“Have booked 3rd trip” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Winnipeg
“Have booked 3rd trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

January 2014 will be our 3rd consecutive vacation at Rose Hall Beach Hotel. The staff, the building and grounds and the food are absolutely fantastic. We have always encountered courteous staff during our stays. The variety of food is truly mind boggling! Entertainment at the pool during the day, at the beach in the evening and in the theater is very good.
Just found out, after the fact that 2 people from my work just back (Nov 2013). Their response was "we will not be going anywhere else". They were blown away.
So looking forward to our upcoming trip.
If your looking for a fantastic resort and a great vacation, consider Rose Hall Beach Hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. Our second stay was facing the beach.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bmdm
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort wishes to express our gratitude to you for continuously choosing our beautiful Hotel. We are overjoyed to hear that you are already planning your return visit and we look forward to welcome you ‘home’.

Thank you for sharing your marvelous experience and thank you for your loyalty and recommendations. See you soon!

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (885)
  • Polish first
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We travelled here with our two girls aged 7 and 5 for a week in November. My husband and I have travelled extensively but never have we said we would return to a resort. But we will for certain return to this one! The reason...the amazing, pleasant, helpful and kind staff. The staff is the one area that can make a resort stand out and they certainly do here. The best for us was the kids club and their facilitators, Rainbow and Tinkerbell along with the rest of the entertainment team. Iberostar should definately recognize these employees!!

3 Thank Nicole B
SantoValdez, uality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort wishes to express to you our gratitude for choosing our Resort. It is a pleasure knowing you and your family had a wonderful time here with us. We are grateful that our amazing, pleasant and helpful staff were able to ensure that your vacation was great. We will commend our team especially Rainbow and Tinkerbell for the exceptional job they have done. Thank you for sharing the marvelous experience you had and we look forward to extend welcome to you again for your next vacation.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This place is fantastic and far exceeded our expectations. The resort is very large and has great facilities. Food was excellent, and the staff were so totally warm and friendly, we couldn't have felt more welcome! Had Oceanview rooms, which faced the great beach, right next to Tony's place on the beach. The first night beach party was a blast, and we joined in the contests and dances and had such fun. Check out was a breeze and the facilities were open to us right until our shuttle bus picked us up for our late day flight. I was there with three of my buddies, but the place is still great for families and couples and whatever kind of trip you have in mind. Oh, and don't get concerned about tipping expectations, some people did, but even if you didn't no problem at all maan! Going to back next year for sure.

Room Tip: we chose an Oceanview room, but I think they are all great
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Steve L
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your last vacation. We are delighted to hear that your expectations were exceeded by far. We are thankful that the excellent services offered by our warm and friendly staff were thoroughly enjoyed. Thanks to you as well for taking the time to share your amazing experience; it is highly appreciated. We are overjoyed to hear that you will visit again next year and we look forward to extend welcome to you on your return visit! Thanks!

Miller Place, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

First off, Jamaican's are my favorite hosts. I have been 3 times and haven't met an unkind one until this trip. The front desk at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach were less than helpful, unfriendly and completely unwilling to help their guests.

My shower pressure wasn't working. I called several times and I got the same response, "we are working on it". The entire trip I had no shower. My tv wasn't working and the first call I got, "we will send someone" who never showed. The same with the safe in the room.

The pool bartenders were never smiling, never conversing with the guests and practically ignored you while you were standing there for over 5mins.

The dining hall servers were not friendly either. They never smiled.

The pool waitresses came back with your drink sometimes over 30mins!

The entertainment staff was just ok, they were bubbly but they were unable to get the guests to engage. However, they did put on some great evening shows.

I have heard the Iberostar Suites were a better place to stay as well as the Adults only hotel.
I have heard good things about Iberostar franchise in other countries but I am not impressed.

I got a great deal but that's where it ends.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank RDMCALONIE
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. We are remorseful to hear that your experience with the staff was such a disappointment; our staff are regarded very highly for being very helpful, friendly and polite. However your experience described was otherwise therefore kindly accept our humble apologies. We work diligently each day to ensure our guests are happy therefore once an error is reported we work urgently to correct it, if the response time was inappropriate in assisting you then we are truly sorry for the inconvenience caused. We appreciate very much your feedback and we will do our utmost to improve where necessary.

Iberostar is committed to offering excellent services and as such we hope your perception was not tarnished. We will remain hopeful that you will visit again and rediscover Iberostar Rose Hall Beach and the excellent services offered by our dedicated staff. Thank you.

Winter Park, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

A friend of mine got married here and it was beautiful. I shared a room with a girlfriend of mine and it was a really relaxing vacation.

Staff: I was initially a little bit worried because of some of the reviews about rude front desk staff but I really think it is just a different culture where no one is in that big of a hurry. Coming from the US we aren't used to that and it was actually a little refreshing to just sit back and not have to be rushing for everything. I found all of the staff very friendly and helpful and sometimes a little bit slow but hey you're on vacation...slow down a little.

