“Fantastic!”

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had a fabulous stay! The rooms where spacious very clean and comfortable. We had a great view of the pool and the ocean. The food was fabulous, the buffet had such an amazing variety and the Steak house and the Japanese restaurant's were superb. The best thing about the trip besides it was all inclusive was the entertainment team. They kept the excitement going all day and all night. Thunder, Lightning, Smiley, Ebony, and Lava Child you guys are amazing and so much fun. Not only for the kids but for the adults. You made our vacation so much fun.

• Stayed: May 2013
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks to you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Resort and also for posting your review. We are delighted to hear that you had a fabulous stay; vacations are supposed to be that way, hence we have succeeded in giving you the desired result. It is wonderful knowing that you enjoyed the comfort of your room, the fabulous food that was provided in our buffet and our superb a la carte restaurants. Our entertainment team will be motivated by your comments and we are overjoyed knowing that you had a terrific vacation. We look forward to your next visit to have the privilege to give you another fabulous stay!

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Write a ReviewReviews (4,583)

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Absolutely love this place. This is our 2nd time to RHB in the last year. Stayed a week again, May 11-18th. Celebrating our wedding anniversary.

Check in, smooth and easy. Went to Blue Mountain bar to say hello to Sonny. He greeted us like he remember us (not possible, he sees a lot of faces!) but the greeting truly made us feel welcomed! The bar/wait staff at both the Blue Mountain (chris rock!! We thank you!!) and pool/beach bars are hard workers that do their best to make sure you're well refreshed and having a good time.

Room, was HUGE! We had an amazing view of the resort and the ocean. Couldn't have asked for more or better! Champagne was sent to our room for our Anniversary. A very nice touch! Room was kept very clean and tidy by housekeeping. My only tip, is to leave the cabinet door open where the fridge is. This will help keep your drinks cold.

Food is always good and plentiful. Cajun restaurant is still our favorite but only barely edges out the Japanese. Steaks at the Steak restaurant were HUGE and excellent. In the buffet, try the Parmesan cheese. This stuff is amazing. I wish I could find it here in the States.

I know that the management team on resort reads these so let me say this to them. I simply don't know when you sleep. At 8 am when I'm going to breakfast, you're holding the door open for me. At 9 pm when I'm going to dinner, you're showing me to my seat and giving me my menu. Hats off to you. We were once again impressed with your entertainment team (Star Friends and show dancers). We had the chance to have lunch with a couple of dancers and they were a pleasure to get to talk to. I'd like to thank you all for taking such good care of us while we were at your resort again. I was truly sad to leave.

Room Tip: First Floor rooms on pool side could be noisy after 9 am if you're a late sleeper
2  Thank LynnBrooksPrice

Dear Guest,

Thank you for making Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort your number one vacation destination. On behalf of all us here at ‘RHB’ we would also like to express our gratitude to you for sharing your review. It brings us great pleasure to hear that you absolutely love our hotel. Sonny is really great and he really does remember especially when your visits are not years apart.

We are pleased to hear you loved your room and the view as that’s our goal; to ensure you have an absolutely fabulous vacation. Your anniversary is a very special celebration, therefore we have to ensure we recognize the importance and accomplishment of such an occasion. The Cajun is once again the winner for you; it’s good that you eat at each of our restaurants therefore you missed nothing.

Our management time is very dedicated and works very hard to ensure the hotel is constantly evolving and ensuring maximum satisfaction of our guests. Thank you for your comment, we appreciate it very much. Our entertainment team is always upbeat and we are happy to hear you had the pleasure of their services offered. It was our greatest pleasure being able to ensure your vacation was fantastic. We look forward to the next time we will have the opportunity to ensure you have an amazing vacation.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed at iberostar beach club in sept 2012 and found the location, staff, quality of services and food excellent.

Rooms: comfortable, clean, spacious. His and hers basins, tub, shower, robes, mini fridge, living area and great tv.
Quality of food: lots of healthy food options in addition to the regular hotel menus. Flax seed, Greek yogurt, whole wheat options and gluten free options. And everything tasted good.
Kid friendly: the staff and thefacilities are great for kids.
Pools: lots of huge pools, water aerobics and full gyms

Entertainment: fantastic night entertainment, not the typical cheesy fire blowers. Proper singers, dancers and coordinated events.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank a w

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your vacation and we appreciate the time taken to post your review. Happy to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our clean and spacious rooms. We consider the health of each and every one of our guest, hence we provide a selection of foods. We work hard to ensure our entertainment provided are adequate and will be enjoyed by our guests, hence we are grateful to hear it was fantastic for you. Thanks to you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next vacation.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was a last minute, spur of the moment booking for me and my husband to go to the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel. I am the type of person who usually spends weeks meticulously reviewing hotels prior to booking a holiday but on this occasion did not have the time to do so. When I did eventually have a chance to look at reviews on trip advisor, prior to the holiday I started to worry as many of the reviews were very negative. I wish I hadn't read them because I can truly say that I have just had the most wonderful two weeks holiday in this hotel.

