I've traveled all over the world and I've stayed at hotels ranging from Holiday Inn to Ritz Carlton. The RHB is in the middle. (1) Food - First of all, when you stay at an all inclusive, you're gambling on the quality of the food...if it's bad, your trip is ruined. Let me say this about RHB - the food was fantastic. I'm a bit of a food snob and I never eat at buffet restaurants. Don't be afraid of the "buffet" style restaurant at this resort. Most of it is cooked at stations as you wait and there are so many different items from which to choose. If you leave hungry, it's your own fault. The quality of the food is above and beyond what I expected. It's replaced frequently and it's very fresh. The fruit selection is amazing. Don't worry about making reservations in the individual restaurants - the buffet is better. Make sure you don't miss lobster night. btw- My husband gained five pounds in five days. It's really that good.
(2) Grounds - The staff works diligently at keeping the resort, pool, beach & grounds clean. They really take pride in the property. Do not expect white, fluffy sand & clear water. The sand is packed & brown & rocky and the water is full of seaweed. WiFi situation is ridiculous...barely worked and had to pay by the 1/2 hour.
(3) Drinks - Lounge Bar is the best. Very nice atmosphere at night & champagne in the morning. Other bars - if you want a stronger drink, just ask for two shots of liquor. No problem, mon.
(4) Staff - Excellent. Helpful. Polite.
(5) Room - I had three OceanFRONT suites. Don't spend the extra $$ for this. Every room has a beautiful view and I booked this category b/c I thought I would be ON the beach. Not so -- totally misled by my travel agent. The A/C unit in one room didn't work properly. They tried to fix it, but it never worked right. It did cool off at night, but it was hot, humid & musty during the day. The other two rooms were fine.
Overall, I would recommend the resort if you really want to stay in Montego Bay. However, if you've never been to Jamaica - you really need to go to Negril and stay on 7 mile beach. There's just no comparison.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new 5-star- hotel is located in beautiful Montego Bay, Jamaica. Directly on the beach. Elegant colonial design. Water sports galore. Scuba diving. 3 specialty restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, VISIT US, INC. , Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Iberostar
- Iberostar Rose Hall Jamaica
- Iberostar Jamaica
- Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel Jamaica - Montego Bay