2,315 results
All reviewssugar millhibiscus suiteseagrape terraceil giardinoall inclusive planwest cottagesfern tree spameal plansea grapeprivate poolbedroom villagolf cartcedar barsunset beachhorseback ridingpepper potvilla staff
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We were here 5 years ago and decided to come back. It is a great place for a family. Our royal suite villa was huge! Fine for a family of 5. But the place just has some wear and tear to it. It you like the cape cod beach house kind of motif you will be fine. If you are self sufficient and don't need or want to entertained you will be fine. When we drove around MoBay and Negril we saw all the modern 21st century all inclusive resorts. This is not one of them! I just would like a little more energy to the place as well as more things to do! But that is my preference.

Pluses.
Great Tennis and Golf
breakfast lunch and beach buffets.
Kids camp,
Large rooms
Lots of pools
lots of beach activities
Large campus. You need a golf cart to get around but they are always available

Minuses.
Restaurants are ok not a lot of options.
Kind of remote location
Beach is ok
No formal "activities each day" like most big hotels.
Breakfast and lunch served outside
Ride around on bicycles from the 1920's

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our family of 4 just returned from a glorious week at Half Moon. We booked through American Express, and enjoyed many of the amenities they offered such as breakfast daily, late checkout, and a spa credit. But those perks aside, the trip would have been perfect anyway. To begin, in all the travel I have done in my life, I have never had such a warm welcome! All 4 of us felt like royalty as soon as we arrived! We were quite comfortable in our Jr Suite situated just steps from the ocean. By weeks end our young children (6 and 9) had met a bunch of children, and basically had full run of the property. We all felt very safe the entire time. In fact - 3 separate times the front desk removed things from our golf cart because they were left untended for a while. I was very impressed by that, as we never even saw security the whole time. But it was nice to know they were around..

Service was great. Anything you wanted was just a simple request, and it was "no problem!" I even saw a guest ask for a coconut be taken down from a palm tree so he could drink it. 10 minutes later he and his guests were in a tropical paradise!

The food was pricey, but very good. And the most notable meal was Parkesh in the shopping village. Without question some of the best Thai and Indian food we have ever had!
The resort is sprawled out onto 400 acres, yet felt incredibly intimate. We loved how easily traversed it was on bike or golf cart. The landscaped grounds are immaculate and lush. There are tons of things to do all day if you wanted to. ANd I love the fact that the endless options are not blaring you in the face. But if you wander a bit, and take it all in, sky is the limit. If you are looking for a relaxing, safe, and enjoyable place for your whole family, this is the one!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

A very nice hotel with beautiful villas to rent and huge rooms, by the Ocean , great stuff very kind , polite and helpful like jamaicans are.
The main restaurant by the ocean has a spectacular view , but the food is too americanised., in general all the restaurants in the resort have heavy and stuffy food ..
If you have children this is a paradise for them.
Pity they still allow flip flop and shorts around in the evening

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank parisima
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We spent a wonderful week in Villa 55, right on the ocean, that we will most definitely return to. The folks who took care of us were incredibly kind and professional, letting 7 adults and 3 kids experience the villa and resort to the full. The team of Devon Blair, Esmie Sinclair and Dezreen Omaragbon are tremendous and we can't recommend them enough, they're the best - request them! We'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My friend and I spent 4 nights/5 days at Half Moon (3/2 - 3/6). We bought a deal on jetsetter. We had never been to Jamaica before and after reading bad reviews on the Ritz (and seeing reviews on TripAdvisor and the deal on jetsetter) we went with Half Moon. It is close to the airport (15 MINS cab ride). Staff was FANTASTIC! EVERYONE we encountered was super friendly and helpful and my hats off to management and everyone at the hotel. We got upgraded to a Hibicuis suite that was fabulous! We loved sitting out on the porch looking at the ocean. Our main point of the trip was to relax and that we did. We never left the resort. The spa was nice although the layout is rather labyrinth-like but the hot stone massage I had was great and relaxing. The food on the resort is nothing fantastic (but living in NYC we are spoiled for choice). And this is not the place to order wine - stick to cocktails. Dinner was good at the Sugar Mill restaurant (bring mosquito repellant - I was eaten alive whenever I was outside). We did the beach bbq one night which was fun and the food was good (lots of meat). When we were laying on the beach or on the lounge chairs on our patio we were at the Cedar Bar which is outside. The guys working there are a riot, so fun and friendly and we had a great time chatting with them while drinking our mango margs. We did not do any activities while there. The room was very spacious and the king bed was super comfortable and I LOVED that they provided a ton of extra pillows in the closet. Overall we were thrilled with our stay and plan to go back again same time next year. The only downside (if you can call it that) was that there were a lot of families there and not many singles.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends