“I enjoy my stay in iberostar it was fun the service was excellent by dwane chambers he is a good waiter he is so nice service w”

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Food was good people was nice and a good service by dwane chambers u guys need more server like him thanks to my friend they introduce me to iberostar how good am going tel others about it this time am coming with friends and family i enjoy sun the beach even when i went to dun river falls it was fun omg am loving it i have being to jamaica but never to iberostar all over people talking about this hotel when i get back i want to stay more longer

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Britishevabless
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks to you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort. We appreciate very much your review and we are happy you were able to have a wonderful time here with us. We will applauded Dwayne for the excellent job he has done and we are proud to have him working with us. We are thankful you were able to visit and experience the excellent service we offer and we look forward to your return visit with friends and family .

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Write a ReviewReviews (4,493)

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here 3 days as a continuation of 3 days at the Jewel Runaway.
Slept in the Beach side which deserves a 4*. I'm still giving it 5 because what I'm complaining about is minor, but if you can, the Grand and the Suites are definitely better.

First off the positives of the hotel are the immaculate grounds. They have very nice up-to-date amenities at the gym, rooms, pools and beach. It's close to a lot of attractions so for people who don't want to stay all day they also have that option. Food is OK, i'll get back to it later in the review. Loved the drinks, bartenders are very quick and effective yet they take the time to joke around with you. They'll replenish your drink as soon as your glass touches the table before you even need to ask or look for them to order another one. They make sure you're well taken care of. I was in an Ocean Front room which was maybe a bit further out of people walking in the hallways so sleep quality was amazing, didn't wake up once. Pretty sure all rooms had good isolation still.

Now to the negative, we will start with the food. Don't get me wrong, it wasnt bad. It was slightly too salty at some points and what I'm complaining about is that i guess by being an Iberostar hotel, they have to have some kind of standards in food. So it was pretty much the SAME food as I ate when i was at the Iberostar Varadero in Cuba, which isn't normal. They did have a couple more options with some Jamaican typical food but I feel like it wasnt present enough. I guess that by being a Spanish chain they don't have much saying in it. The other negative which will sort of turn in a positive is that after the shows, there's not much to do on the Beaches side. You either walk around the pool tables or the lobby bar, but everything else is dead. You have to go to the Suites (middle) where the club is. Here's the positive for some people; it had more than 50-100 guests in it so obviously a very popular spot. Usually when you go to resort clubs there's 5-15 guests. So definitely a good spot and very busy yet it wasnt hard to get drinks, they manage that part very well somehow.

So again, this hotel deserves a good 5 star even if it's only a 4 and a half i believe, but if you can, try the suites or the grand. For example there was a wedding from Texas and after speaking to both the groom and bride and their respective parents, they really had a great time and a great ceremony but the newlyweds were actually upgrading to another part of the resort for the rest of their trip. Good thinking.

Weddings : Be mindful that the hotel grounds are Grand>Suites>Beaches. It means Grand have access to any property, Suites to their own and Beaches and Beaches can't go anywhere else. Which means that for people planning a wedding, if you want to do it at the Grand, your guests staying at the beaches will need a "day-pass" ($$$) to attend the ceremony.

I would recommend it, however I'm not a 100% sure I would go back. Still a good experience at the hotel and that's why it deserves full credit for the 5* review. Just wasn't for me.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Xavier_Tanya

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort for your vacation destination, we are very grateful. We would also like to extend our gratitude to you for submitting your review. We are thankful that regardless of your minor complains you were still able to relax and enjoy our immaculate grounds and facilities. We are happy to hear that you enjoy the humorous yet efficient service provided by our bartenders. We appreciate you comment about the food and we are aware that each individual needs varies and as such we apologized if the food was not the best for you. The disco is for all 3 resorts therefore this is the entertainment that is provided after the shows each night. Thank you for your recommendation and even though you are not certain as to whether you will return, we look forward to extend our welcome to you again in the future.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is truly a beautiful hotel and the I can definately say that your facility and staff truly made this family trip an exciting an memorable stay. I've lodged in numerous hotels worldwide and must stay that the hospitality demonstrated by the waiters / servers truly made a difference. I personally want to thank Dwane for his hospitality. The food was delicious and more so, there was an variety of dishes to choose from, from European to Caribbean cuisine. All I can say, is the food was awesome :-). The entertainment team were awesome, we never a had dull moment while on vacation. The nightly shows were entertaining to say the least. I most say, I truly enjoyed the watersports that were available. If I had any complaints, it would be the cost of wifi, but that in itself wasn't a show stopper. Because once we got into enjoying our vacation, the internet was the last thing on our mind..lol. Overall, we had a wonderful time and Iberostar will definately be the place I stay on my next visit Jamaica. I'll plan for the Suites, next time :-)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Judith R