Our room was spacious and well equipped, clean and comfortable. Kelly our maid cleaned on a daily basis and maintained the room to a good standard with a plentiful supply of fresh coffee, tea and toiletries, not to mention the wonderful towel art - loved the elephant - thank you Kelly.

There were two infinity pools, one with a Jacuzzi and a swim up bar, it was delightful to spend time gazing over the edge of the infinity pool out into the beautiful clear Caribbean sea. The pool area had plenty of sunbeds available, plenty of shade, pool towels supplied and the area maintained to a very clean standard by the friendly attendant Norman - thank you Norman. The pool bar supplied a huge range of alcoholic and non alcoholic cocktails and if you couldn't find one you liked they would invent one for you! A great deal of fun was had in the pool. Lovene who served around the pool took great care of us ensuring that we always had plenty of ice cold water - She would tell us that she didn't want her honies to dehydrate in the sun - in the most caring and respectful way of course and her Iced tea was good too - Thank you for your care Lovene.

The beach was maintained to a high standard with plenty of chairs available. Two or three times per week there was a BBQ/Paella on the beach and with the steel band playing this was just amazing and had such a lovely atmosphere. The sea was clear and like a warm bath. Snorkelling was fun as there were lots of little fish to see and we often took a bread roll to feed them which was fun. There was a small amount of sea weed but it was small and to be fair it is the sea!

The food at the hotel was very good. The buffet restaurant catered for all tastes and at every meal there was a huge choice of foods, there was always something nice to eat. There were other restaurants that you could book into, a steak house, Japanese and Cajun. We visited the steak house on four occasions because the rib eye just melted in your mouth and the service was impeccable, I need to mention Travis who on all occasions was our server and did so to the highest standards, remembering that we were from London and what we preferred to eat and drink which made us feel very welcome - thank you Travis. The Cajun was nice too, we didn't do the Japanese but other guests said it was good.

The entertainment team worked exceptionally hard around the pool, on the beach and in the evening providing shows in the theatre - which I cannot comment of as by 9/10pm I was pooped and was in my bed.

This hotel was lovely, clean and great fun, anyone who has booked or thinking of booking - You will have a great holiday! The staff are very friendly and cannot do enough to please you. They work so very hard.

The only negative comments I have to say about this holiday for me was the high cost of some of the trips and we would have done more had they not been so expensive, the high costs of goods purchased from the Iberostar shop and taxis if taken from outside the hotel. We did an arranged shopping trip to the hip strip and cultural centre and the shops we were corralled into charged a phenomenal rate - We went to a local supermarket under our own steam, near the Blue Diamond centre and paid half the price for coffee, rum, spirits, rum cakes, jerk sauces the sort of things you may like to take home. It is safe to go out as long as you keep on the main road in the daylight. Yellow buses run frequently and are cheap and safe to use. The Great House of Rose Hall is worth a visit and not far from the hotel.

Really and truly no complaints just a brilliant relaxing time in a beautiful setting with friendly people - what more can you ask for!

Gill D

4  Thank Gillian D
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us in the spur of a moment for your vacation destination. Your review is very detailed making mention of different staffs from various departments, no doubt your precious times was invested; thank you. Reading your review was very uplifting and we are moved to know that you had such a wonderful vacation. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and that Kelly took such wonderful care. You spent your time well, having fun and enjoying the beverages that our great bartenders invented just for you. I am happy to hear that our staff tended to your needs, ensuring you stayed hydrated and also ensuring the surroundings in general was well kept for all our wonderful guests.

It is our pleasure to know that your taste buds were well tantalized and that you received the topnotch service as well provided by Travis and others. We are very proud of our staffs as we are aware they provide exceptional services and they are very dedicated. Even though you did not go to the theatre it is quite obvious your vacation was well spent and we are happy you enjoyed our day time activities. We will most definitely pass on your review to all department heads as am sure each staff will be inspired by your detailed appraisal of how excellent your vacation was. Thanks for your recommendation, it well appreciated.

