you again for choosing Iberostar and we hope we will have the privilege to welcome you again for another vacation.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This hotel is nice, clean, nicely decorated and have a great location on the beach.
It has also a beautiful pool. It is an All Inclusive hotel and I was impressed of the food they served. Many places were it is All Inclusive have a very average tasting food but here it was very good. Breakfast was great with a big choice of food, and the lunch buffet outside not far from the pool was also good. The dinner buffet had also a great variation of food. There were 3 restaurants that you could book a table at, but I didnt try them. But heard that both the steakhouse and the Japanes restaurant was good. The staff at the hotel were not the happiest in the world, but that is maybe the style in Jamaica. The music at the pool were way too loud and started already at 10 in the morning. Maybe 3 pm had been a better time.. I guess most people want to relax, read or sleep on the sunchair when they are on holiday.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank TinaOslo_Norway
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. The time taken to share your experience is highly appreciated. We are very committed to offering excellent services and we are overjoyed each time our desired result is achieved. Kindly accept our humble apologies if you were disturbed by the music at the pool and we appreciate your suggestion. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you again for another vacation.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our family of 14 spent Christmas in the sun. Hotel was clean, food was good (not the best we have had) but no one was sick and that says a lot for resorts. Staff for the most part was very good. Our only complaint would be with the lack of staff and/or hours for guest services. The beach staff were very friendly and they made sure you were kept active and involved if you wanted to be and there was no shortage of beverages. It was loud both on the beach at times and especially at the Theatre. There were tours made available if you were adventurous. All-in-all, a very good resort.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank vaykaytyon

Dear Guest,
The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. We are happy to hear that you and your family had a wonderful time with us. We work relentlessly to ensure our guests are happy. Our Guest Service department is very active and as such we always ensure that staffing is sufficient therefore if you waited extensively before you were assisted our humble apologies are extended. Thank you for sharing your experience, it is highly appreciated and we hope we will have the privilege to welcome you and your family for your next vacation. Thank you!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach from December 28, 2013 until January 4, 2014.
Here's my overall impressions and comments...

STAFF - Very good for the most part. I did have one minor incident involving a lifeguard telling me where I could dangle my feet at the pool but on the other hand, a "Star Friends" staff came over and joined us for lunch at the Beach restaurant... Front desk and bar staff were polite and attentive.

GROUNDS - Staff were up bright and early cleaning the pool and beach. The beach is not long as it begins and ends at the three Iberostar properties. Getting a hammock in the shade wasn't a problem and we along with other patrons reserved them with towels although signs advised this wasn't allowed... The grounds are immaculate, beautiful and lit up at night.

ROOMS - No real issues. There is a free safe that I made use of for valuables. The shower worked fine and the A/C also worked. I never noticed any moldy odor in our room. We were in building #! with a great view of the beach and ocean.

FACILITIES - I didn't like the lobby here as much as those in the DR. It didn't have the 'open' concept I liked at Iberostar resorts in Punta Cana and Puerto Plata. Not a big deal but there was a rather strong perfume like fragrance similar to incense in the lobby. I'm not sure where it originated from or it's purpose. The gym had a good selection of equipment but they could certainly use at least one or even two additional treadmills. It was tough to get on one especially in the morning... There is both both WiFi and an Internet room.. WIFI is cheaper...

FOOD - excellent! Be sure to try the jerk chicken... They had it at the beach restaurant at lunch and supplied jerk sauce to spice it up even more if you liked... There are three a la cartes and we could certainly recommend the Cajun and Japanese... My wife and I somehow managed to miss the very tasty Jamaican patties at the buffet but apparently they did exist there... The deserts are super yummy...

MISC - If you stay at the 'Beach', you're restricted in access to the 'Suites' and "Grand'... I was jogging along the beach one morning and was told, politely, by a security guard that I wasn't allowed to run too close to the "Grand' property. I had to run right along the water... Check with the front desk if you want to venture over to the other two resorts...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank OttawaDave
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your last vacation. The time taken to share your experience is well appreciated and as such our gratitude is extended once more. We are grateful to hear that the excellent services provided by our dedicated staff, the tasty food and our beautiful facilities were all enjoyed. Kindly accept our humble apologies if you did not like the fragrance in the lobby and we are truly sorry if you were inconvenienced in the gym. We appreciate your comments and we will do our utmost to improve where possible. Thanks to you again for choosing Iberostar and we look forward to the next time we will have the opportunity to extended welcome to you again. Thank you!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

My girlfriends and I take a few beach trips every year. We typically end up in the Caribbean and in the 11 years that we have been traveling together, this is the first resort we have actually gone to twice! Everything was fantastic! The resort is close to the Montego Bay airport so you don't spend half your day just getting to your destination.