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort for your vacation destination. We appreciate very much the time taken to share your review and as such our deepest gratitude is extended to you. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time here with us. You are correct our wonderful staffs are truly valuable to the success of our resort and we are honored to have them working us. We are thankful that you enjoyed our awesome food, entertainment and water sports. We are currently working to improve the Wi-Fi service we offer however it is a work in progress. Thanks you once more and we look forward to your return visit whether at Iberostar Beach or Suites; it will be our pleasure to welcome you!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed 7 nights at the Rose Hall Beach with our family of four (children 8 & 9).

PROS:
Great location convenient to airport. Felt secure on the beach.

Though the beach and pool areas could get pretty crowded, we were still able to find chairs.

The animation staff was very talented and a lot of fun.

The kids's club staff were exceptionally kind and inviting with our kids. Very sweet!

The Japanese and Cajun restaurants were fabulous, and they were happy to make changes to accomodate our kids.

The pirate beach party was an absolute blast.

There is always access to an abundance of food, and we quickly found Uncle Tony's to be our preference over the main buffet. Great staff there and plenty to choose from without being crowded and overwhelming.

The main buffet offers a juice bar at breakfast. It was a pleasant surprise to get my fruit and veggie juices at the resort!

CONS:

The smell: the rooms are clean, but they have a very dank, musty smell at never went away.

The pool. Though the description says there is a kids pool, it is a tiny little splash pool that is part of the kids club. The main pool at RHB is beautiful and fun for the adults, but it got boring for the kids, particularly our smaller one who could not touch in 95% of the pool. We did not realize until we arrived that the iberostar Suites next door offered an awesome pool for kids in addition to the regular pool and lazy river.

Kids club: they post scheduled activities and talk up the plans they have, but then things had a way of changing so that most of what they did was watch movies. Talking our kids into going so we could have a few hours by ourselves was tricky enough, but then for them to be disappointed when things fell through.... We just wished they would have followed through!

Buffet: the food is plentiful but mostly just adequate.

Resort access: turns out that the other two Iberostar resorts on the property could all come to RHB for the amenities, but RHB guests can't go there. In fact, we were twice sternly redirected by security guards when we got too close to the other hotels. But the guests there were welcome to come crowd our pool bar and nightly shows!

We had a lovely vacation and overall it is a decent place, but we wished we had spent a bit more to stay at the Suites instead. We have heard that Iberostars are great, but I am not sure we would choose one again. Compared to all inclusives we have stayed at in Mexico and Dominican Republic, we were a bit disappointed.

If you are looking for a great destination at a great value for your family, we would recommend the Majestic in Punta Cana, DR instead.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jennifer M

Dear Guest,

The Management and staff of the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort would like to thank you and family for choosing our resort. We would also like to thank you for taking the time out to share your review. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy the entertainment provided by our talented star friends and the abundance of food provided by our kitchen team. Kindly accept our sincerest of apologies for any inconveniences that you may have encountered during your stay. Our housekeepers are very dedicated and our rooms are well maintained, therefore we are sorry if your vacation was hindered due to the smell you described. We appreciate your comments and we will work towards improvement where necessary in order to advance. As it relates to the resort access this is our policy and I am truly sorry if you were inconvenience due to this. We are grateful that overall you had a lovely vacation and we hope that your perception of Iberostar was not tarnished. Again our heartfelt apologies are extended and we anticipation the next time we will have the privilege to welcome you again.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This hotel is something to really talk about. The entertainment was great because of the Star Friends especially Amar (Tutsiroll),Patrick (Lemonhead),Marlando(Smiley), and Raphael. The hotel had activities though out the day for all ages like vollyball, pool aerobics and more. The food was very good especially in Samuria (Japanese Restutaunt) and Little River(Buffet). Everyone was pleasant but two worker from Little River stuck out ; Travis and Cassandra. The hotel's grounds are small but convenient. Their is pier and past it are all local shops you can go over too. They are some people over there that are extremely pushy but most of them are not. But alot of them offer marajuana to teens and adults but not on the Iberostar grounds or apart of the Iberostar but its on the other side of the hotel and you go at your own risk.Everything in the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel was nice and I'm looking forward to going back there. I felt like I was at home. This had to be my favorite vacation yet and I have been going to other countries for 6 years now. Everyone should try to go atleast once.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest,

