“Suggestions for management.”

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 12, 2013

1. Turn down the volume of Star Friends microphone! This is way way too loud you can hear it too loud even on the beach nevermind right beside those at the pool!! It's uncomfortable.

2. Please please play more REGGAE music during the day like Bob Marley. People are in Jamaica to RELAX and enjoy the atmosphere and culture not listen to too loud "dance/pop music" -save that for the disco please. This may also calm the out of control rowdy drunks at the pool bar-remember there are children.

3. Please have managers walk around more and interact with the guests especially during meal times in the buffet and around the pool and beach during the day.

4. How about serving fresh coconut water right out of the coconuts at the beach bar!

I hope you will consider these changes be implemented right away.
If these things were added this hotel would be perfect.

4  Thank Todd N
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort for your vacation destination. The opinion of each of our guest is very important, therefore we appreciate very much your suggestions. We will pass your comments/suggestions to the relevant departments and we will work towards improvement where necessary. We would also like to apologized if your vacation was inconvenienced in any way due to the experience described. We hope your perception of the hotel was not smeared and we sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you here again sometime in the future.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Write a ReviewReviews (4,544)

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Before visiting this hotel I called to check the availability as I wanted to book for a weekend. When I contacted the hotel i told the rep i wanted to check the availability and possibly book now for a weekend, she jumped at me to say "we are fully booked Miss" i then said to her fully booked for what? You didnt even ask which weekend i was enquiring about. She asked which weekend but i told her to forget it i wont bother. It was during a time where there was a reggae show in the area so they were booked the weekend i was calling but not for the one i was enquiring about. This left a BAD taste in my mouth!
Unfortunately I had to stay there this weekend for work purposes. Arriving at the hotel at about 4.15am my colleague went to check us in at the front desk. Tired and desperatly needing somewhere to rest my head i went over to sit in an area i figured was ok for me to sit. Shortly after a security guard named Angella came to ask if i am a guest here i told her i was i was being checked in, she didnt say goodmorning nor excuse me as i was there talking with some1....she walked away..seconds later another guard approached me and said i need to go by the desk if i'm being checked in..,i said ok and headed for the desk only to hear my colleague asking Angella if that's how they treat customers. She was there saying so what? So what? As she just walked up to him with attitude and asked what he is doing here. She was very rude and disrespectful... We asked for a manager to report the matter and were told none was on duty at the time. She walked away from the grumbling.. We tried to get information from front desk but the person on duty didn't seem to know anything really.
After checking we were told we could visit an cajun restaurant where we could get some food , we headed there, got pizza, ate and went to our rooms. The following morning we called to information desk and spoke to Sandrene who was just as rude as Angella who we had to report after we spoke with the manager on duty who seemed to be the only person who knew what she was doing.
I honestly think that if we were of different skin colour we really would not have been treated that way. That should never be the case as I am sure that it does not matter if you are black, white, yellow or pink, based on your reservation you would pay the same money, maybe in different currencies but the equivalent is the same. And so I thought when i made the first call to the hotel to check booking availability. Probably if i had an accent i would have been treated better.
I think the management here really need to look into matters that surrounds their facility as this does not "look good" for their business. They need to look at the employees and work ethics as they are the ones that interact with customers on a daily basis and need to make sure that what they do...is in the best interest of the customer. I will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
7  Thank Kerrii-Kae R
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach for your vacation destination. We are truly sorry to hear that your stay was such a disappointment. We are aware that it is extremely important to ensure that all our guest feels welcome and appreciated whenever they call or visit our hotel. The success of any business is vastly dependent on how the customers are treated, hence we would like to advised you that the experience you described is most definitely NOT what the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach represents or tolerate. We are deeply sadden to hear about the experience you had and we wish to extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences. The security guards are at the Resort to ensure that our guests are safe and can relax and enjoy their vacation. They would also enquire the reason to be on property if you are without an armband, as it is standard procedure to proceed to reception for check-in once you arrive. However it is also required for all our staffs to be polite and professional, thus it is customary to offer salutation firstly once approaching a guest.

