This was our first time to Jamaica. We are a well travelled couple in our 40's.
The staff were all very friendly. I've never been asked as many times as here, "how is your vacation so far?", and or. "is this your first time to Jamaica?".
Food was great! I don't understand the people who reviewed otherwise. We never had a bad meal at either the buffet or the three restaurants. Never had an upset stomach either like I always do when we've travelled to other countries. (Definitely try the Curry goat, jerk chicken, and Ox tail)
Shopping..., there is a little vendor market past the dive shop (no security there). If you want more selection and better quality items, go to the Rose Hall shops via the hotels free shuttle. (Gated shopping) It goes every day 9-5. (Tip- start at the back shops first for better prices. Cheaper than the hotel shops)
Snorkeling was awesome. Yes, the water is a tad murky, but clear enough you can still see some great varieties of fish. Head toward the red bouy's in the water. There is a underwater rock wall where the fish hang out. I was surprised at the amount of coral and sea life that has already made it their home. We even saw three lion fish there.
Excursions... Definitely check out Barrett adventures. They are on Trip Advisor and I've written about our excursion to both the Dunn's Falls & Secret Falls with pics. They also have a website to show what excursions they offer. Better prices than the hotel and way more interesting places to go. We booked directly before we left Canada with no issues.
The only observation I noticed at the hotel to make comment about was our first day there, a large group was at the swim up bar and dared a guy to wear a "borat" bath suit as a joke. It was pretty funny, and had the crowd laughing. Some lady in management kicked him out telling him, " it's a family location and therefore not appropriate". Yet a few days later at the pool the hotel held a competition for girls to dance. This has two Brazilian girls in thongs smaller than the borat guy, and they were encouraged to shake their butts for everyone. Just a tad double standard if you ask me. Having raised kids, I think parents have no business hanging at the swim up "BAR" with small kids anyway. You have to expect adults drinking are going to have fun and blow of steam on vacation, and its not a place for kids. There is another pool they can use and the beach instead. Or better yet book at the "Suites" where there is a great kids pool with slides etc.
Most of the rooms have a slight view of the ocean/pool unless you book "ocean front", which is directly on the beach. The bed was
ok, pillows were flat and the comforter is a bit faded. Certainly nothing that ruined my vacation. Rooms were a good size.
Beach is decent. Lots of loungers and ample shade to find spots if you want some. Watch for people taking your towel. $10 if lost.
I would definitely go back. Good job Iberostar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new 5-star- hotel is located in beautiful Montego Bay, Jamaica. Directly on the beach. Elegant colonial design. Water sports galore. Scuba diving. 3 specialty restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Visit Us Inc., Hotwire, Orbitz, TravelUp, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Montego Bay Iberostar
- Iberostar Rose Hall Jamaica
- Iberostar Jamaica
- Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel Jamaica - Montego Bay