“Good value for what I paid”

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Matteson, Illinois
“Good value for what I paid”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I will give this resort a b+ value to what you get very good everyone from the resturant staff to front desk to the housekeeper were cool room was fine only problem was the showerhwad needs to be replaced I have been across the Atlantic and the Pacific (never been to vegas lol) at many resorts but if you want to describe the 3 ibiberostars on property grand (best ) suites (better) and beach as good, good is ok did not attend the nightly activities so I can not rate yeah iberostar rose hall beach is ire mon

• Stayed August 2013
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

The Management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our resort for your last vacation. We are pleased to hear that your time here was enjoyed and we thank you for sharing your review. We are thankful that our dedicated staff assisted you very well thereby allowing you to have a wonderful vacation. Our apologies are extended for any inconvenience caused due to the shower head and for future reference we recommend reporting it while at the hotel so the error can be corrected. Thank you again and we look forward to the next time we will have the privilege to welcome you once more.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (995)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I were there in 2012. We enjoyed it very much.

Food was great at the buffet. Getting a reservation at an 'a la crate' restaurants was a bit of a challenge.

Plenty of drinks. We always left a tip but there was no feeling one had to.

Great entertainment during the day and at night.

The staff was superb. Forgot all the names, sorry :( .

We got an upgrade to a room with a sea view which was nice. Room was clean and serviced well. Mini bar was filled up (almost) every day.

There was an electrical outage in our room one night. After informing the reception an electrician showed up and did not leave until he fixed it. Thanks.

If I would complain about anything that would be only about the weddings. The staff of the next door hotel (also Iberostar) lost their mind a little bit during the weddings. To make the participants and specially the photographers happy they insisted that people would not walk the beach and move away (even in the neighbouring hotel) with their chairs and towels so not to be in the picture. That was a little heavy handed and not to sensitive to other gests. I made an official complain ....but that was it never heard from them.

Also be aware of the organised trips. We went to two. They are nothing more then a shopping trips to stores that obviously look well after the organisers of the excursion.

On the bright side.....there was a splendid disco in one of the 3 hotels of the complex.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wojtek24
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach resort our gratitude is expressed to you for choosing our resort as your vacation destination. Kindly accept our humble apologies if you were inconvenienced in any way because of moving to another location due to a wedding. Generally we want to ensure that couples getting married have privacy for this special event, however we also take into consideration our other guests; therefore if we have to ask someone to move so as to ensure the wedding pictures are perfect, we would do so in a polite and professional manner. Our apologies are also extended if you were inconvenienced in any way due to the electrical error you mentioned; we are grateful that our electrician corrected the fault.

We are grateful that the food, drinks, entertainment and the facility in general were pleasant and enjoyable. Indeed our staff is superb and we are proud the way in which they represents us. Thanks again for taking the time to share your review and we hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again for your next vacation.

Oakland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My daughters (8 and10) and I stayed at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel from July 29 to Aug 5 and had an excellent time! We were greeted with virgin Miami Vice drinks and huge smiles while checking in! Prior to booking I checked Trip Advisor for kid-friendly hotels in Montego Bay and this hotel was in the top 10! The staff and hotel entertainers were great, food was good, rooms were pretty good but my bed was not that comfortable. We really liked the location of our room, next to the pool, which was great with kids. The pool and beach access is what we liked the best! I would highly recommend this resort for families.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank DonnaR1119
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort for your vacation destination and for sharing your wonderful experience. We are pleased that you and your family had a wonderful time here with us. We are happy you loved your room, however we are sorry if the bed inconvenienced you in any way. Our staff is excellent and very committed hence we are proud to have them working with us. We appreciate your recommendation very much and we hope we will have the opportunity to greet you again with huge smiles and more Miami Vice drinks.

Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family just returned from our vacation at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort. We had a great time. The resort was beautiful, very clean and well maintained. It is a gated resort with two other hotels so we felt very safe. Our rooms were on the side of the building and we had a nice view of the ocean and the mountains. The rooms were very clean and quite. We like to spend a lot of time on the beach and it was GREAT. They clean it every morning, the water clear with a small reef you can snorkel to from the beach. I enjoyed having trees on the beach for shade. The pool was a refreshing break from the beach especially the swim up bar. The bar staff through out the resort did a fantastic job at remembering your drink and also making speciality drinks for us. we all enjoyed the entertainment staff and the hard work they put in every day. The food and service was good for an all inclusive resort. I would recommend this resort and will return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank phiddy
Dear Guest,

The Management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort wishes to express our gratitude to you for choosing our resort. We thank you as well for taking the time to share your review. We are thrilled to hear that you had a great vacation. We are happy you loved your room and that you enjoyed the hotel facilities in general. Our bartenders are excellent offering a high level of service and we are pleased you were able to enjoy it. We look forward to the next time you will visit us again, as it will be our pleasure to welcome you once more!

Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was hesitant to book a vacation in Jamaica, as friends and colleagues had said the people were rude. My wife however insisted that she wanted to go to Jamaica, so it was settled. I checked on Tripadvisor and based upon the descriptions there booked the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort.
Excellent choice. The hotel is a little tired but kept very clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. A great 4 star property with excellent food, drinks, and beach. I would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OntarioPilot
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. We are overjoyed that you have seen for yourself that people are friendly helpful in Jamaica. It brings us great pleasure that you were able to enjoy a pleasant vacation. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to the next time we will have the privilege to welcome you and your wife again.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Okay so I am just going to lay down all the different parts of the hotel and the pros and cons, I recently had travelled here with my boyfriend and had an amazing time in Jamaica:

Hotel entertainers/ Staff
-very welcoming, as soon as we arrived and were checked in the lady helping us at the front desk was very friendly, and we even had yummy welcoming coctails
-entertainment staff were very fun to be around and very welcoming, especially tootsie roll and sunshine, although I do feel the night time shows did lack from other resorts I had been too

Hotel Room:
-very clean and well kept, had a great view of the ocean I believe every room does
-bed sheets always felt a little damp which was unfortunate

Pool
-the pool was perfect, swim up bar was great and loved how it overlooked the ocean

-food was okay, there was always something for me to eat
-the jerk chicken was amazing
-unfortunately the seafood lacked, which was odd because we were on an island

Beach
-beach was okay, the sand did not seem upkept alot of seaweed and leaves I have been to better beaches as to say

Night club
-nightclub located at the iberostar suites was amazing, loved the music and could not stop dancing

Excurstions
-my tip is to go to the cool runnings trip , was a great time including the dunn's falls, snorkling, and drinking on a yacht

Overall I had a great time due to the welcoming staff, will defenately go back to Jamaica one day!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Samantha M
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. The time taken to share your review is also well appreciated and as such our gratitude is extended once more. Please accept our humble apologies for any inconvenience encountered during your stay. We use dehumidifiers if the guest notice a stronger humidity level in the room, which would have to be reported to us in order to organize it. As it relates to seafood this is available in different selections each day, however if you felt more was needed we appreciate your observation and our apologies are extended for any inconvenience caused. Our landscaping team is always cleaning the beach to ensure the area is up to standard, we do our best to remove as much seaweed as we can, nevertheless as this is natural it is not plausible for us to remove it completely.

We are grateful that you enjoyed our well-kept room with the wonderful view, the pool, the food especially the jerk chicken, the night club and the excellent service provided by our entertainers. We will commend our staff for the exception services they have offered. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed from August 25-Sept 1 from Toronto. I just arrived home yesterday and I must say I have the vacation blues. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach was such a pleasant experience, not perfect but I don't let little things ruin my vacation. Prior to booking I read every review written for the last few months & despite the common complaints I still wanted to try out this resort as I went to an Iberostar in Punta Cana and I really enjoyed it.

CHECK-IN: Although this trip was fantastic, we did not get a good first-impression of the staff(I was expecting this according to the reviews). We arrived to the hotel at 2:00PM, Check-in was at 3 so we were told by the female working at the lobby to go and have lunch and be back for 3PM which is understandable. She was a little rude but I just brushed it off. We returned at 3 and were told the room will be ready in 6 minutes because they just mopped the floor. So we waited and then tried checking in again and he said it still wasn't ready..come back in 15 mins... they were calling the room to see if the cleaning staff was there and they were just laughing on the phone with the staff on the other line. This was rude and unprofessional. Then he said wait 20 minutes he didn't know why the room was taking long. Everyone else had their room & we were still waiting tired from our flight we just wanted to go and unpack. 4o clock rolls around I said I want to speak to the supervisor asap. Magically they found us a new room and we were ready to go. The bell hop wanted to take us up but I was so irritated I took the keys and we took ourselves to our room. We tried getting our room keys 4 times in total.

ROOM: We were happy with our room on the 5th floor, ocean view. (we did not pay for ocean view but perhaps they were trying to make it up to us) It was so beautiful to see the ocean when we woke up every morning. There was no moldy smell as I've read reviews about. The air conditioning worked perfectly, we were nice and bundled under the covers - we had the best sleeps. The bathroom was big and up to date. I didn't find the rooms to be dated at all - you are in the carribean! I don't expect the rooms to be fit for a king. As long as it is CLEAN (which it was) & that Im able to get a good sleep- then that's all that matters, I don't pay for vacation to sit in the room all day. The shower pressure was strong, no complaints there. Always use the safe for your valuable items. Our room was 1402.

FOOD - Amazing. Absolutely amazing. I probably gained 5 pounds because I wanted to try everything. Such a big variety of all kinds of foods that were never tiring. You MUST try out all 3 A La Carte's. Cajun was delicious, the Steakhouse had huge mouthwatering steaks and our favourite was the Samurai (Japanese) - we ended up doing that one on our last night and it was the perfect end to our vacation. I wasn't thrilled on going at first because Japanese isn't really my first choice but Im so happy I did. Uncle Tony's snack bar is located by the beach, if you miss the buffet then you can always go and get food there. They have burgers, chicken, hot dogs, salads, nachos, cheese, bread, fruit and dessert

BEACH - We spent a few days by the beach, before going to Jamaica I was told you don't go for the beaches.. this is true. There are fruit trees along the beach which is something I haven't seen, it gives a lot of shade but there are also a lot of sunny areas too. It did seem a little dirty, I saw staff raking up the fallen leaves from the trees but it did seem like a lot to keep up with. This isn't something that really bothers me. I enjoyed going into the ocean anyway. There were a few small tiny fish at times swimming around and the seaweed starts about 20 feet out from the shore. No waves. Opposite of the volleyball net there are huts (infront of the pathway to Uncle Tonys) with beach chairs that we enjoyed spending our time.

POOL - the infinity pool was always warm (like the ocean) and never freezing which was lovely. Aquatics in the pool every morning with other games as well. Bob Marley & Reggae music which contributed to the Jamaican feel. There were always pool chairs available which was nice, we didn't have to worry about waking up too early to grab a chair. The pool bar staff was always fun and made sure to take care of us. We spent a lot of our time by the pool

STAFF- Staff (other than lobby) were wonderful! We were always greeted when staff walked by us, doors always held open, "You good?" is something you'll hear a lot which is how they ask if you would like anything, at the pool and beach staff came around to see if you wanted a drink. There was a woman working during breakfast and lunch who always attended to us I wish I remembered her name. Everyday she was so sweet and kind and took care of us. She works in the section across from the bar. Staff at this hotel were impeccable. I hope this never changes. They truly made our vacation experience a great one. Cant forget to mention the Star Friends who brought energy and excitement into every day (Tootsie Roll, Lava Child, Sunshine, Thunder - cant forget the HOST of the show! (the Mexican man!)

WEATHER- Everyday around 130PM it got very cloudy, we didn't mind because we were out in the sun from 9 in the morning. there was still plenty of sun. it rained quite a few days during the week we were there but again it happens and there was always entertainment so you wouldn't be bored.

EXTRAS- The hotel offers a complimentary bus shuttle to Shoppes on Rose Hall. I recommend this entirely especially if its a rainy afternoon. Its only 5 minutes away and it is exclusively for tourists. Its a lovely little shopping plaza with a variety of things (Jewelry stores, craft shops, souvenir shops, clothing, shoes, cigar, coffee, and a sports bar) bargain, bargain, bargain!

Lobby bar is the best bar! go to Kevin. He is wonderful and we kept going back to him because he was so kind and entertaining. If you ever ask the bartenders to make you a drink when you cant decide - always expect rum!
You can go to the Suites club, casino, and shops but no where else on the other resorts

We did the free scuba diving (awesome experience) & free kayaking. Im happy they had free water activities because this made us try new things. Usually in other hotels these come with a price - take advantage!
We did a CHUKKA excursion - ATV Safari - highly recommend if you're up for an adventure.

Overall this was a fantastic trip. The staff was so hospitable and really want to take care of you. We brought a lot of dollar tips and they never expected - but always appreciated this. They truly made for a big part of this experience. We have never been to Jamaica and we fell in love with their culture and people. We will never forget this place and the wonderful time we had!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Nikandrea f
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

The management and staff of the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our resort. Your detailed review is well appreciated as we are aware that time was invested therefore again we thank you. We are thrilled to hear that your vacation was fantastic overall. This is what we work relentlessly to achieve each day therefore we are overjoyed that the desired result was accomplished. We apologize for any obstacle at check-in, usually they are more efficient but regrettably your experience was otherwise and we are in deep remorse. We are grateful that you had no fault with your room, the food was amazing, you enjoyed the beach and the pool and above all the excellent services provided by our dedicated staffs.

We will commend all our staffs for the exceptional jobs they have done especially the entertainment team for the excitement they brought to each day. We are pleased that even though it rained in the afternoon on some days while you were here this did not hamper your vacation in anyway. We are happy you enjoyed the non-motorized water sport offered and that you also did an excursion offsite; it’s good to have an experience outside of the resort. Thank you again for taking the time to share your wonderful experience. We are happy the memories gained are lasting; if at some point they begin to fade please visit again as it will be our pleasure to welcome you once more!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
3.5 of 5 bubbles 5,848 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!