RESORT: Beautiful is really the only way to describe it! The grounds are very well maintained and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. This resort does not allow access to the other Rose Hall resorts (there are 3 total on the same property) however after talking with many guests by the pool, we found out that they were all coming from the other 2 resorts because Rose Hall Beach had the most lively and fun atmosphere. The first time we went, we had 3 rooms that were not close together--all different room types but all equally as nice, clean and comfortable. The second time we went, we had rooms together both with large balconies and lots of space.

STAFF: All very friendly, very welcoming, very helpful--overall excellent customer service. The bartenders are some of the friendliest I've met at the many resorts that I've been to. They are actually creative, think of new cocktails and aim to please the guests (which is a lot more than I can say for American bartenders). You can tell that they really enjoyed their jobs and interacting with the guests. The staff at the water sports area are very friendly also. We learned how to sail the Catamaran, went out on the kayaks and did a snorkeling trip.

POOL/BEACH: The first time we came here, we didn't leave the pool bar for the first 4 days--that's how much fun we were having! The good chairs do fill up quick so you have to get out pretty early and reserving chairs with towels is not allowed. On our 5th and final day, we finally made our way to the beach which was equally fun and relaxing. We had no problem finding beach chairs. On our second trip here, we did spend more time at the beach and really enjoyed it. The chef cooked paella on the beach and it was yummy. The jerk chicken is a must also.

FOOD: I have been to many all-inclusive resorts and I will say that hands down, Iberostar resorts have the best food! My biggest pet peeve is going to another country and not getting authentic food specific to that country (if I wanted pizza, hamburgers and hot dogs, I could just stay home). The food was phenomenal! We mainly ate at the buffet (mostly because we just couldn't drag ourselves away from the pool or beach early enough to actually get to a reservation!). The buffet had different food every day and a ton of authentic dishes. The staff was so nice that we made sure to sit in the same section every day so we could get the same wait staff. On our second trip here, we did go to the Japanese restaurant and it was a lot of fun. Our chef was very entertaining and really made it an enjoyable experience.

Overall, Iberostar is a must for anyone considering traveling to Montego Bay. The resort is beautiful, the food is fantastic, the staff provide excellent customer service (and even remembered us when we returned the second time). My friend has gone to this resort three times. They remembered her on her 3rd visit so they gave her a free bottle of rum for being a return guest! Iberostar is hands down, my favorite all-inclusive resort chain! If someone has a negative review of this resort then they are probably the type that can never be pleased. I would recommend this resort 100%!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
12  Thank MilaFred

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar rose Hall Beach Resort wish to express our gratitude to you and friends for continually choosing our resort. We thank you for taking time to share your wonderful experience which is highly appreciated. We are delighted to hear that you had such a phenomenal time with us. We are honored to have such a great team working with us and we will commend them for the remarkable job they have done. We are grateful that on both occasions you and your friends were able to enjoy our beautiful resort, the excellent services offered and the authentic food provided. We are truly thankful to you and your friends and your recommendation is highly appreciated. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again for another vacation. Thanks again and it was our pleasure ensuring your vacation was remarkable!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We spent 2 weeks in this great place with family, 13 family members in all. December 8 - 22, 2013. First of all the resort is magnificent and the people that work there are the best. Walking along the beach and that nice refreshing dip in the ocean. Don't forget the snorkelling gear, it was a blast swimming with the kids around the reefs in front of the resort checking out the fish. We had young ones with us so they attended the kids program on some days. I would like to say a big thank you to Tinkerbell and Rainbow for making our young one feel at home. Now for the entertainment staff who worked the long hours to accommodate the guests, you people ROCK..... Next getaway thinking about New Years 2015..
The food is so good and there is a lot to pick from.

Room Tip: Ocean front the view the best.