You also took the time out to venture off property to visit our local stores, taxis are available on property to assist with transportation to various shops. The cost is more than the local transportation as the procedures and laws that governs tourist are different from those that governs citizens, thus the license is different.

Thanks to you again for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort and we look forward to seeing you on your next vacation!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Had a great time while at the resort and there was enough to do without going offsite. The water center was very helpful and this place is a great value for first time recreational divers. The snorkeling trip is great but be sure to find a calm day. They are very flexible so set up last minute. We went offsite and really enjoyed Dunn's Falls and Ricky's café and the cliff divers in Negril. Swim up bar is great as are the views from the beach and pool. The Japanese steakhouse was surprisingly good and I recommend it.

Everyone was great from our servers, bar tenders, customer relations, gift shop and the entertainers.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Beach and thanks for taking the time out to share your review. We are delighted to hear that you had a great time. We are grateful that you enjoy our facilities and water sport activities. Jamaica has a lot to offer and it’s good that you took the time to go offsite, Dunn’s River Falls and Rick’s Café are both remarkable. Thanks for your recommendation about our restaurants and we are gratified to hear that you enjoyed all the excellent services provided by our valued staffs. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again for your next vacation

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon and this was the best trip we have ever taken!! We arrived prior to 3:00pm and we were able to check in with in a matter of 5 minutes and were welcomed with delicious frozen drinks! Our room was very nice and the view was even better. The air is not as cold as I would like it, but I like it REALLY cold!! The grounds were beautiful and they were maintained on a daily basis! We did not spend much time in the pool as we can do that at home, so we stuck to the ocean!! The beach was nice and relaxing, the only complaint was the seaweed and amount of floating debris which somehow I managed to touch and get stung by something! The lifeguard was very helpful though and got me some cream to put on the sting. The entertainment staff was so friendly (especially Tutsiroll and Angel) and did not push you if you didn't want to join in the activities but still made you feel special by sitting down to talk to you or even eat lunch with you. The food was FABULOUS!! So many options but we could not pass up the jerk chicken and jerk sauce every time we ate! The Japanese restaurant was yummy and entertaining!! A super special thanks to Julius at the pool bar for keeping the fabulous frozen drinks flowing all day long!! We can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Our room was 2406 and had a great view of the ocean as well as the pool!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort & Spa for your honeymoon destination. We would also like to thank you for taking the time out to share your review about your perfect honeymoon. We are thrilled to hear that you had an absolutely amazing honeymoon. Honeymoons are extremely precious and as such it is of utmost importance that the memories are flawless. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the beauty of your room and our grounds. We are sorry you got stung while swimming and I hope the cream provided by our lifeguard gave you speedy relief. You enjoyed our FABULOUS food provided and also the friendliness of our entertainment team; we are very happy and grateful to hear that. We will pass on your commendations to all our staff as they will be delighted to know how happy you are about your trip. We look forward to providing you with more jerk chicken, fabulous frozen drinks and more beautiful memories on your next trip! Thanks again for your lovely review and we anticipates your return!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I spent our 25 wedding anniversary at Rose hall Beach. We read the reviews ,most were good and some that were bad. We had a great time. I think what stood out for us was the service. All the staff was so nice and accommodating. the room was great. We had booked a standard room, but when we got there they upgraded us to a ocean view. The food was great. There was lots of choice on the buffet .All three restaurants we awesome.
I am upset about some of the negative postings. But I guess either they just had bad luck or no matter what, they are just miserable people and nothing will ever be good enough for them. Finger prints on the glass door, really?! WTF, get a life. The staff never once even indicated that they expected a tip!! if any thing I had to try and get it to them. I tipped everyone every time that I could. Its the right thing to do. The staff are wonderful people and work longer and harder days then most anyone I know. we had a wonderful time and want to thank all the staff. Thank you, thank you! one more thing, early one morning we were talking to one of the grounds person and he said "you are no longer guests you are family" :)

1  Thank clyde67

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort & Spa for your vacation destination and to celebrate such a special occasion. We appreciate the time you invested in writing this review and we would like to say thanks to you. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the excellent service provided by our dedicated staffs, the beauty of our wonderful resort and the great food provided by our amazing chefs. We are blissful that you enjoyed your vacation to the fullest, each individual needs differ and we continually work attentively to ensure maximum satisfaction. Regrettably not everyone feels the same way as you about our beautiful resort, nevertheless we will continue to work relentlessly and we are overjoyed each time we triumphs in contributing to remarkable vacations. Thanks to you for being a part of the Iberostar family and we look forward to seeing you on your next vacation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!