“Surpassed our expectations! Best vacation!”

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Long Island, NY
“Surpassed our expectations! Best vacation!”
Reviewed March 5, 2011

We stayed at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Feb 24-Mar 2. We travelled with our 2 daughters, ages 6 & 4. The trip was fabulous from start to finish. We ordered a private transfer which was worth every penny. We didn't have to wait for the giant bus to fill up, drop passengers at other hotels, etc.... the 4 of us just jumped in the car & we were at the resort in 20 minutes! We were greeted with a welcome non-alcoholic drink at 1pm, our room wasn't ready so we went to the beach lunch buffet which overlooks the beautiful beach & turquoise waters. The buffet was terrific - lots of variety and even pizza, pasta & french fries for my picky little ones! We went back to the front desk & our room was ready by 2pm. We booked an Oceanview Room & we were so pleased we did! We had room 4406, which is the top floor, above the hotel lobby. Terrific location & great views of the pools and ocean. Absolutely beautiful. The rooms are really nice - large bathroom with jetted tub, separate shower, 2 sinks, 2 beds and a small step down into a small living area with a desk & love seat. The balcony was spacious.

Food - breakfast was buffet every morning but we were so happy with the variety. They had yogurts, cereal, fresh fruit, omelets/eggs any style, breads, meats, etc.
Lunch - avail at 2 restaurants but we only ate at the beach side one every day. great variety. The roasted chicken is delicious.
Dinner - you need to make reservations with guest services & do so early to get what you want. We were told we were on a wait list for a few but my husband tipped the rep $10 & the next day we were able to confirm 4 nights. We missed 1 reservation at the gourmet restaurant (which i heard was very good) but we ate at the steak, mexican & mediterranean. All were excellent. Service is amazing. Tip the staff - they work so hard! We tipped $10 for each dinner for the 4 of us. At breakfast & lunch, we tipped $2.
Drinks - there is waiter service on the beach & we tipped them $1-$2 every time they came.
Kids Club - I had read they had a kids club but I was a bit apprehensive about putting my 2 young girls in it but once I was there & saw it & met the girls (Nikeisha, Roxy, & Melissa), I felt secure. My 6 year old wanted to stay with them all day!! I was able to take them in & out of kids club during the day and it gave me a few hours each day to myself to relax with my book on the beach.

Diving - my husband is a certified diver & he did 3 dives there thru Dressel Divers - located right down the beach at Iberostar Beach. He was very pleased with the dives. He also brought his own snorkel equipment & spent lots of time right off our beach exploring & he loved it.

Entertainment - kids show every night was cute & adult shows followed. With 2 young ones, we only saw 2 of the adult shows, unfortunately. They were really good though.

All in all, this resort surpassed our expectations. The resort is meticulous. Super clean, well manicured, service is phenomenal. It's also not a huge resort - very manageable. Needless to say, we will return to this property!

Oh - one more thing - when researching this property, I was unsure if I should book Iberostar Rose Hall Beach or the Suites & I am so happy we booked Suites! In my opinion, the beach is so much nicer at Suites. Iberostar Beach does not have the straw huts on the beach - only trees for shade. Suites has so many huts on the beach we had no problem getting one every day. The first day, we got one at 9:15 a.m. (most were taken but we still got one). After that, I went down before breakfast & put our towels & books on 2 chairs by 7:30 & never had a problem. I'd say if you try to get a hut after 9:30, it's going to be difficult but you always can get chairs on the pool deck or beach.

Star Friends - they are so friendly & are there to ensure everyone has a great time. Just really nice people.

We were so sad to leave. Such a great vacation. Hope this was helpful!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank DandDLongIsland_NY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,074)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Huntington, New York
Reviewed March 3, 2011

I'm rating it a 5 based on value. This is not Half Moon, but for the money, a wonderful, family friendly-experience. Beach is one of the nicest in Montego Bay. Lovely endless pool with swim up bar overlooking the water. Clean, new buildings with appealing architecture. Excellent breakfast, quality lunch buffet if you love grilled fish, grilled chicken, shrimp and vegetables. (Skip the burgers, dogs and steaks). Enjoyed the Mexican Restaurant and the Mediterranean. Heard great things about Samurai but never got a reservations. Steakhouse was so so. (Hard to get a good all-inclusive steak). Staff was friendly, some more than others. The "Star Friends" really are wonderful. Krazy Kenny is unbelievably talented. Funny, quick-witted, warm and a great improv actor. OMG, Kiki and the others were great too. They'll engage your kids, get everyone laughing and coax you just enough into events like water polo, horseshoes and archery. Fun, but not in your face. Spa looked nice, some slot machines, free kayaking and pay-for parasailing, banana boat, etc. Free mini-bar/fridge in the room.

I stayed at the Hilton last year and I'd rate this higher. Only things in Hilton's favor are water slides and the option to do a Platinum dinner/drink plan.

Some Tips:
- Email dinner reservations requests to the resort the week prior to your stay.
- Get your towels on some chairs by 8:00, especially for pool. Not a crazy as the Hilton, but drop them off before breakfast if you want a choice spot.
- Take the shopping trip, especially if you're looking for a watch. You're dealing with authorized dealers and can negotiate to 25-35% off retail.
- Even though it's all inclusive, do a little tipping. Staff works hard and they deserve it.
- Do not miss the comedy show night

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank EdHry67
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed March 2, 2011

More like a hotel than a resort. Closed in hallways instead of the open style I'm used too. No bamboo structures. Like any other city hotel (boring)...I wanted a hotel in Jamaica...one with sunlight and a breeze.

Servers in the restaurants were fantastic. Bartenders were standard, nothing special. Had to call front desk three times to get repairs to room. Myself and friends both never received room service after ordering it and waiting up late.

Food was SPECTACULAR! Average selection, but taste was the best out of any resort ever. Good selection of booze, lineups were usually a bit long though.

Hotel was extremely clean. Workers were sweeping stairs and raking the beach 24hrs a day. Rooms were spotless. Pillows were rock hard, my back was sore from day three on.

The ocean was warm, pool was cool. Difficult to find a lounge chair anywhere but the beach. Nice little vendor market right off the resort, just a walk down the beach.

Overall a fantastic place. I would love to go back but would definitely not pay any more than any other four star destination.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank BubbaCAN
Toronto
Reviewed March 2, 2011

We stayed at this hotel in February for a friends wedding and I can't say enough good things about it. The staff and Starfriends are exceptional people! The beach party on Saturday night was a blast and I didn't want it to end! So much fun!
The Hotel is beautiful, food was awesome....one day at the lunch buffet you had a choice between, roast ham, roast pork and chicken cordon blue! Rooms were large and kept very clean. Infinity pool was pristine and what a view standing in it looking out over the beach and water! It was a little on the expensive side compared to some other 5* hotels that we have stayed but having said that I do not regret it in the least. Enjoy!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Daac
Minnesota
Reviewed March 2, 2011

We just returned from our stay at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites from Feb 23rd-28th and we loved everything about our stay!

The resort was booked to capacity during our stay and we never had a problem finding chairs by the pool or on the beach. A couple of days I did get up earlier and go put our towels out, but it wouldn't have been completely necessary. Some days we would start out on the beach and then move to the pool area later, no problem finding chairs to put our stuff on. The pool was warm enough for me to actually sit in it, have gone to others where I could hardly stand to be in the pool! You can also go to the Beach resort, we actually preferred their swim-up bar area over the Suites because it's in the sun. The Suites swim-up is in the shade 99% of the time. But you can use them both, so you get the best of both worlds.

Our room was wonderful, we seemed to have an extra large king sized bed (if there is such a thing), it just seemed so wide, it was wonderful! We had a ground floor room, loved the door that separates the entry hallway from the main room. Really helped prevent any noise from the halls from filtering in, I slept like a rock! Plenty of storage space for your clothes!

We ate at the steakhouse *very good*, the mexican *get the beef tacos*, and the japanese *very good*. Otherwise we ate at the buffet or ordered room service. The breakfast buffet was delicious, they have an omelette station too! Drinks were great here, we brought our own larger thermal mugs because of past experience at all inclusives that have used small glasses for drinks. We didn't end up using our mugs because the glasses were plenty big enough here! It seems each bartender has their own "specialty" drink, so if you're looking for something different or aren't sure what you'd like, just ask them for their specialty!

We went to check out the spa one day, didn't have intentions of booking anything, but we used the wellness pools as they're included. Very nice and relaxing!!! We were the only ones in there, I don't think a lot of people utilize them.

We took the catamaran/snorkeling trip to Margaritaville. I would highly recommend it if you're looking for a few hours away from the resort. They took us to a reef just off the coast of Montego Bay, bluest water ever, it was so beautiful! We also took the 4-wheeling excursion. I think that was about 4 hours total away from the resort. It was a lot of fun with beautiful scenery. The only thing I didn't like was that when we were done we had to wait about 45 minutes for the people on the tubing excursion to get back before we could leave. No biggie as they have a bar there, but I just prefer to get going back.

All in all, this is a beautiful resort with great good and drinks, great staff, and plenty to do! Take a kayak out to the reef, it's just beautiful!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank valleybean
Perkasie
Reviewed March 1, 2011

This was our first trip to Jamaica and we're so happy we chose Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. What a beautiful hotel! We were so pleased with everything..the beach is beautiful and the pools are great! We really relaxed, slept well each night and the food was excellent. The staff is very friendly, helpful and make you feel special.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PerkasieJean
Roslindale, MA
Reviewed March 1, 2011

This was my first stay at this resort but 10th visit to Jamaica. As we only could get away for a short stay we chose this resort for being close to the airport. I was pleased with the size of the room.it was clean and spacious. The tv however did not work and within an hour I have a guy moving in a new tv. It was a drag to have to care about the tv but with a kid you do need it. I found the resort to have a strange layout. Almost very dining experience is inside away from their best asset- the ocean view. Aunt Rubys/Steakhouse is the closest and that's not what I expect when in Jamaica. The breakfast buffet dining room was the worst. They had me seated at a table with a view of the wall while 2 windows were left without tables in front. There is also a wall just built for design which again makes no sense. I found the food to be fairly good. I enjoyed the fresh fruits and veggies. Our best dinner experience was at the steakhouse. We also had a problem with my reservation. They had used my middle name for my last name and that seemed to be an issue they could not handle. When I requested they update my reservation to reflect my correct last name so people calling the hotel for could find me the front desk gal said she could not change it. I found I had to be pushy to get anything done at this resort and that is so not what Iwant when I go on vacation. Overall I made the vacation enjoyable for my family but Iberostar staff did not do much for our stay. Special thanks to Glenroy at the lobby bar. He was always pleasant and makes great drinks.

• Stayed February 2011
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!