“Best Resort to Stay in Montego Bay for families!”

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
“Best Resort to Stay in Montego Bay for families!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We had a marvelous time at Rose hall suites! The rooms are very spacious. The house keeping comes twice a day to clean your room. The entire staff was overly friendly and made it feel like home. You get well acquainted with them because they are there from Sun up to Sun down. To me they were the best part of the trip! We stayed entertained from start to finish and they even learned our names! We learned their names too! They provide a kids club ages 4-12 throughout the day and just recently at night! My husband and I had tons of alone time in moderation and family activities as well. All water sports were included and we went out almost everyday! Each night there was a show or something fun to do for the entire family or for couples the same. After our stay here we visited the Hilton Rose Hall and the experience there was second hand compared to Iberostar! You won't want to leave!!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Trevonne C
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR for your vacation. We are delighted to know that you had a great family vacation and we appreciate you taking the time to share with us and the online community your review of the experience you had here at the Rose Hall Suites Property in Jamaica.
Indeed we are thrilled to know that you had a great time with us. We will share with your review with the staff and congratulate them on their hard work towards ensuring that you had a great vacation experience. Once again we appreciate you choosing the IBEROSTAR and we look forward to seeing you again.

Online Reputation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,048)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is a long review. We just came back from a week here. There was a group of approx. 40 of us to attend my daughter's wedding. The staff is personable and friendly and the expectation is to tip so my husband kept the tips rolling from the word go. Good service is worth it so we had no issue with that. Bartenders are very good/attentive. First, lets touch on the food. The buffet is average. Some foods are very good, some, not so much, but the selection is plentiful and food was fresh. We dined at the gourmet restaurants as well (you need to make reservations for these, but honestly, don't waste your time ) The mediterranean was our first. You help yourself to apps, they bring you your entree ( which you order from the menu), you help yourself to dessert. There was approx. 16 of us. Anyone who ordered the salmon received it overcooked. My steak was fine, but that was the exception. Vegetables served with it were raw (potato/broccoli). The best part was when we ordered coffee, and they brought everyone's coffee with milk in it. We had to ask for black. Then just before 10 p.m. they turned out most of the lights in the restaurant and they had already cleared the apps and dessert buffet. Talk about rude. Didn't get a chance to ask for a second cup of coffee or have more dessert. Next night was mexican. Service was terrible, mostly just taco's on the menu but the appetizer buffet was good. Our meals were awful. 2 of us ordered some skewers of beef which the waiter poured alcohol on and lit on fire in our plates, ( while they were in front of us...........what!! that's not hazardous at all!) Tasted awful, all you could taste was the booze. Side veggies were raw again so I asked if they could cook them please. I got them back after dinner was over. A large party of about 30 came in and instead of being seated they were standing around socializing and speaking loudly around our table. They were doused in heavy colognes and perfumes. One person at our table had to leave the restaurant because of her asthma. We asked the manager, Carlos, if he could please ask them to be seated so the asthma sufferer could come in and finish her meal. He didn't seem to care and was very unprofessional. He shouldn't be running an establishment if he can't deal with customer issues. We left without dessert or coffee. Aunt Ruby's steakhouse was the next night. Steak was ok. I ordered medium rare, received well done, sent it back, came back cooked fine. Some others were grumbling about how it was cooked as well. Again, very undercooked veggies. We tried the Japanese restaurant next door on another evening. The experience was fun, but the food wasn't good at all!! The sushi was a joke, beef and chicken were overcooked, shrimp was overcooked. Octopus and white rice were fine. If you stick with that you'll be ok. Now for the wedding planner First of all, take a class in organization, and maybe one on accountability. I understand about island time, but, seriously, if you call yourself a wedding planner, and you charge a premium for a wedding package, should you not be on hand to handle any issues/conflicts that may arise. Why do the parents of the bride and groom have to talk to the wait staff about there being enough of a certain entree. Why do a few different people have to ask several times to bring out the champagne for the toast, and then when you finally do, you only bring 6 glasses out for 38 people? How can the server pouring wine ignore the fact that she spilled red wine on the family member sitting next to the bride , and, when it was pointed out to her, she didn't seem at all fazed and mumbled "sorry", and continued to move around the table pouring wine. I had to stop her and ask her to go get some club soda and a towel. What planet was she on!! We occupied a corner of the gourmet restaurant, and they definitely didn't have enough people working the floor because , as the wedding guests were waiting for service, the staff was busy waiting on other restaurant patrons. How ridiculous!!!!!!!! Can you please finish serving our meals before you move on to the rest of the people that came in later. I watched the woman who was cutting the cake and serving it after the newlyweds cut into it. Could she have looked any more miserable. She was cutting and slopping it on plates. To top it off, the wedding cake, which was 2 tiers was about one third served from the bottom layer, and the top layer was left intact for the newlyweds to enjoy the next day. THAT NEVER HAPPENED BECAUSE THE CAKE SEEMS TO HAVE VANISHED. The newlyweds called 3 times and waited over 2 hours before someone finally showed up with someone else's partially eaten cake. They turned it away and they said they didn't know where it was and they couldn't do anything. They complained at the front desk, and were met with the same excuse. Didn't do anything for them or take something off the bill to compensate for it. What a ripoff. I have to say, the rooms were very nice, the hotel is clean and the beach is beautiful. If you are a young family this is a good place for you. Personally, I have nothing against children, but when I go out to eat I don't want screaming children in the dining room seated next to me. If they are going to seat them, they should atleast keep them in one area of the restaurant so that those of us who don't enjoy screaming children can enjoy our meals/vacation. Sometimes, we would leave and come back later, but it wasn't unusual to go for dinner at 9 p.m. and still have crying, fussing children in the dining room. We, will NEVER go back to this place.

Room Tip: Don't get a room below the bar, you won't get any sleep. Some nights people were drinking an...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank 1ginag
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Hotel to celebrate the special occasion of your daughter’s wedding. We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your opinions on the hotel and the experience you had while vacationing with us.

We sincerely regret to know that you were not pleased with the food and service at our restaurants. We will have a deeper analysis of the issues that you have mentioned in your comments and forward them to the relevant management team of the hotel. This is certainly not a true depiction of the hospitality/service that we offer to our valued customers here at the Rose Hall Suites Property in Jamaica. In spite of all the complaint we are happy to know however that you found the staff to be friendly and the bartenders to be very good and attentive – We will congratulate them on their hard work.

We would like to use this medium and extend an apology for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Once again we appreciate you choosing IBEROSTAR and we look forward to seeing you again as we continue to improve our services throughout our property.

Gloucester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at The Suites for a week from 9th May, just in need of a break, and I had a fantastic time. On arrival, I was offered a lovely refreshing drink, and my room was ready, so it was straight to the room with the bellhop, who gave a great overview of the facilities.
On the room, very well proportioned, with a massive, comfortable bed, with a duvet (!), which I was delighted at (as was expecting sheets, which I always get tangled up in). Nice sitting area, and balcony over looking the kids pool, which was never a problem, as there were very few kids using it! My coffee machine was missing on arrival, but promptly appeared when mentioned at reception. I also noticed my balcony light wasn't working (having hunted for a switch), and maintenance dealt with that whilst I was at dinner, leaving a note to say they'd been.
Being on my own, I didn't see the point in booking reservations for dinner, so generally ate at Aunty Ruby's for lunch, as it was nice looking out to sea, and at the main buffet for dinner. Great service, and Dianne didn't even need to ask by the third night... "Table for one, white wine coming up!". The food was varied, a couple of nights I will admit, I didn't really like the look of anything so resorted to grilled chicken, chips and salad (which was lovely, if not v Jamaican!), but I can definitely recommend the stir fry on Chinese night! The jerk pork I tried was a bit dry, and talking to a Caribbean guest, it wasn't just me over powered by the heat in it!
The beach was lovely, but quite windy, so I spent most the week around the pool. There are ladies taking bar orders by the pool, and they can sometimes take a while, but my suggestion, if you're that desperate, get off your *sun bed* (Trip advisor won't let me use the word I want to!), walk 20 steps and get it yourself!! The Star Friends provide some great entertainment around the pool too, and are really chatty, but in my experience, knew when to give up trying to drag you into an activity!! They also put on great shows nightly, so go and see at least one!! So many thanks to Professor, China, Sweetness, and behind the scenes, Ana, for stopping for a chat/lunch and being generally lovely people x
At the bars, special thanks go to Donald, David and the afternoon girls in the Lobby Bar, who were always a laugh a second!
The "disco" was hilarious, especially on a wedding night (which was most nights!!), reminded me of my younger days, that's for sure!!
I think that pretty much wraps it up, only one last thing... If you don't like loud, over exuberant wedding groups (of Canadians in particular), don't stay here!! There were at least five big wedding parties when I stayed, and I actually thought it was funny people watching, but I could guess that the over loud, shouting across the pool conversations were grating on other guests! But if you can cope with fun, rest, relaxation and having a great time, this is the place to be!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank Gemma L
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing IBEROSTAR. We would like to thank you for taking the time to send us your comments on your experience you’ve encountered here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites property.

We thrilled to know that you were satisfied with your room and overall stay here with us. It is great to know that you enjoyed our Steakhouse and Buffet Restaurants. We will share your review with the staff and congratulate in particular Dianne, Professor, China, Sweetness and Ana for their contribution towards making your stay such a wonderful one.

Once again thank you for choosing the Iberostar Suites and we look forward to seeing you again.

Jamaica, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I came here for a destination wedding. We stayed for 4 nights 5 days. The grounds are pristine and luxurious. It makes you move slowly without a care in the world. Parts of the beach are very rocky and hard to walk on but not everywhere. Once you find a clear path to the shore, the water is so soothing and serene as you soak in the sun. Be sure to catch one of the jerk bbqs on the beach where there is a delectable buffet full of lip smacking finger licking Jamaican cuisine with a live steel band playing as you eat. It's seriously amazing and delicious. The can easily get lost in the infinity pool all day as you make countless rounds to the swim up bar. Warning! Your drinks will NOT be watered down. A few sips will have you feeling irie. They want you to feel good and have a good time! I found the food at the buffet to be really good and satisfying with tons of variety. And I was happy to see Jamaican dishes at every meal. Their night club Mangos is open to the wee hours of the night and is much more fun than I anticipated. You will party all night long. I would run back to this place in a heartbeat. However, I would not say that it is particularly a romantic couples getaway. There are romantic aspects such as their spa, with a wellness pool and jacuzzi and pool room that it included in your stay! Don't forget to check it out! But the resort is much more appropriate for families because it is very child friendly. My 2 yr old is still talking about and wants to go back. A great choice if you are going to Jamaica and it's only 10 min from the airport!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank melucky385
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire team here, we would like to thank you for choosing the IBEROSTAR for your family vacation . We appreciate you taking the time to send us your comments on your experience here in Jamaica at our Rose Hall Suites property. As a top class hotel in such a competitive hospitality geographical location we always seek to ensure that we provide our valued guest with the best and most outstanding service that exceeds their expectation.

We are pleased to know that you found our grounds pristine and luxurious and delighted to know that you enjoyed our Beach BBQ here on property as well as the Buffet Restaurant. We are also thrilled to know that your son enjoyed his time here as we always seek to provide our kids with a great experience as much as our teenagers and adults.

Once more thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR and we look forward to seeing you again.

North Ferrisburg, Vermont
Reviewed May 26, 2014

This is our second time to the resort. We absolutely love it! We visited in May 2010 and had a wonderful time and decided this is where we wanted to get married - so we did! Our wedding was 11/17/13 and it was perfect! Every detail that we gave the wedding coordinators was met or exceeded our expectations!

This is a great resort for families and couples. The resort isn't really geared towards kids, which we liked (because we don't have any), but there was a play structure/small water park around the corner from the resort, I think a lot of the families stayed at the beach resort. There were a few families with small children and they seemed to be occupied. There is a shallow section to the pool that goes up to your knees or so and that's where the small children were. We honestly didn't venture too far away from the bar! :) The drinks and bartenders were amazing! We did tip our bartenders every day because they truly work VERY hard, however, it is certainly not expected.

The food and service was amazing! The rooms were great, watch out - the floors are VERY slippery when wet. We had an ocean front suite and we loved it, we were upgraded from ocean view to ocean front. If you ask for upgrades you will typically get them if they have room. We ordered room service quite a few times late night after we got back from the club, and the food was really good!

I would definitely recommend taking the hotel shuttle to the Montego Bay shops. You can definitely negotiate price with the vendors! We got a lot of last minute wedding supplies there: cigars, liquor, jewelry, photo albums etc. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes.

