Just returned from a fun week at Rosehall Beach. This was our 6th trip to Jamaica in 30 years and the property was the best. I don't know why people give negative reviews on this site.
We checked in at 2:00 on a rainy Sunday no lines - got our key & were taken to our room in 5 minutes. Any time I approached the main desk, I was treated promptly & courteously. The hotel was fully booked, but there was no waiting for buffet, elevators or bar service. The property is large enough to accommodate everyone, We had "no problem" booking reservations for the restaurants, and only ate there because we indulged too much at the buffet. The hotel offers a wide variety of fish, chicken pork & beef, with at least 15-20 types of salads. There are 2 omelet stations at breakfast, fresh made fruit smoothies and they even make donuts on site. Hot food was served hot -cold food is cold. No one got sick.The food has a Jamaican flair, so if you're looking for New York cuisine, stay somewhere else.
The rooms are large, nicely decorated and immaculate. [the mattresses could be upgraded, but we got a good nite's sleep] The air conditioning & ceiling fan were great, and we never had any ants or any kind of odor which I read in some reviews. Housekeeping does a great job. The beach has hundreds of lounge chairs, most of which are in the shade, and even if we went to the pool after breakfast, there were still chairs available. We are not drinkers, but the few that we had were good - [the Grand might have a little better selection - worth the extra money? doubt it]
We never wanted to visit the Suites next door - no need to.
The best part of our stay was the warmth & friendliness of the staff. From Maxine in the dining room to Monique [Star friend] and Lemon-head for comic relief by the pool, everyone ries to make you feel special. We are not "party people" but the staff try to include you in activities and line dancing, or even just to give a Hello and ask if they can do anything for you.
If we go back to Jamaica again, I would stay here again in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new 5-star- hotel is located in beautiful Montego Bay, Jamaica. Directly on the beach. Elegant colonial design. Water sports galore. Scuba diving. 3 specialty restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with VISIT US, INC. , Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Iberostar
- Iberostar Rose Hall Jamaica
- Iberostar Jamaica
- Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel Jamaica - Montego Bay