“Paradise” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto
“Paradise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2010

I used trip advisor extensively to decide on a hotel/location for our holiday getaway so thought I should contribute a review to the site.

I just returned from a weeks vacation at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and must say that I had a fabulous time.

First, some information about the resort that I hope will help you to decide which property to stay at. There are 3 hotels all on the same property - they include the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Resort, the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and the Iberostar Grand Hotel. They are all located beside one another on the same strip of beach. Rooms at the suites are apparently more spacious than the beach hotel, and even more spacious at the Grand. Each hotel had its own buffet, pools and activities which were more or less the same. The hotels are all new - we were told they were all built within the last 3 years. If you stay at the Beach resort you have to stay at that part of the beach/that hotel - if you stayed at the Suites you had use of that hotel plus you could venture over to the Beach hotel if you wanted to...lastly, if you stay at the Grand, you can basically go anywhere on the property and have access into all of the hotels. The beach was the same and the ammenities at all the hotels were the same...so I think you'd only want to venture over to the other hotels if there was a particular show you were interested in seeing that was different from the one being put on at your hotel etc. It should be noted though that the Grand is an adults only hotel so that does set that hotel apart from the others.

The hotels are exceptionally well maintained. Everywhere you went, employees were working hard to keep it clean and beautiful. Our room was very comfortable and clean - couldn't have asked for more.

Employees worked very hard to make your stay enjoyable. They were friendly and professional.

Food was great- we ate at several a-la-carte restaurants but actually prefered the buffet in the end because it offered more selection. We ventured over to the Beach Resort buffet one night to see if it was any different- found it to be more or less the same in terms of quality and selection.

Hotel had something for everyone to pass the time in the evening - game room, casino slot machines, DVD rentals, cigar lounge, live shows, disco to name a few..

The only caution I can think of would be regarding noise during the day. There are speakers set up at the pool to play music during the day that could be heard on the beach, and activities were being run by someone talking into a microphone. It would be difficult to find a place where you couldn't hear this kind of noise as there are 3 hotels spread across the property. It didn't bother us, but if you are looking for a place that is quiet keep this in mind.

Hope this helps!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank CarmanSanDiego

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,018)
  • Czech first
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2010

My husband, 6 month old baby, and I stayed at the Suites for 5 nights at the beginning of March. We had a wonderful vacation and I think the Suites suits all kinds of travelers--families with babies, older children, couples, you name it. We picked the resort because of its proximity to the airport--because we were traveling with a baby, we wanted our travel experience to be as easy a trip as possible, and it was definitely super easy--we were checked in within half hour of landing, and the drive to the airport takes no more than 15 minutes.

So here are the details:

The complex--comprised of three hotels. We checked out all three. The Beach Hotel is definitely more energetic and lively... seems like the best place for young people or big groups. The Grand is luxurious but very quiet (and they definitely enforced the adults only rule--we tried to just walk along their beach with our baby and were not allowed). The Suites is pleasantly in the middle both geographically and in terms of the mix of people.

The beach--yes, it is manmade, but no, it is not as terribly small as some people make it out to be. I would say it's about a mile long. You can definitely take a nice 15 minute stroll one-way. The beach is kept clean and there are ample palapas and lounge chairs. The only disappointment I had about the beach was the barricades that prevented you from swimming very far out in the ocean (if you chose to abide by them).

The pools were beautiful, but the main pool was on the chilly side. I don't know if this has something to do with the time of year (the weather was warm but quite breezy while we were there) or if it's the way they keep it. We didn't go in that pool very much because it was chilly, although it did feel good on the one very hot day. The lazy river was a great temperature and a lot of fun. We only wish it were a little less lazy (it seemed like they only had half of the jets on), and more importantly, that they had more inner tubes for people to use--what's the point of a lazy river without enough tubes for people to actually use it?

The food was decent, but not fantastic. If you have ever been to an all-inclusive before you know what I mean. It's not bad food, it just gets old when you eat the same things day after day. Breakfast was quite good, with everything you could possibly imagine. Lunch was so-so, although the beach barbecues were fun. Dinner was decent at the buffet--you always had some kind of chicken, beef, fish, pork, lamb, and vegetarian options. The a la carte restaurants were fun too. We went to the steakhouse twice (delicious), the mediterranean once (ok) and the gourmet once (not good). It did not make sense that you had to make reservations for your entire stay when you arrived, especially since every night we went to an a la carte restaurant it was half empty.

The rooms were wonderful. The bathroom was enormous with a wonderful shower, tub and double sink. They provided bathrobes but no slippers. There was a little sitting area (slash baby crib room for us) between the bedroom portion and the balcony. Pretty much every room has an ocean view, even if it is not an official "ocean view" room.