Here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort all our guest are equal regardless of their appearance, thus we offer the same level of professionalism and excellent customer service. We thank you for taking the time out to share your review and we will take corrective measures to improve so as not to have a repeat of the experience you describe. Our apologies are also extended once more and we hope you will reconsider and visit again thereby giving us the opportunity to allow you to rediscover our beautiful property in a new light.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at this resort the week of April 20-27, 2013

We absolutely loved it! The experience was amazing. We where treated great from the moment we got there. Checking in was fast and easy. Went straight to our room and beach! I love that they serve you drinks on the beach. We have been to other resorts that theres only one bar on the beach and you have to line up and it takes forever to get a drink. While yes there is only one bar on the beach there was never a long wait to get a drink and the ladies on the beach where always around bringing you what ever you wanted

The entertainment staff was such a good time getting everyone involved in games and events having a good time. The pool was definitely the place to be in the afternoon. The music was awesome although by the end of the week I was definitely sick of the Harlem shake because they played it and did a dance to it every day. The pool was hopping and it was such a good time. WE had 41 people with us and we all had a blast in the pool every day. WE met a lot of people there too and had a great time.

The Food was great. We had absolutely no complaints about the food. It was delicious. Once of the best buffets we have had at a resort with the except of staying at the Grand. The al a carts where amazing and they let you pick anything you wanted. If you wanted 2 of anything they would bring it to you. The Cajan Restaurant was definitely my favour. I assumed that because it was the Cajun restaurant things would be spicy but they weren't really Some stuff was but it was labeled pretty good. The steak there was amazing (I actually liked it better than the steak house) and the double baked potato was amazing. Even if you don't get the steak...ask for the Potato that goes with the steak trust me you will NOT BE SORRY.! my one complaint was the steak house the steak there wasn't that good and my Rare was like medium well. Room service was pretty fast. We ordered pizza to our room one day and it got there in 30 minutes. We had previously stayed at the Grand Bahia and we ordered room service and they where definitely on Jamaica time took them 3 hours to get us room service. That was one thing I really liked about this resort no one was on "Jamaica time" the service was quality and fast.

The disco was good but I found that they played almost the same playlist every night. They really need to mix it up so on the 3rd ngiht there we started making a ton of requests to try and get them to mix things up. Which they did but otherwise the playlist is really similar

At night We always went to the cigar bar for a Cigar and Espressio and a drink or two. We loved the bartender there Roseann she's amazing and if you ever go ask for the Roseanne special it goes great with a cigar. The cigars are a little more expensive than what u can get off the resort but that's true for anywhere.

Our wedding. The wedding was amazing and it was everything I could have asked for. Before we left we where slightly worried because sometimes its hard to tell if your on the same page with the wedding coordinator. She gives you vague answers sometimes and you realize why when you get there. The week that we where there she had a wedding everyday except 1. So not only is she doing the wedding that day but shes meeting with the people for the wedding the following day and on top of that trying to answer your emails. Don't worry if she doesn't answer your emails to the fullest. I got most of my answers from the facebook page for Iberostar brides....When you get there the Wedding coordinator meets you at the front desk. She then said she would meet with us the next day. The next day we sat down for an hour and went over everything that we wanted. The day after that we did the walk through of the wedding. We got married on our 3rd day there. IT was amazing and they did everything we wanted! I brought music to paly during the ceremony and it was played perfectly. WE had a private reception at the Cajan restaurant and everything was done beautifully. The wedding Coordinator even added things to the tables that I did not bring. I did not bring centre pieces or tea lights but she added them. WE had a DJ for the night I had previously sent him a list and he did a great job of mixing it! It was flawless and seamless and we all had a great time!

We absolutely loved our stay here an would go again in a heartbeat. The beach resort in great, however if you have kids I suggest going to the suites. The beach resorts defenitly the party resort. I originally wanted to get married at the suites and was really glad that we didn't when we got there because when we went to check out the suites there was a lot of kids and I think unless you have kids you really don't want that on your vacation. I much preferred being at the party hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank michysmichy
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management and staff of the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort we would like to express our gratitude to you for choosing our hotel for your vacation destination. We are thrilled to know that you were able to have such a wonderful time here with us. Our entertainment staffs are very upbeat and do their very best to ensure each of our guest are entertained, whilst ensuring that they are not too strident. Our chef will be happy knowing that you have “absolutely no complaints” about the food; we are happy you tried all our restaurants and you were able to enjoy a selection from each. Weddings are extremely special and we are delighted to know that you had a fabulous one. Our wedding coordinators are very dedicated hence they work very hard to ensure that each bride and groom day is very memorable.

We appreciate your comment about the steak at the Steakhouse and we will communicate same to our chef. We will also pass your comment to our entertainment department and we will see how best they can mix it up! Thanks to you for taking the time to share your review, it is well appreciated. We look forward to next time we will have the opportunity to welcome you here again.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We have been back 1 week and boy we want to go back right now! Stayed here for only a week between 25th may - 1st June (during half term) with my fiancee and 21 month old son. We had done our research and read alot of reviews on this hotel and for the price that we got it at, thought that we had a bargain. Boy we weren't disappointed!

When we arrived after a 9.30 hour flight from Manchester we were greeted by schwa on reception who was extremely informative and very helpful along with a complimentary cocktail. He upgraded us to a sea and pool view room FOC due to a special occasion while in resort.

Room was spacious and extremely clean throughout our whole stay and cleaned every day. The bed was sooooo comfortable and some mornings we didn't want to get out of it!

The food for an all inclusive was very good and probably one of the best all inclusive for food and drink that we have been too. (Premium drinks available including Jim Bean, Southern Comfort and Smirnoff Vodka) The 3 restaurants that were bookable via guest services were different and of a high standard. Cajun was our favorite! (all 3 where free during your stay)

A Special mention to Stephen at the swim up pool bar who gave us what we wanted at any time during the day. At any bar in the hotel we didn't have to wait longer than 5 minutes for a drink and there was no pushing or shoving for a drink either which was nice and if the drinks weren't strong enough then they wouldn't be shy to top up! Shots, cocktails or just long drinks were no problem for him or the other bar staff. FANTASTIC!

The Hotel cleanliness was spotless and the gardens were extremely well kept.
Beach was right there and always sunbeds available.

Our boy was loved buy almost everyone that meet him and there was a great mix of Canadian, Americans and British couples and family's with a good atmosphere around the pool.
Kids club was inside the hotel and had plenty of activities for the kids, even giving them popcorn, movies and games consoles to eat and play on as much as they wanted - Anika was fantastic with them.
A special mention to the animation team with lemon-head and Amar being the starts of the show for us. Always playing a wide variety of games both around the pool and on the beach throughout the day.

Overall we found it extremely difficult to fault this hotel. If we go back to Jamaica we will not hesitate to pick this hotel again. close to the airport 15 mins away on one straight road, with good weather and good selection of food and drink!

Thank you again and if you have any other questions or want to ask a specific question then please feel free to reply.

