“FUN!”

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I might be biased b/c I just LOVE JAMAICA MON! I was at this hotel in Summer 2010
This hotel was fun...the dance contest was great. I ALMOST won but a bigger booty booted me to second place.lol
Food was good...the rooms were average nothing spectacular...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank cmw1759
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback.
I will give all your generous comments to the Manager of each department, as the best reward that we could have for all the hard work our employees do, is give all this compliments so they know that they are in the right path and keep with the hard work.

Once again we would like to thank you for choosing the IBEROSTAR Rose Hall to spend your vacation.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Write a ReviewReviews (4,493)

Reviewed December 27, 2012

The resort was great, my husband and best friend went 12/18/2012-12/21/2012, we are planning a group vacation next year already have spoke with my travel agent, so much to do, room was clean and the food was delicious and drinks out of this world (lol), we had a standard room and could see the pool and beach from baloney. We have 15 family and friends already on our list to go next year. The staff was great from the front desk to the bar and our room service. I recommend this resort highly.

Room Tip: Taxi cab out front for you convience. Took us to mall
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Valerie T

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Management and all our staff members, we would like to extend to your our sincerest gratitude for your positive comments in regards to your vacation at our hotel IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach.

It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the friendliness and warm Jamaican hospitality of our staff so much so you are already planning your return. This is very gratifying to know.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to our resort once again.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We originally tried to get in to the Rose Hall Suites but they were fully booked so we settled on "Beach". The resort was very nice although it wasn't as large as what we are used to and with four teenagers, we are always looking for things for them to get into. While we were there, we snuck over to the "suites" hotel and I was so upset because it was gorgeous! But, on our walk back to our resort, I noticed that our people seem to be having more fun and it was a bit more lively. All in all, everyone had a great time, we took 5 teenagers this time and my parents joined us. The staff was great, and very entertaining! Restaurant choices were limited and the resort is smaller so everything is kinda all right there. We would definitely stay again!

3  Thank DenaeJ J

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire team here, thank you and your family for selecting our resort for your vacation. We are delighted to know that you were able to take the time to share your comments about the resort. We are also extremely pleased that upon comparing our resort with our sister property, you were able to enjoy all our services and amenities offered here. It is also gratifying to know that you were satisfied with the resort in general.

We look forward to welcoming you back here in the future.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I travelled to The Rose Hall Beach with my family and friends in August 2012. We were celebrating a friend's birthday, and I had emailed the hotel prior to our stay to reserve the japanese restaurant which they did without hesitation. Upon arrival, we were greeted with "Miami Vice" cocktails. Check in was quick and easy and our three rooms were side by side. My friend had a birthday cake waiting in her hotel room courtesy of the hotel staff which was a pleasant surprise. The rooms were clean and the air conditioning was working well- too well at night because we needed blankets. The buffet was great with a different theme each night My son is a picky eater and he always found something he liked. The beach was nice and the water was crystal clear- we were able to see small fish swimming around us. The shuttle bus to the shops at Rose Hall was convenient and on time. I dropped off my 3 children at the kids club for one day and they had a great time- they went to the beach, pool, made crafts and learned about Jamaica.
Overall we had a great time and I would definitely stay at the Rose Hall Beach on my next Jamaican vacation.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the restaurants. We were on the third floor above the japanese restaurant...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Konstantina73
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Kindly allow us to express our gratitude for choosing our resort for your holiday. It was our pleasure to welcome you to the shores of Jamaica and to the Iberostar chain of resorts. We are elated to know that you experienced a great check in and the room was comfortable for the duration of your stay.

We are thrilled to have provided you and your son with appreciated variety offered at our buffet. I will most definitely pass on your comments to the departments mentioned.
Thank you for taking your wonderful time to give us a feedback on the services we provide at the hotel. The service we provide here are second to none and it’s all about excellence. We are very proud to know that you’ve enjoyed the delicious meals here as well as the other features. The service the employees provide at the hotel are top notch and we are quite pleased that you’ve recognized that.

The staff and the management at the hotel once again thank you for your wonderful review, we hope that you’ll make a wonderful return to Jamaica and here at the hotel.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

After several reviews, I finally booked this hotel from Dec 17-24th - we just got back yesterday. The resort is beautiful with marble floors, beautiful landscaping which is lit up at night, two infinity pools and lovely restaurants. The two things that really bothered me was the bathroom which was difficult to flush and the shower which plugged up the first night but was fixed right away. Having said there was hardly any shower pressure. These are the only cons I can think of. A few things:
- the rooms were very clean, no bed bugs ( I checked several times), or any other kind of insects
- no topless bathing which was great.
- make sure men bring pants as you require them for the beautiful restaurants
- make sure you bring $1 tips for the waiters
- the pools are both 4.1 feet deep which is perfect
- the beach is great and if you want to go snorkelling bring your own equipment
- if you are planning to go to dunn's river falls, make sure you bring your own swimshoes otherwise you will have to rent them at $7.00 per pair or buy them at $15.00. You will not be allowed to wear flip flops
- if you go on any excursions, don't let the locals take advantage of you buy making you purchase items- Just say no politely and walk away.

This trip was amazing and we loved it!

3  Thank seema786Markham

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management and staff of the IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Beach Resort, we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your vacation experience. We sincerely regret if the circumstances mentioned may have affected your vacation experience and your perception of our hotel. Kindly accept our sincerest apologies about the difficulties you had the with bathroom, I will have to speak to the maintenance manager in regards to this issue.

We are delighted that you were pleased with the hotel in general, and the amenities that we offered. It is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay.
Once again, it is our pleasure to know that you enjoyed our services and that we were able to provide you a delightful stay. We hope that when returning to Jamaica, you will give us the opportunity to host you once again, as it was indeed our pleasure to have served you.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

We went to Jamaica for our 4 time but first time to Iberostar. We've been before to Grand Paladium, Grand Bahia Principe and Hilton. From all of them we liked Iberostar the most. Everything was nice. We stayed at the 4th floor with the swimming pool and ocean view. Amazing. The food was delicious, the people are so nice all the time willing to help you. The beach is very nice with calm water and very warm. LOVELY. We traveled together with our 2 girls and my mom and dad. Everybody had lots of fun.
Thank you Iberostar for a wonderful time. We will return for sure, and we will recommend it to everyone.

1  Thank necdiana79
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Travel dates: Dec 17 - Dec 22, 2012

This was a first visit to Jamaica for most in our party and I want to go back already, even though I have only been home 2 days. Not every resort has everything that everyone is looking for, but for our family vacation to this resort was wonderful enough for me to return to any time that I go back to Jamaica.

Check in went quickly and smoothly. All the staff was wonderful, but we got to know some of the staff very well. Lovene will entertain you with her non-stop songs while she walks the beach serving you drinks. Chinet will amaze you at how many empty cups she can stack as she heads to get them cleaned and she is very good about coming by to check if you need anything to drink very frequently. Jamiel, Junior (JR), Kedra and all the lady Star Friends entertain you throughout the day and visit in between events. Ricardo (Jammin' Music Bar), Sedrick (Swimup Pool Bar), Juliqos (Beach Bar),and Andrew (Lobby Bar) are all great bartenders and each have their own "special" concoctions you have to try. We even got a golf cart ride from the Disco at the Rose Hall Suites resort to our resort by the General Manager and his wife.....just had to tell him how we loved all his staff and the hotel.

We had an issue with our room smelling of urine the first day and housekeeping took care of it immediately by changing the curtains out and thoroughly re-cleaning the room by the patio door. Never had an issue the remainder of our trip. Yes, you will see small ants (we were on the 5th floor) because you are in a tropical climate. Ours were limited to the bathroom and were very minimal. The refrigerator did not ever seem to get cold enough for our liking, but I think it's because they have it enclosed in a cabinet and it gets overheated.

The nightly shows were geared toward kids early on and then families on most nights. Some of the shows were a little on the cheesy side and too much singing, but it is free entertainment. Tuesday night was the "Ideal Couple" show which my husband and I took part in and won. Everybody we ran into in the elevators, bars, pool, restaurants asked us all week ...."Hey, aren't you the couple that was in the show the other night?....You were great, best show we've seen so far". It was a blast and all of the couples did a great job! The show on Friday night was "Mr. Iberostar" and maybe it wasn't really meant for small children but by 9:30pm shouldn't they be in bed anyhow?

The buffet food for us left a lot to be desired, but we are very picky eaters. Since it is prepared for several people, some who may have dietary needs, the food is bland as far as seasoning goes but I would rather salt and pepper my own food to my liking rather than having it be too salty, etc. Breakfast and lunch was the best selection at Uncle Tony's. Dinner was spent at Little River. Did not like any of the food at the Japanese restaurant "Samarai" and we do eat that type of food. Chicken was undercooked (still raw) and food portions are not very big.

Overall our experience at this resort was Excellent and we will make it our first option should we return to Jamaica.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!