2,315 results
All reviewssugar millhibiscus suiteseagrape terraceil giardinoall inclusive planwest cottagesfern tree spameal plansea grapeprivate poolbedroom villagolf cartcedar barsunset beachhorseback ridingpepper potvilla staff
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is one of the best resorts to go to with a family or a group of friends. The "villa" experience is phenomenal and is like staying in your own home and the staff is incredibly nice and accommodating. Everything about it is 1st class from the time you arrive until you depart. I would go back any time!!

Room Tip: If you can afford it...stay in a villa
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Leela N
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guests:

Our goal is to exceed our guests' expectations at every opportunity, thank you for your lovely review. We are delighted you enjoyed a “Royal” experience; the Royal Villas accommodation is usually a ‘hit’ with our many valued clients. It truly offers a “home away from home” atmosphere. Thank you for complimenting the team – our staff are really the ones who learn the idiosyncrasies of our treasured guests and make each visit special.

Thank you for choosing Half Moon, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back ‘home’ in the not so distant future.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We just finished our second visit to Half Moon. First was last September, which was off season, and this was March, which was on-season and busy. Both times were fantastic. It is beautiful, the food is very good with several restaurants, the facilities are all you could want. The staff is wonderful - friendly and efficient. By the second day many know your name, very personal. It is a beautiful resort hotel, elegant with charm. Our family loves it and we plan on going again many times in the future. It really cannot be beat. Two visits and I cannot think of one negative thing, it is just really good. It is expensive but a good value considering what you get.

Room Tip: The inclusive package is a must. It includes anything you could want including top end liquor. It is nice knowing that you wont have any bill surprises when you check out. Make restaurant reservations for each night before you arrive.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was Lucky enough to be selected by Nissan Canada Finance to go on this trip. If you are looking a high end resort in Jamaica then this is it. The staff are very friendly and eager to help. Night life is not at a premium but this is a family resort. Beach is nice and food was Top Notch. This will be pricey but you get what you pay for and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guests:

We are thrilled that you had such an enjoyable stay during your recent visit with us.
We try hard to create experiences of a lifetime for our valued guests and their satisfaction is our reward.

Thank you for choosing Half Moon, A Rock Resort and for sharing your review on tripsdvisor. We look forward to welcome you back soon either as a group or with your family.

Regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Half Moon Resort because we were attending a wedding and this was one of the wedding itinerary spots and one of the two accomodations chosen for guests to stay at. We choose the cheaper of the two locations thinking that both were highly rated and could not go wrong. It was a mistake. We stayed at the Olelander. When we checked in we had a room with one vanity and the toilet did not work. I called and asked to be moved. The front desk told me that they would call me back and never did. I ran into the hotel manager the next day and told her about my experience. A friend who also checked in that day had us look at her unit and it had two vanities and a kitchen - for a single person. The next day we got moved. To yet another disaster - the room had a kitchenette and two vanities but with old, mismatched furniture and doors missing from the in the kitchen cabinets. One day we returned to our room to find the maintenance man there fixing the toilet because the maid had called him. She had problems with our toilet when she was cleaning our room. Also, be wary of the dive shop, I had fallen of the bike and hurt my knee so I asked them about disembarking the boat before we could go snorkelling and they assured me that we could use the ladder but we were told to jump off the boat! Maybe the other units are better but I know what we stayed at was no better that La Quinta. We have stayed at the Ritz Carlton, Waldorf, Mansion as well as Howard Johnson and I think this stay did not rank as being five star. The property grounds are well maintained and the staff with the exception of the front desk and some wait staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel manager did go out of her way to help. She sent me a nice note after I sent in my survey. Of course there was an offer to come back and stay on them for two nights. Not sure why they could not fix the problems when we were there or whey they could not adjust our bill because unless we go back the offer isnt worth anything but a gesture on their part.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the Olelander suites.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SH1827

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for sharing comments regarding your recent Half Moon, A RockResort experience on TripAdvisor.

Half Moon is truly a first-class resort; our vast number of return guests is evidence that we generally succeed in satisfying our most discerning clients. We sincerely apologise that we did not exceed your expectations in some areas of our service delivery and further regret the incident with the watersports activity. Be assured, we take your review very seriously and will use it as a tool to effect the necessary improvement to our facilities and services we provide our valued clients.

Thank you for choosing Half Moon; we look forward to another opportunity to create
an experience of a lifetime on you next visit with us. Please feel free to contact me personally when planning your next visit to Half Moon.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Set along a 2 miles of gorgeous beach this property is just spectacular! Also there is so much beauty in the all the plush natural and native plantings throughout the resort. There is stuff for everyone in the family to do here - with water sports, great beach, a few pools to choose from, tennis, golf, dolphins, horse back riding, and the most fantastic kids camp program we have found. The kids loved going off to camp everyday!! My kids are 10 and 8. We all loved the staff including head couselor Terese!! This helped make our trip extra special with lots of alone time for my husband and I. The staff all around the property is wonderful and very friendly.
We stayed in the Hibiscus suites - best location on the resort and perfect set up for my family - also on the beach! the spa also is great - Cynthia is fantastic!! The food is fair and the service in the restaurants is a little slow, but I think it is the island way. But all in all - this was one of our best trips and we hope to return there again soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guests,

We sincerely appreciate your taking the time to share the lovely comments regarding your stay at Half Moon, A RockResort. It was a pleasure serving you as our treasured guest.

We are happy your experience was all you anticipated and you thoroughly enjoyed the Half Moon facility, amenities, the various activities and of course the hospitality and service from our dedicated team. The Anancy Children’s Centre is certainly a ‘gem’ for our very important little guests; happy you were able to enjoy some ‘alone time’.

Again, thank you for visiting Half Moon and taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you “home” very soon.

Regards,