We visited Montego Bay and Negril during this trip and we really enjoyed Negril better. There was a lot less hustle and bustle there, it seemed more relaxing and peaceful. The ocean was also a lot more blue and there were less waves. All and all this resort is great and will definitely be visiting again in the future!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chelsea C
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for returning the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and choosing our hotel for your destination wedding. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us and the online community a review of the experience you had here. We are also thrilled to know that you had the wedding of your dreams and it did exceed your expectation

It is great to know that you enjoyed the service provided by our bartenders and the food that the resort offered. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your room and received the upgrade which you asked for.

Once again thank you for giving us the opportunity to host such a very special occasion as your wedding and we look forward to seeing you again.

Windsor, Canada
Reviewed May 23, 2014

The hotel is very uncoordinated and the staff doesn't try to fix their mistakes when they make them. I had my wedding here and they were terrible. The wedding coordinator, Nicole, was great. But everything else was sub par. They didn't play the right music when I walked back up the aisle, we were waiting 20 minutes at the reception dinner for champagne to be brought to the tables. They kept making drinks for the other guests at the restaurant. And the worst part was the poor service of the delivery of the wedding cake. They kept the top tier and say to call them and they will send it to your room. So we called at 10pm the night before we were leaving, they said no problem its on its way. One hour goes by, I called and they said it was still on its way. Another half hour goes by and we get a knock at the door. They tried to give us someone else's half eaten cake. It didn't even have the same flowers as ours so I know it wasn't ours. They say "well that's all I can find. I'll go look again". One more hour goes by and I call again, they said they couldn't find it and I'll have to wait till tomorrow. Well, I leave in the morning so thanks Iberostar for losing my cake and making me wait 2.5 hours in my room for nothing. And when I asked if there was anything they could do to fix this, they said no. Poor customer service, at least offer to send up some champagne or pastries. I'm so disappointed in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank amanda g
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suite Hotel to host such a memorable event in your life. We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your opinions on the hotel and the experience you had while here on your vacation. We are pleased to know that you found the wedding coordinator to be a great at what she does we will indeed congratulate her for her hard work.

We sincerely regret to know that you were displeased with the service that was offered during your stay here and especially at your wedding. We will have a deeper analysis of the issues that you have mentioned in your comments. This is certainly not a true depiction of your hospitality/service that we offer to our valued customers here at the Rose Hall Suites property in Jamaca.

We would like to use this medium and extend an apology for the inconvenience experience. Once again we appreciate you choosing IBEROSTAR and we look forward to seeing you again.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went for the long weekend in Feb and was really impressed with everything from food to cleanliness and service! And I am very picky when it comes to cleanliness (as most moms are!) there's three resorts right beside each other - Iberostar rose all beach, suites and grande. The beach resort was more so the younger crowd and the most inexpensive of all three but that did not affect the quality of the resort. Very well decorated and neat amenties around the bottomed floor. Rose hall suites is in the middle. This one is really family oriented but still had a mature enough feeling that didn't make me feel like I wasn't staying at a fancy YMCA for the weekend. Like all three resorts, there was an infinity pool onto the beach but the suites resort had a lazy river, a kids club and water park (you can only use the water park if you stay at the suites hotel)
The grande was adults only and much more expensive. Apparently you had a butler but I didn't see what was all that special other than no kids. Still a nice section of the resort.
It's kind if set up as a hierarchy. If you stay at the beach resort, you have access to the beach resort beach and amenities/ restaurants only. If you stay at the suites resort you have access to the suites beach and the beach resort beach and both restaurants and amenities. If you stay at the grande, you have access to all three!
Only downside is the beach isn't really long, but it's big enough for a good 10-15 min stroll. Only downside is they played music right on the beach all day. So you couldn't really just relax and hear the waves.
Food was amazing ! Omelettes for days!
I have two young children and kind of a paranoid mother but I would definitely bring my children for a stay at this resort and planning to next winter!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Twinmom23
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager, we would like to use this opportunity to express our sincere appreciations to you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for your vacation

We are extremely proud to know that you were impressed with everything; from the food to the cleanliness and service our wonderful staff offers. We will congratulate them on their efforts in making your experience an enjoyable and unforgettable one.

We have noted your comments about the music playing on the beach and will forward it to the relevant department head. Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and for having chosen to vacation with us. We look forward to seeing you again as we continue to improve our services.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
3.5 of 5 bubbles 5,915 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!