The staff was friendly and engaging. There was always something to do if you wanted to be active. I enjoyed the late afternoon contests by the pool, but I did NOT like the beach party that went on until 11pm and kept everyone in the entire resort who was not on the beach from sleeping (the microphone was so loud it sounded like the party was on your balcony).

The resort was immaculately kept. The only other thing I would add was that there did not seem to be enough outdoor space for dining/drinking. While there was plenty of space on the beach and around the pools, every restaurant except for the lunch restaurant/steakhouse was completely inside. WIth the wonderful Jamaican weather I would have liked to have dined in the open air more. Other than your balcony and a small patio off the main lobby, there were not many outdoor places to sit to have a drink in the evening or coffee in the morning. It seemed to me like the Beach Hotel had way more outdoor social space.

I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone considering Montego Bay, especially if you are traveling with children and want an easy travel experience and decent value. This was my first Iberostar (after having visited a Riu, Riu Palace and Dreams) and I would definitely consider trying another Iberostar in the future.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank ecmberg
Wadsworth, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2010

Beautiful beach, friendly people, relax or have fun, everything you need is at this hotel!

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pamve
New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2010

My family and I stayed at the Iberostar Rose hall suites and could not believe the amount of hospitality there was. Everyone who worked at the resort regardless of if they were training there or worked there was fabulous. Always working hard and smiling all the time, it really made the trip extra special. Wilton Haye was a bar tender at the swim up bar and he was in training there and did a fabulous job! We could not have had a better vacation!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank steph0726
Hoboken, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2010

My husband Michael and I had our wedding at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites on March 6, 2010 - we brought 50 of our closest friends and family and the entire experience greatly exceeded our expectations. I can't say enough about the resort and it's staff - they are the most wonderful, pleasant, happy, helpful people. The wedding planning was as simple as possible, and everything was so reasonably priced, and was set up so beautifully - every detail thought of and taken care of - it really doesn't get any easier! In all my travels, never have I been at a resort/hotel where all the staff was so helpful, informed and resourceful; they could and did handle every type of customer and every type of situation. Our experience could not have been better: as we had 3 very young children, and the majority of the group in their thirties or sixties - there was always something for everyone to do! Even though I was the bride, and there were a few details to handle prior to the ceremony and party on site, I stil had plenty of time to play beach volley ball, ride the lazy river with our neice, make the most of the swim up bar and the spa! All the spa services were fantastic and again very reasonably priced. I highly recommend the couple's spa package - perfect for the day after the big day - the wellness spa booked just for the 2 of you followed by a couple's massage out on the balcony. And the food, the food at every restaurant was amazing, while some were a little better than others, you could always count on the buffet for a tremendous amout of choice and substance - and our 3 vegetarian guests were very pleased with how easy and satisfying their vegetarian choices were (something I was a bit worried about before hand). We also did the zip line tour, which is an experience I will never forget and am so glad we did. But you didn't have to leave the resort - it was magical and relaxing and fun at all times. The rooms were gorgeous - everyone had a balcony and a living room and you never heard your neighbors:). I would highly recommend Iberostar and this resort in particular - we truly fell in love with Jamaica and Iberostar and can't wait to plan another trip!! And free room service is a big plus and came in very handy!

Stayed March 2010
6 Thank bethy103
long point
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2010

we like to thank the wonderful staff at the iberostar beach resort, they are the people that truly made our vacation. We met a wonderful young girl Animeta who is a trainee there. The entertainment staff: strectch, kemstyle, jubba, cream and everyone else was a pleasure to meet you all. Chef Charley great job! Food was amazing.. Dwayne & Oral perfect bartenders... weather was great, do the tours invest the money! from big d, vanater, chunk, lil joe, and jefferey {midget} thanks guys..

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank jamacadian
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2010

If you are thinking of a destination wedding spot, this is a terrific choice. My wife and I had our wedding on the beach with over 50 family and friends present. We worked with Nicole, and she was very helpful throughout the planning process. Nicole also has a calm personality, which helps when the stress of the event starts to build. We had the incredible Chokey Taylor and his band play the reception, which was held at the Steakhouse. Overall, we enjoyed the food at several of the Iberostar restaurants we ate at during the week we spent in Jamaica, though the Mexican restaurant was our favorite. In addition, all of the Iberostar staff were great, including the front desk (Ndami?) and guest services (Malecia?) - sorry, I am horrible with names. We were beyond happy with all aspects of our wedding experience, and the beautiful property and wonderful staff played an immeasurable role in having a successful destination wedding. This is a place that will always be special to us, and we will look forward to returning.

• Stayed February 2010
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
3.5 of 5 bubbles 5,782 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!