“A Terrific Experience As A PGA Pro Sees It!!!”

Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
Ranked #3 of 5 things to do in Rose Hall
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Cinnamon Hill's diverse elevations offer a great combination of both links style and inland golf. Feel the cool ocean spray on your cheeks as you play alongside the Caribbean Sea, then hear the wind whistling through the pines as you tee-off on holes 16 and 17, 350 feet above sea-level. On the closing stretch, tight fairways are dotted with treacherous, strategically placed bunkers, inspiring the most competitive player’s best game. This is a test you will enjoy - enchanting panoramas framing your every shot.The Caribbean Sea can be viewed from 17 of the 18 holes and the one hole where it’s absent a majestic waterfall awaits your errant tee shot. The waterfall is the site where they filmed James Bond’s Movie Live and let Die and is only one component of the great history that is on the course. On hole #14 the winter home of country music superstar Johnny and June Cash can be seen from the fairway. As an added enhancement, one of the course’s biggest assets happens to be its expert caddies. Cinnamon Hill caddies are listed among "The Best In The World" by Golfer Magazine. Each caddy is expertly trained and ready to help you improve your game.Come, experience Cinnamon Hill and add your own story to its intriguing history. This challenging par 72 layout which plays just over 6800 yards from the tips has 4 sets of tees that offer a great experience for all levels of players from juniors to seniors.Proud Host of the 2010 LPGA Tour event ‘The MOJO 6”Rated by Golfweek as a Best Tour Courses you can play. Rated at #29 right after The Blue Monster at Doral.Please note: All rates include green fee cart caddy and all taxes as well as use of the driving range, short game area and putting green. Our Nike VRS club rentals are $55 and come with a free sleeve of Nike Golf Balls and our Nike shoe rentals are $20.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Before our trip to Jamaica I contacted the Head Golf Professional Robert Ames being that he is a PGA Professional and I am a PGA Professional he extended his hospitality to me and my fiance. As soon as we got out of the car we were greeted and directed to the pro shop and other amenities. The Assistant Pro Sebert was all smiles and happy to take care of us, he was extremly helpful when it came to merchandise and the check-in process. We had a great set of rental clubs that were clean and also had up-to-date technology. We also took a caddie his name was Everton and boy could he read a green! All we had to do was get used to the speed of the green and he gave us the perfect line. He also watched us warm up on the range and before we got to the first hole he knew the distances of our clubs, which also eliminated a lot of thinking on our part. We were just able to enjoy the scenery and each other because he did everything, but swing the club for us.

The conditions were great as well, as a Professional I always look at the greens as the most important aspect of a nice golf course and these were nice and true and fast. The rest of the course followed suit.

As a PGA Professional I recommend fellow professionals to not only play Cinnamon Hill when in Jamaica, but recommend it as a vacation or day trip you recommend to your members that may be visiting. I truly felt like a member that belonged.

Cheers to the Cinnamon Hill staff for making us feel like we were at home while being so far away.

1  Thank Gitouttatown
in 6 reviews
"tee box"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I played this wonderful course 10 times and enjoyed every stroke! The location of the course made for outstanding scenery form the holes beside the ocean to those in the hills. The course is very well maintained and is of moderate difficultly. The remains of its history as a sugar plantation and mill remain plus the other attractions such as the Johnny Cash residence and the James Bond setting make the course unique. I am a new golfer with a handicap of 19 and with the assistance of my caddie, Garnett, my game improved dramatically. Garnett was a great guide and an outstanding teacher. I strongly suggest that anyone proposing to play this course ask for his services as they will not be disappointed!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

The course was well maintained. Total price (green fees, caddie tip, cart) was $140, but I booked after 10:30 a.m. Replay was $80. Earlier in the morning was only $20 more. Front nine was beautiful and windy. Back nine was tight. I played the white tees (6380 yds.). Blues were 6800. I hit the ball long and could drive a few greens on the back, but the area was narrow. The caddies were amazing. Everton helped with the course and also gave me good pointers on my game. Listen to them. Elevation changes throughout and nice. Sand traps everywhere to collect errant shots. Worth it.

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

The views are amazing and front nine are less challenging than back. If you dont like constant uphill and downhill lies, hit em straight. I had 2 different caddies and they were both good. Im not a fan of ridealongs but its a good employment. If you ask only for the general slope of the green they will do thAt instead of showing the line. Putting is part of the game and i like to find my own line. Dont forget to grab the caddies some water as well before you go, they appreciate it.
You can also see Johnny Cash's house and the James Bond falls(bring camera)

I would have played more but its pricey one you factor the 80 dollar cab ride and caddie tip. Maybe they should advertise a pick up service ...