We spent our Christmas holiday from 12/21-12/28. This was our second stay here this year [never repeated anywhere else in 35 years Caribbean] Our adult children had foolishly declined coming with us. I felt guilty only for a few hours, until Santa Clause para-sailed by the beach.
We sent them photos of us in front of the Christmas tree, with Santa, and by the live Nativity scene. Instead of hosting dinner for 30 guests on Christmas, we were treated royally at the Gala buffet which was better than some we've attended on cruise ships. We did not regret leaving home for the holiday at all!
We were greeted at the front desk with frozen drinks and efficiently checked in at 2:30. No problem making reservation for Jambalaya and the staff reminded us to book a seating for Christmas eve.
We were not able to get a beachfront suite as in February. Our room was on the first floor with a pool/beach view & convenient to everything. Our room was immaculate, air conditioner cold, beds firm but got good nite's sleep and the maid left cute towel decorations. There were many children & families due to the holiday. Beach was clean, chairs were plentiful poolside even after lunch. Seemed like there was better beverage service by the beach and pool this stay. We mostly have iced tea or coffee - no problem. It was Christmas and we tipped, but it wasn't expected.
The staff outdid themselves with attention to everyone,The dining room helpers are very professional. Smiley, Lava Child and Bootie girl remembered us from February. This was one of the reasons for our return. They worked tirelessly from 9:00am by the pool, on the beach, and organizing entertainment in then theatre at night. Most of these Star friends were not able to be with their own families or children and didn't complain.
Another reason we returned is the variety of the buffets. My husband has dietary issues, and although tempted by the pasta bar & morning donuts, there are hundreds of vegetables, fruits, meats, fish & salads to choose from.
The only reason for not giving 5 stars is to not mislead potential guests looking for a "Ritz or Half-Moon" resort. We love Rose hall Beach and are thinking about returning next vacation. [hopefully our family will join us!]
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new 5-star- hotel is located in beautiful Montego Bay, Jamaica. Directly on the beach. Elegant colonial design. Water sports galore. Scuba diving. 3 specialty restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, VISIT US, INC. , Booking.com, Orbitz, Prestigia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Iberostar
- Iberostar Rose Hall Jamaica
- Iberostar Jamaica
- Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel Jamaica - Montego Bay