The Management and staff of the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort would like to express our gratitude to you for choosing our resort. It brings us great pleasure to hear that you had a wonderful vacation; enjoying the entertainment, the food and the hotel facilities in general. Each day we work assiduously to ensure our guests are pleased with the services they received and as such we are overjoyed we have accomplished this with you. We will applauded the staffs for doing such an excellent job, especially those mentioned by names. Thank you for sharing your wonderful review and we look forward to next time we will be able to welcome you.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

FIRST TIP: DON'T LET NEGATIVE PEOPLE RUIN AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A GREAT VACATION! Some people just have to be negative and critical about things, don't listen to their reviews!

That said, here's a summary for you:

FOOD: We have stayed in probably a dozen all-inclusives, and I have to say the food here was truly the best we have experienced. The variety in cuisine was fantastic and the quality was represented across the board. You can tell the chefs take pride in their cooking. From local fare to international, I did not have a bad meal. We ate at Samurai and Jambalaya as well, and both were good. Samurai is hibachi, so don't expect much more. Jambalaya is creole cuisine and was very impressive. Room service was.....room service.

SERVICE: If you know anything about international travel, you know that you get back what you give out. If you go with attitude, you will get attitude in return. We have found Jamaican workers to be the friendliest, most positive of anywhere in the Caribbean. They at least act like they enjoy what they are doing and will go out of their way to take care of you and make you feel at ease. The people love their culture and really want you to take part in it. In every interaction I had with staff, there was nothing but positive results. We had no issues whatsoever.

ROOM: Big enough and comfortable, easy layout. Good sized bathroom as well with a fun doorless shower. The biggest challenge was temperature control, but I have to echo other reviews - keep the door between the room and bathroom closed and shades drawn and your room will stay plenty cool. Using the bathroom definitely heats things up, but you're in Jamaica, man, get over it! The room was overall clean. The toilet was a little awkward as it was quite low to the floor - I don't know if that was unique to our room or not. We had a fantastic view of the beach and ocean two floors above the main dining room. Noise was not an issue, ever, and I slept like a baby. Probably because of the rum.

DRINKS: Good selection of name brand booze and bartenders happy to take care of you, as long as you don't get stupid. Ask for a shot of Appletons on top of your Miami Vice and you'll be doing ok!

GROUNDS: Quite beautiful, you feel like you are in a Spanish palace. There are (some) cats, but I was never annoyed by them, and I despise cats. Travel between the resorts was easy on a golf cart...they will take you where you want to go. If you find my shirt at the dance club, please return it!

Overall, this was a great resort for the money, and we will most likely stay again. We have dropped twice as much at nearby resorts in the past, and honestly I have no reason to in the future knowing we can stay here. My advice: book it, love it, and chill out.

Room Tip: Like other reviews have stated, every room has a view. We paid for oceanfront, and in hindsight I p...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank JoeandRebecca
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you for choosing our resort for your vacation. Our highest regards are also extended to you for sharing your review. We are overjoyed knowing that your vacation was fantastic and that you were able to relax and enjoy to the fullest. Our chefs are true professionals and yes they do take pride in preparing the meals likewise we have staffs who enjoys doing their job and as a result the service offered by them is of the highest standard. We are very pleased with the result we have achieved base on your review and we look forward to the next time you will return; maybe then you will find your shirt! Your recommendation is highly appreciated and once more we wish to express our deepest gratitude to you for sharing such a wonderful review. We anticipate the next time we will have the privilege to ensure you have a fantastic vacation.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Iberostar Rose Hall Montego Bay Jamaica is a classy and comfortable resort with a prime location. (There is so much history here; be sure to learn about the story of Annie Palmer.) Having stayed here in the late 90's...I was so impressed with the changes and improvements made by Iberostar. Jamaicans are friendly and laid back and the attitude is contagious. The food was delicious and the drinks were creative and colorful. We attended a beautiful wedding at this location in 2012. I was impressed with the quality of the reception! We shall return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank NancyLCarpenter

Dear Guest,

The Management and staff of the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. We wish to extend our gratitude to you as well for sharing your review. We are happy to hear that you were able to relax and enjoy the comfort of our classy resort. Jamaicans are genuinely friendly and we are pleased you enjoyed the services provided by our wonderful staffs. The history is amazing indeed; to learn about Annie Palmer is quite intriguing. We are grateful you enjoyed our delicious food and creative drinks as well and we look forward to your return!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!