4,831 results
All reviewsrose hall suitesmo mostar friendslazy riveraunt rubycrazy kennythe mediterranean restaurantmontego bayinfinity poolswim up barkids clubsteakwater polonoodlesentertainment staffbeach resortspecialty restaurants
Reviewed December 1, 2010

you just can't go wrong with an Iberostar resort. This was our 6th time staying at one of their resorts & our second time in this particular resort, the Rose Hall Suites.

We tried to get an upgrade to the Rose Hall Grand, but even though the place was pretty empty we couldn't the upgrade to the Grand, but they did give us a very nice ocean front suite.

As always the place was very clean & well maintained & the service was great. For great bartenders look for Ricardo & Rayon. Both guys were great. Ricardo was at the lobby bar when we stayed there, but they tell me that they move from bar to bar.

Being that we went in low season the resort was pretty empty, so they were only opening certain restaurants on certain nights. It was no big deal for us, as we ate at every place that we wanted to eat. The Japanese restaurant was great. We also ate at the Cajun, Mexican & Mediterenian restaurants. All were pretty good.

If you are looking for a nice trip to the carribean you will not be dissapointed with any of the Iberostar resort, but this in particular is very nice.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank El_Ocho1
Reviewed November 27, 2010

I just got back yesterday and my stay at Iberostar was amazing. The star friends were great... My favorites were happy feet, j a English, Kiki, jukebox, and momo. They were great! The hotel was clean and I'm a stickler for cleanliness. The food was good and the drinks were ok... Jules finally made me a great managers special. The entertainment was great. My only complaint was the smoking policy. You could smoke practically anywhere at this hotel and if you are allergic to smoke or are just offended by it, then you will be uncomfortable. We had to leave the theater and the jazz lounge one night early because the smoke was offensive. I felt that they should have had specific locations for smoking if they are going to allow it at all. I felt that it was very unfair for people that dont smoke to have to contend with that for an entire week. Besides that though, I really enjoyed the trip.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed November 26, 2010

We had a great time at this resort. It was our 2nd time. We actually were there 2 years ago and we had a fantastic time then and another fantastic time. We can't wait to go again. We have stayed at many resorts in the past 10 years (Iberostars, RIU's and the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana). This resort is tops. It is in great proximity to the airport, great food, great drinks, and great staff. The Starr Friends are unbelievable- Jukebox and Mo-Mo are the best. Jukebox just keeps it real all the time. They are so much fun and they are fantastic with kids and adults too. The kids just really warm up to all the starr friends. We traveled with family and friends and everyone just had a blast doing all the activities and hanging by the pool. We ate at the Steakhouse, Mexican, and the Meditteranean. All of them were very good. It started becoming more croweded as we approached Thanksgiving but everyone at the Iberostar handled the crowds very well. The workers in the buffet dining room on Thanksgiving night really were working hard to make sure everyone was having a great family holiday. We also had some awesome bartenders- Kevin, Romaine, and GlenRoy. My whole family loved it from my 70 year old mother to my son who is 13. Great times are to be had at this great resort. My friend and I did visit the spa for a great massage and a scrub that was very relaxing. Tip: if you did stay at the resort before (the suites) mention it on check in. I did and we received a bottle of wine , fruit, and Iberstar Tee shirts in our room with a great thank you letter. They really know how to take care of you.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank tabasco3
Reviewed November 24, 2010

Just came back from the best vacation ever. The room was beautiful, we had an ocean view even though we were in the "garden" section. Food was great - good variety - enjoyed the beach barbeque (twice). Specialty restaurants were great - enjoyed my made to order omelette every morning. Star friends are excellent. We are not typically "joiners" yet they had us up dancing and participating in all sorts of activities. Hope I can go back soon.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rhonda0034
Reviewed November 22, 2010

First time in Jamaica and I must say without a doubt if you are going you have to stay at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites!!! The Star Friends are extremely funny and made the trip that much better. They are so much fun!! When you get there look for Noodle, Kenny and Blanka they will go out of their way to make sure your having an awesome time. The pool bar tenders Ricardo and Leroy made sure that everyone was taken care of and having a good time. 5 o’clock shots were AWESOME and delicious. Ricardo even made me a Buju Banton C.D because I mentioned that I liked him and played it all day at the pool bar. When the bar closed he gave it to me to bring home. The rooms were amazing with double doors for added privacy, big balcony, flat screen T.V and a sitting room. Double sink bathroom with shower and seperate jacuzzi bath tub. Food was also awesome. The only thing I could say was okay was the waves. The beach is gorgeous and very clean but no waves. There are brakers out so the waves dont really slam the beach. But besides that eveything was phenomenal!!! Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple