2,356 results
All reviews sugar mill hibiscus suite il giardino seagrape terrace all inclusive plan west cottages meal plan fern tree spa bedroom villa private pool sea grape golf cart cedar bar horseback riding villa staff pepper pot hibiscus pool
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was Lucky enough to be selected by Nissan Canada Finance to go on this trip. If you are looking a high end resort in Jamaica then this is it. The staff are very friendly and eager to help. Night life is not at a premium but this is a family resort. Beach is nice and food was Top Notch. This will be pricey but you get what you pay for and you won't be disappointed.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guests:

We are thrilled that you had such an enjoyable stay during your recent visit with us.
We try hard to create experiences of a lifetime for our valued guests and their satisfaction is our reward.

Thank you for choosing Half Moon, A Rock Resort and for sharing your review on tripsdvisor. We look forward to welcome you back soon either as a group or with your family.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Half Moon Resort because we were attending a wedding and this was one of the wedding itinerary spots and one of the two accomodations chosen for guests to stay at. We choose the cheaper of the two locations thinking that both were highly rated and could not go wrong. It was a mistake. We stayed at the Olelander. When we checked in we had a room with one vanity and the toilet did not work. I called and asked to be moved. The front desk told me that they would call me back and never did. I ran into the hotel manager the next day and told her about my experience. A friend who also checked in that day had us look at her unit and it had two vanities and a kitchen - for a single person. The next day we got moved. To yet another disaster - the room had a kitchenette and two vanities but with old, mismatched furniture and doors missing from the in the kitchen cabinets. One day we returned to our room to find the maintenance man there fixing the toilet because the maid had called him. She had problems with our toilet when she was cleaning our room. Also, be wary of the dive shop, I had fallen of the bike and hurt my knee so I asked them about disembarking the boat before we could go snorkelling and they assured me that we could use the ladder but we were told to jump off the boat! Maybe the other units are better but I know what we stayed at was no better that La Quinta. We have stayed at the Ritz Carlton, Waldorf, Mansion as well as Howard Johnson and I think this stay did not rank as being five star. The property grounds are well maintained and the staff with the exception of the front desk and some wait staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel manager did go out of her way to help. She sent me a nice note after I sent in my survey. Of course there was an offer to come back and stay on them for two nights. Not sure why they could not fix the problems when we were there or whey they could not adjust our bill because unless we go back the offer isnt worth anything but a gesture on their part.

Room tip: Do not stay in the Olelander suites.
Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank SH1827
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for sharing comments regarding your recent Half Moon, A RockResort experience on TripAdvisor.

Half Moon is truly a first-class resort; our vast number of return guests is evidence that we generally succeed in satisfying our most discerning clients. We sincerely apologise that we did not exceed your expectations in some areas of our service delivery and further regret the incident with the watersports activity. Be assured, we take your review very seriously and will use it as a tool to effect the necessary improvement to our facilities and services we provide our valued clients.

Thank you for choosing Half Moon; we look forward to another opportunity to create
an experience of a lifetime on you next visit with us. Please feel free to contact me personally when planning your next visit to Half Moon.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Set along a 2 miles of gorgeous beach this property is just spectacular! Also there is so much beauty in the all the plush natural and native plantings throughout the resort. There is stuff for everyone in the family to do here - with water sports, great beach, a few pools to choose from, tennis, golf, dolphins, horse back riding, and the most fantastic kids camp program we have found. The kids loved going off to camp everyday!! My kids are 10 and 8. We all loved the staff including head couselor Terese!! This helped make our trip extra special with lots of alone time for my husband and I. The staff all around the property is wonderful and very friendly.
We stayed in the Hibiscus suites - best location on the resort and perfect set up for my family - also on the beach! the spa also is great - Cynthia is fantastic!! The food is fair and the service in the restaurants is a little slow, but I think it is the island way. But all in all - this was one of our best trips and we hope to return there again soon.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guests,

We sincerely appreciate your taking the time to share the lovely comments regarding your stay at Half Moon, A RockResort. It was a pleasure serving you as our treasured guest.

We are happy your experience was all you anticipated and you thoroughly enjoyed the Half Moon facility, amenities, the various activities and of course the hospitality and service from our dedicated team. The Anancy Children’s Centre is certainly a ‘gem’ for our very important little guests; happy you were able to enjoy some ‘alone time’.

Again, thank you for visiting Half Moon and taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you “home” very soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We returned from our family trip with our 8, 6, & 22 mo. old children. We had a fabulous time! We stayed in the Hibiscus Suites. The beach & ocean were steps away from our porch. What a great location to start each day of our vacation. The resort brought me back to my 1980's trips to the Carribean. Even though The Half Moon is larger than my past experiences, I felt as though I was staying in a small resort. It also had that "old charm" -exactly what we had in mind. The employees were friendly & helpful. If you want to stay at a low-key, picturesque, relaxing resort this is the place to go. Enjoy hanging with your loved ones, catching hermit crabs, swimming, boating, shell collecting, bike riding, horse riding...
Thank you Half Moon for the great memories!

Date of stay: March 2013
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jessica W
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guests,

It was a pleasure serving you as our treasured guests during your recent visit to Half Moon, A RockResort. We are happy you enjoyed the entire facility and it offerings.

We are pleased that our team created an experience of a lifetime for you; and you thoroughly enjoyed Half Moon and its ‘old charm’. Half Moon has been careful to combine old world charm with modern touches, in our commitment to provide our guests with the highest standard of service and amenities in the industry.

Again, thank you for selecting Half Moon, and sharing your experience on tripadvisor.
We look for to another opportunity to welcome you in the not-too-distant-future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Have been to the Terrace restaurant for the last twenty years and for the last two years have been disappointed and would not return in a hurry bad food and staff completely uninterested. However The Sugar Mill restaurant very good and would go again

Dear Valued Guest,

We sincerely regret that we did not exceed your expectations this time around, especially with aspects of your dining experience. We appreciate your candid feedback which is not only important, but it is vital to our continuous improvement. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment encountered. We are happy however, that you enjoyed your Sugar Mill dining experience.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback; as always we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you ‘home’ in the not-too-distant future.