Food: The buffet had a lot of variety and was pretty good. Just like any buffet some items are better than others. I am a really picky eater and I never walked away hungry. The Japanese restaurant was an interesting experience. I would say the food was ok. It wasn't as good as a hibachi restaurant that I normally go to but the show was fun. The Cajun restaurant was pretty good but I got the blackened grouper and dirty rice. I heard the jambalaya wasn't that great. Uncle Tony's steakhouse was ok as well. I personally preferred the buffet to the restaurants. Because we shade for 7 nights we were entitled to 3 reservations for the restaurants but if you check with guest services same day you can dinner reservations at the restaurants if there is space and it not count against your 3 reservations allotment.

Drinks: All drinks were included in the all-inclusive except specialty bottles of wine at the restaurants. My favorite discovery was Rm Cream...AMAZING! A drink that isn't on the menu and was recommended was the Hummingbird..really good.

Room: We had a double room that looked toward the side of the property where you could see the mountains and the water. It was gorgeous. The room was clean and the AC cold. I read some reviews about the AC not working and we didn't have any issues. It does feel kind of damp in the room even with the AC on but it is the tropics, what do you expect? I live in Florida so I guess some of the things that I read that people complained about are no big deal because that is just how it is in hot humid climates. The only thing that was an convenience was the water pressure for the shower because I have a lot of hair. But again, anyone who has stayed at the beach before should know that water pressure is usually an issue. I just used a cup to help rinse my hair.

Beach & Pool: the beach was clean and the water very clear. Because there is a reef just off the coast, the water is very calm at the beach. Perfect for snorkeling, sailing and kayaking which is all free. There were plenty of beach chairs both in the sun and shade and they were super comfortable. Perfect for a beach nap. The pool was beautiful and overlooked the beach. I really like the swim up bar. Three is not a hot tub. The do day free scuba practice in the pool as well as water aerobics and other games.

Transportation: we booked Island Transfer and Tours to get too and from the airport. They were excellent and we felt very safe. I would highly recommend them to anyone but especially girls traveling alone.

I have never been to an all-inclusive or Iberostar hotel before and I would recommend this one. I travel a lot for business and stay in a lot of hotels so this isn't a passive comment. I would look at staying at other Iberostar resorts based in this experience.

Room Tip: The right wing facing the mountains side of the property gives you the best of both worlds if you ar...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Rebekah C
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for selecting our Hotel. We also thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our staff is friendly as well as professional and we are thankful that you were comfortable with the services and treatment received. We are happy the wide variety of food provided and the wonderful drinks, especially the Rum Cream, were thoroughly enjoyed. In regards to the room and the water pressure our heartfelt apologies are extended for any inconvenience encountered. Our maintenance team works assiduously to correct all reported errors as the happiness of each of our valued customers is of utmost important. Thank you for recommending our hotel and once again thanks for making Iberostar your Hotel choice. Thank you!

Dundas, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Couldn't have asked for a better stay other than wanting more time, wonderful staff who took very good care of us. Couldn't believe the food....wow. Would go back in a heart beat. Made you feel special. The beach was beautiful and i think the best part was were we were at iberostar beaches as we walked up past the other two resorts, suites and grand. Only complaint i would have was we were told we could shop at the sister resort and walked there to do so only to be turned away by a girl security guard who told us we couldn't and told us to get of the boardwalk. Made us feel like we were trespassers! We double checked with our hotel when we got back to be told that indeed we could shop there and they drove us over and waited for us to drive us back. To be honest we wouldn't have bothered but we were going to pick up some heel cream from the spa there for my husband as his foot had cracked so being told to get of the boardwalk and walk in the sand was quite painful for him. But iberostar beaches is wonderful, don't bother with the sister resort!

• 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

1 Thank kazt695
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort wishes to extend our gratitude to you for selecting our Hotel. The time taken to share your experience is well appreciated. We are delighted knowing your stay with us was marvelous. Kindly accept our humble apologies for any inconvenience encountered while trying to access our sister property to shop; you are allowed to utilize the shops however you cannot enter from the beach as the security will interpose. However it is the duty of the security to properly explain the protocol, therefore if this was not done we are truly sorry. We are thankful that you did not allow this unfortunate misunderstanding to impede on having a wonderful vacation. Thanks to you again and we look forward to extending welcome to you again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Went with a group of 13 - Ages 16 years - 50 years, friends and family. Had the most relaxing time. The staff is very friendly, food is good, service is good, entertainment is great and drinks are average. Well maintained property, really well maintained.

Room Tip: Wing 2 is better.
2 Thank KrazyKooK1
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort would like to thank you for choosing our Hotel. We are grateful knowing you were able to relax and enjoy the food, the beverages, the entertainment and the excellent services offered. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to the next time we will extend welcome to you, your family and your friends again. Thanks!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
3.5 of 5 stars 5,333 reviews
Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!