1  Thank Iain M

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort would like to thank you and family for choosing our hotel for your vacation destination. Our gratitude is also express to you for taking the time out to share your wonderful review. We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful vacation here with us. We are pleased to know that you were able to relax and enjoy the beauty and cleanliness of our property. Vacations are intended for relaxation and our staff do their utmost daily to contribute as best as possible to ensure this is achieve. We are grateful that our staff was able to make your vacation fantastic! We are really proud of our staffs and we appreciate very much their hard work. Thanks again for sharing your comments, we will pass on commendations to our staffs, especially those mentioned by name. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Jamaica.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband & I were at the Rose Hall Beach from May 24 to May 31. I have to admit I was a little worried with the mixed reviews BUT all we can figure out is the negatives must be from those people that nothing would make them happy! We visited the other 2 Iberostars, The Suites & The Grand & are so happy we chose The Beach. So much fun, lots to do, party atmosphere, & a great time! Check in was painless. Out of all of our vacas this was our fav and weve been to a lot of places. We brought our maid a gift of make up & she took very good care of us the entire week. Bring lots of ones for tipping. More towels, no problem mon, More diet coke no problem mon. We didnt have a need or want our entire week! Let me start by saying Travis our server in the buffet & works at the Steakhouse was the bestest. Desmond at the beach bar & Meyosha the beach server were fantastic. Never went thirsty & I really am missing my "dirty bananas"! Now for the Star Friends OMG they go out of there way to make sure you have a great time. From 10am to 5pm by the pool & beach they never stop & its fun to join in or just sit back & watch. Couldnt ask for a better crew from Smiley, Lightning, Tootsie Roll, Thunder, Lemon Head, Barbie, Angel, Lava Child, & Bootie Girl! They are the bestest & weve made some life long friends! ALL the employees work so very hard at this resort & they are what make it!! The nightly entertainment shows were fun to watch. The beach parties a blast! Missing me some jerk chicken!! The lobby beautiful, the room perfect & clean except I didnt like that you are unable to adjust your AC. We did learn to keep the drapes closed, the inner door shut, & the fan on and it made it a lot cooler.The grounds clean. The beach perfect never didnt have a chair in the sun or shade. The water as warm as a bath, yes there is some seaweed but nothing to ruin your vaca. We were in the water constantly. The pool clean & refreshing altho we are beach people. Dinner reservations were made with ease our first morning. My fav was the Steakhouse. The Buffet good but got tiresome. Its an all inclusive so you know the food is average but we never went hungry. Why 4 stars & not 5 cus of the AC & felt the food could be better. DEF will be back!!! Shout out to Smiley, Tootsie, & Lightning! We Miss you mon!!! Kim & Newt from Ohio

Room Tip: We paid for a standard room & requested the West side of the resort overlooking the pool 4th fl...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank U8431NZkimm

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort for your vacation destination. We are very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful vacation and that you enjoyed our beautiful property. We are very grateful that our wonderful staffs have contributed so much to making your vacation very unforgettable. We are honored to have them in our team, and we will definitely pass on congrats to all especially those mentioned by name. Thank you for communicating the areas/aspects of your vacation you felt we could improve on, your opinion is very important to us as it allows us to strategize improvement. Thank you for taking the time out to post your review it is highly appreciated and will motivate our staffs to continue to contribute their best. We look forward to your return and to providing you with more ‘dirty bananas’!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We were married here site unseen and it truly did not disappoint. Our wedding coordinators Santena and Vanassa were fantastic. There was nothing to worry about and they went above and beyond my expectations. The entire resort staff was excellent-the bartenders are great (andrew at the pool bar in particular), waiters are excellent and the entertainment staff so friendly and upbeat. We even ate lunch with two of the dancers/entertainers (I forget their names) and they were great to socialize with. My only real complaint was the front desk staff--they weren't necessarily unfriendly (except one staff who worked late at night and was nasty to a couple of our guests), but you could tell they had no reason to go above and beyond and we truly felt it was because they were the one group of staff that almost never got tipped.

We did not go on any excursions as we didn't want to leave the beautiful resort and also felt like we had more than enough to do. We were there in May (the rainy season) and we only had one day of rain. It drizzled, so we still used the pool. The weather the rest of the time was gorgeous (and no rain on our wedding day!) and there were not a ton of kids this time of the year, so that was nice too (unless you have kids of your own). Also, this resort is not far from the airport (maybe 15 mins), but it was nice not having another long ride once off the airplane.

We also stayed at the Grand and it was also wonderful, but feel that money-wise the beach is the way to go. It really has everything you could need and we never missed anything until we stayed at the Grand and saw what they had (believe me it was nothing we couldn't have lived without: mini wine bottles in the room, Jacuzzi tub, bath robes, etc.).

To conclude, we will definitely be back to the beach resort. Well worth the money and overall a trip we and our guests will always remember.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
1  Thank amyg12345

Dear Guest,

The management and staff of the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach & Spa Resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for such an extremely special occasion. We are delighted to hear that the wedding coordinators went above and beyond to ensure your day was amazing. We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed the friendliness of our entertainment team and also our excellent bartender. Our staffs are very dedicated and enjoys doing their job. We apologized if your vacation was dampen in anyway and we acknowledged your complaint; staffs are aware that tipping though accepted it is not mandatory. We thank you for taking the time to share your review and we look forward to next time you will be here with us again.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I traveled with my (guy) friend and just returned from my 2nd trip to this resort on 5/28-6/2/13 (the 1st was in July, 2008). I was MORE than impressed, and have NO idea what some of these negative Nellies, Debbie downers are talking about. This resort is the least expensive of the 3 Iberostars; however, it is FAR FROM lacking in fun, friendly staff, and a great overall experience!.
Bottom line: everything we asked for, we received. Extra towels in our room: NO PROBLEM! Callaloo on the menu: NO PROBLEM!. Room above the 1st floor: NO PROBLEM!. Air conditioning too hot- No problem, they came up immediately and looked at it. Mini fridge always stocked: YES. Need more bottled water: NO PROBLEM! Our room: beautiful; clean, and yes, COOL! For those folks who think their a/c is too hot; flip the switch on for the ceiling fan- works great. Our beds were very comfortable; not too hard, not too soft- just right. Bathroom was clean, water was always the right temp; not too hot, not too cold. TV worked fine. Lights worked fine. Balcony was nice.
BUFFET: food was great. Good selection every day & night, especially the egg-white omelets and juice bar-YUM! Freshest of fresh fruit each and every day!! Please feed the kitties on the patio at the buffet; they are so sweet (except the orange one- she's a bit moody).
RESTAURANTS: No Problem getting a reservation. FYI: you DO NOT need not reserve the night before; we reserved ALL reservations for the week the day we arrived.
STAFF: I cannot say enough about the professionalism, their fun attitudes (namely, Tootsi Roll, Lemon Head, Barbie). WONDERFUL people!!
JTL tour desk ladies: Very accommodating.
GUEST SERVICES: extremely nice.
FRONT DESK: cordial, welcoming, professional, friendly. Yeah Mon!
BARTENDERS: Sooo nice and FUN! Tameka in the lobby bar makes a great 'pink drink' that will sneak up on you! The pool bar was equally fun and enjoyable, especially the night of the beach party. Yeah Mon, fo real!!
BEACH: Nice. Good amount of sun, shade from the trees if you want. PLENTY of chairs available.
OCEAN: yes, it is the sea; it does have seaweed. No big deal (for those who like to complain). The water is gorgeous, clear Caribbean, as expected. Went snorkeling; caught a starfish!
POOL: clean, water was great, drinks were flowing nicely all the time, and YES, the RUM is IRIE! You can taste it in each drink. If not, simply ASK for more rum; NO PROBLEM! Try the Purple Rain drink; it's my fave! Oh, and FYI: NO, you will NOT get woken up or KEPT awake by the "loud"? noise coming from the pool area. I have NO idea what that's about. Never a problem the entire time (or the last time), I stayed here.
SPA: The ONLY negative (if you can say that), is the massage was a bit pricey ($137.00 US). I don't pay that much at home, and there are resorts near my home. Therefore, I did not get one this time.
BOTTOM LINE:
Some people just like to complain- do yourself a HUGE favor and PAY NO ATTENTION TO THOSE NEGATIVE REVIEWS!!!! This great resort for the money and if you want to spend more time in your room, or have your teeth flossed for you, find another resort or become a celebrity. Otherwise, keep your demanding demeanor and chronic negativity to yourself about Iberostar Rose Hall Beach- it's great! I KNOW!!!

Room Tip: I prefer a room above the 1st floor, but below the 4th floor. DON'T LISTEN TO NEGATIVITY! All yo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
13  Thank Travelcat214
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

The Management and staff of the Iberostar Star Rose Hall Beach resort would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. Your review is very detailed and no doubt takes time to write, for that we would also like to express our gratitude. It brings us great pleasure to read your review and we are extremely happy to know that you had an amazing vacation. We are grateful that you were able to enjoy your vacation entirely; please to know you enjoyed the food, the beverages, the facilities in general and most importantly the excellent service offered by our valued staffs. Your review is uplifting and we will pass it on to all our employees because together we were able to give you a wonderful vacation. Thank you for outlining in such a detail way your views and experience of the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort. Regrettably, in general spa services here in Jamaica are very expensive, however we will continue to do our best and work hard for a change. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again for your next vacation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!