“Beyond amazing to be standing in the middle of the sea!”

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Moreno Valley, California
“Beyond amazing to be standing in the middle of the sea!”
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I went to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel with four other women on our annual Diva Escape trip. As soon as we arrived we were greeted by smiles & cold drinks. When I say everyone there was nice I mean EVERYONE! Being from California where we barely smile at our neighbors, I had never experienced anything like it.

The rooms were spacious and nice. Since the shower lacked a door you will need to ask for extra towels for the floor so you don't slip & fall like I almost did. (slip no fall whew!) The fridge is stocked daily with waters, sodas, Red Stripes, etc since it is All-Inclusive. We had a great view of the pool area and the beach off the balcony. We had a double bed room, but I visited single bed room and it had a sofa and a huge patio/balcony.

The resort has activities galore! Too much to even try to do all of them. They have staff called Star Friends that interact with the guests day & night and they are all great. A guy named Kerron was the funniest though. I enjoyed the water activities the best. Kayaking was great & the catamaran to the shallow reef was beyond amazing to be standing in the middle of the sea!

There were several weddings on the beach at various times and fun to watch. Who knows maybe I'll go back one day and get married there. Maybe. Either way I will be back!

Complaints: Simple irritations.
1.) I was surprised to learn not only do have to pay for WiFi but it is ONLY accessible in the lobby. True the lobby experience is fun and comfortable but it would've been great to be able to get online all over the resort, especially my room so I could upload all the great pics before bed or going out.
2.) We were unable to get reservations to the restaurants until our last night and it wasn't our first choice. There has to be some way to guarantee access to these restaurants for all. They should consider having them open more hours. Thank goodness for the buffet, but get to know their hours of operation too so you don't end up hungry and having to wait.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank SaucyCoffey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,001)
  • Polish first
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2011

This is the first hotel review I have every written but felt that if I am going to read reviews to help decide on hotels, I should write them too, especially when a hotel is as nice as this one. We stayed here as a couple and had a fantastic holiday. The room was lovely, a great bathroom with a good shower. The room was always clean and everyday the maid would make a swan or other object with towels, sometimes there were rose petals left on bed which was a lovely touch.

The food was lovely, a great choice everyday, which was not repetitive like some hotels we have stayed in. There was always various sections each serving different types of food, so something for everyone. In the day there were sometimes barbeques on the beach.

The pool area and gardens were amazing, very well kept, pool clean with activities throughout the day, although you are not hassled to join in. Getting a sunbed was never an issue, there was always plenty and we did not get up before 9 and I am quite fussy about which sunbed I have ( I like to face the sun all day).

Entertainment through the day was great, good atmosphere even when not joining in. However, on a night the shows were sometimes a bit boring, so we didn't always stay to watch them all. Also, the air conditioning can be quite cold in the show theatre, so I needed a cardigan on every night.

We went on 2 trips, the jeep safari and dunn's river falls. Both were fantastic and would recommend them both.

The gym was very well equipped, although I never went in but my boyfriend went in several times and said it was very good, there was a personal trainer in there too who would organise workouts for you if you wanted.

This hotel was recommended to me by my mum and dad as they stayed here the year before me and loved it. It did not disappoint and was well worth the money.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Laura580423
aguadilla
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We had heard from many friends that Iberostar was their all-inclusive resort of choice. We now know why. Typically, my family of five ( two adults, and children ages 11, 11, and 13) is not the "all-inclusive" type as we like to roam and explore on vacation, but even for us there was always something to do at this resort. The expansive beach and the resort facilities were beautiful, clean, and well maintained,. The staff was extraordinary. The entertainment team was professional, fun, outgoing, creative, available if you wanted, but not in your face if you wanted some down time. There was plenty of room on the beach for all interests, whether that was peace and quiet for reading, snorkeling, (great snorkeling btw right off the beach) or getting involved with some of the planned activities which included beach volleyball, beach soccer, beach and pool aerobics, dances and dance lessons on the beach, bon fires on the beach at night., cookouts and lunch on the beach, and so much more. We were never bored, but could spend time alone if we wanted. The pools were huge, cleaned nightly and well-maintained. The service,whether at the swim-up bar, the bar on the beach, the staff walking around, or in the restaurants was top quality. The cleaning staff was completely trust worthy (they are not allowed to touch the guests' property), polite, efficient and did a great job. I noticed a couple comments about the humidity in the rooms, but we didn't have that problem. Generally, there is humidity, but it's an island in the Caribbean with a rainforest on it so go figure. But, we're from the midwest so we thought the humidity levels were low by comparison. In fact, my husband suffers from sinus and allergy problems and it all seemed to clear up the week we were there and he didn't take one pill, but it returned the minute we touched down at home. So, I guess that issue is just a matter of perspective. Again, it wasn't something we noticed or thought about and I was surprised it was mentioned in the reviews. Our rooms cooled off quite nicely and we slept with covers.
I can't say enough about the entertainment staff. They clearly are professional entertainers or should be. In addition to the activities during the day, each night there was a show of some kind in the theatre that did appear to be put on by a professional group of dancer/singers/entertainers.
Our kids were never bored which is hard to achieve because they are used to a lot of activity, especially on vacation. But, when they wanted to relax on the beach or build sand castles, there was space to do so without feeling like there was too much commotion all around.
I would recommend one day trip to the Dunn River Falls and the rainforest, but other than that everything one needs for a perfect Caribbean beach vacation can be found in this resort.
Lastly, I'd recommend spending some money with the locals selling souvenirs if you get the chance. The quality of life in Jamaica is so substandard to the U.S. that any infusion of cash into the economy goes a long way.
You do have to pay for internet access and even though I paid Verizon before I left for cell service in Jamaica, there was none. Though this was not the fault of the resort. Either there was just no coverage, even though Verizon maps show there should be, or the towers were down.

Room Tip: Didn't appear to be a bad room or location.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank aguadillatraveler
chicago, ill
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Before a complete review of our visit to IRHB, I have to tell you the resort itself is excellent. Plenty to do or not do, you make your choice!

I would like to thank this people:

ALLA LANGER, our Travel Agent from Millennium Tours in Chicago for arranging this wonderful vacation.
ELIZABETH MIRANDA, for responding to my E mail quickly & providing my family of two with every thing & more I asked for.
CELIA FERRAN TRULLOLS, for being very pleasant, professional, accommodating all our needs & spending time one evening with us & friends, we never forget how pleasurable was this time.
EDUARDO, Restaurant Supervisor, for being very helpful & nice, stopping by our table all the time and asking how he can help to make our visit more pleasurable & providing the best service possible.
CHARLES,“the Omelet Man” for being always ready & wiling to please the crowd.

Now I will put a complete long & detailed Review of our visit to IRHB on 05.19.11 for 7 days stay (keep in mind we are traveling to Caribbean’s twice a year for last 25 years and practically stayed in over 40-50 all inclusive 5-6 star hotels, trying to go each time to different once and Country’s, but this trip was by far my favorite.)
Flight:
Check in the early morning by USA3000 went very smooth & we came to Montigo Bay around 12.00pm in time.
Ride to hotel was fast, 20 min.
Hotel Check in:
Surprise #1 very quick & room was ready to move in no waiting at 1.00pm.
Surprise #2, I asked for room #2437 (top floor) & thanks to Elizabeth Miranda received it.
Surprise #3, we were celebrating out wedding anniversary & Wow whole floor was covered with flower petals and a bottle of Jamaican Rum was seating on the table, what a Joy!
This is also when we realized how great the staff was with response time, personal care, and true concern.

Now back to review.
Rooms:
are average sizes with all amenities needed & clean with no dump smell at all. Just came home & unpacked all cloth & another surprise, no dump smells!
Ceiling fan & air conditioning worked well (make sure you keep your balcony door closed as this activates the air con - door open - no air; door closed - air con on).
In the tub you have rain shower, no problems with hot or cold water. Room is cleaned every day & ladies are very nice. Closet has shelving space with digital safe to store your passports, cash & valuables.
Beach & Pool area:
The beach and ocean were amazing; with a nice breeze to keep you cool, any seaweed was raked up first thing in the morning, soft sand, no stones, pebbles or rocks.
You are given room towel cards for each person. Return towel each day and get card or just trade for a fresh towel and pick up towel card on last day.
No needs to come early in the morning to save a bed @ 9.00-10.00am they were available, probably because resort was not fully booked.
We are the beach people & enjoyed every minute spend at the beach which is amazing and the water feels like bath water & very calm, we stayed for a long time in the water swimming, doing water aerobics & enjoying the perfect weather.
The pool area is spotless and there always seems to be someone cleaning, sun beds and towels were always easy to get. There is a pool bar and beach bar service and a beach buffet bar which doubles as the steak house restaurant at night. The water sports are situated by the jetty on Beach Hotel site for all 3 Hotels.
Walking the beach is exceptional as the planners of these resorts have all 3 Hotels put facing the water & you may see all amenities of each one pacing by. We felt totally relaxed on the beach not being constantly pestered by local vendors.
Restaurants:
You have access to 3 restaurants (ala carte) however; the food was so well done at the buffet for breakfast lunch and dinner we had a hard time to choose where to go. Our favorite restaurants were Cajun & Toni’s stake house. The buffet was typically good, always something to be found even for a peaky eater I am. There could not possibly be a reason to go hungry. It was easy to book the a la carte dinners upon arrival and we really enjoyed all of them. The hotel does offer room service but we never felt the need to use this facility. Long pants – mandatory for men in the specialty restaurants.
Entertainment:
There are “Stars” staffs that are the entertainers in the evening and are busy organizing many activities for the guest to enjoy throughout the day – water aerobics, beach volleyball, pool volleyball, archery, bingo and so forth. Activities for all ages if you care to join. The evening shows were entertaining for the most part – some better than others.
Overall:
We had a very enjoyable vacation and felt that this was the best resort in Montego Bay and that we made an excellent choice in resorts. I would without doubt recommend staying at this resort, and as I said before we usually don’t go back to same place, but we defiantly will visit again Iberostar Montago Bay SOON!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
18 Thank MilaGold
new york
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Ok, I will make this short and simple.

Good
-Great food
-Clean room
-Beautiful grounds
-Good staff
-Plenty of activities and things to do
-Good shows at night

Bad
-No top shelf liquor (although this is the cheaper of the three hotels, so we didn't expect it, the Grand has all top shelf liquor)
-The air conditioning in the room was a bit weak, however we never bothered to complain
-Out of the 3 Iberostar's I've stayed at (Bavaro, Punta Cana and Tucan, Playa Del Carmen) this was my least favorite group of star friends. They weren't terrible, just didn't meet the high expectations the other groups at the other resorts left me with.
-We were upgraded to an ocean view room, to find out the reason was because they didn't have the smoking room we reserved available, and when we walked into the room, it smelled like mildew. The smell went away by the next day though.

So basically, if you are a super picky person, you are better off spending the extra money to stay at either the suites or the grand, but Iberostar is always the way to go. Everytime I travel I am reluctant to stay anywhere else, because I know when it comes to Iberostar, I am never disappointed. Even though it may have been my least favorite out of the three Iberostars I've stayed out, this hotel still makes my top 3 vacation spots EVER!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank smboccuzzo
Aliso Viejo, California
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Best vacation in a very long time, the hotel is very nice and the grounds are beautiful. If you are at the pool bar see Chirstopher. Very funny and such a nice man. The staff is great. Would return again and not soon enough

3 Thank nani_bec
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Here is a letter I recently wrote to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach:

Dear Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel & Resort,

Hello, My Name is Anthony My wife and I recently took a vacation to the beautiful country of Jamaica. Let me start out by saying that our stay at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach was Outstanding! From the moment we arrived we were treated phenomenal. As soon as we walked into the resort a server greeted us and served us 2 ice cold drinks. They were very refreshing. After we checked in a bell man loaded all of our luggage and delivered it to our room. He was very friendly. Once we entered the room we were very happy. The room was large and very clean. There was not only a large bed with a heart made out of towels, but a nice bamboo chair and a soft couch we could relax on. The best part of the room was the outside balcony and ocean view! The view from our room was breath taking. It was everything we had hoped for. After we settled in we went down for lunch. We were blown away with the buffet. It was enormous! There was something for everybody and the food was hot and so delicious. It was 1 of the best buffets we have ever eaten. Throughout the week my wife and I ate there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The food was always delicious and very fresh. The waiters were very friendly and provided excellent service. They always made sure we had refills on drinks before we even had to ask. They did a fantastic job. We also loved the ‘’Samurai’’ Japanese and ‘’Jambalaya’’ Cajun restaurants. The Chefs at the Japanese restaurant were very entertaining we really enjoyed them the food at both restaurants was delicious! My wife and I also really enjoyed the pool. It was very large and very clean. We loved the swim up bar and enjoyed all the interaction the staff had with the guests. There was always some kind of entertainment whether it be the DJ, the workout instructors, the games of bingo, beach Olympics or my favorite pool basketball! It was fantastic, we really enjoyed the time we spent at the pool. The white sand beach was also very nice! We spent a lot of time outside at the beach; it was always very clean with almost no trash. The Staff does an excellent job of making sure the beach is as clean as possible. Also we really enjoyed the cabana huts located all over the beach. They provided us with some shade from the sun when we needed it. The water sports center was a bonus. My wife and I decided to go parasailing, it was something we both had always wanted to do and the experience was once in a lifetime! The view from above the ocean was gorgeous. It was a lot of fun. The staff was very friendly and we really enjoyed the experience. We also did some other activities on our stay in Jamaica. We took the Tour of the Old Rose Hall Great House. It was very interesting! We also climbed the beautiful waterfalls at Dunn’s River Falls in Ocho Rios, We Went on the sunset tour in Negril and ate dinner at the world famous Ricks Café. We also went on a zip lining tour which was such a rush! All thanks to Tina the Jamaica Tours Representative we spoke with in the hotel lobby. Another thing we really enjoyed was the live night shows put on at the hotel. My wife and I seen a few we really enjoyed the reggae night and Hollywood shows. The performers are phenomenal we were very impressed! Our vacation and stay at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach was superb. The only thing we didn’t like was that it was only lasted 7 days and we couldn’t stay longer! We would recommend Iberostar and Montego Bay, Jamaica to anybody looking for a great vacation loaded with endless opportunities to make memories that will last a lifetime! So again my wife and I just wanted to take a minute to say Thank You! We will definitely be making a return trip in the future!

10 Thank Tmarquez
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
3.5 of 5 bubbles 5,912 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!