“Beautiful but far from perfect”

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Parry Sound, Canada
“Beautiful but far from perfect”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We went to Jamaica thinking it was going to be similar to Mexico we were wrong. This is a very well kept resort. The Resort is very clean but its missing something. Being that the resort is sooo close to the main road you can hear the sirens while sitting on the beach for me that's not really what I want in the resort. The other really BIG issue that I had at this resort is that our 17 year old was constantly asked if he wanted to buy some weed whenever he came down to the beach something we never ever had a problem with in Mexico, and this came from the staff from the resort. The staff was somewhat rude at times. Jamaica is not what I was expecting and we will never return. Mexico is the place to go. Mexico is cheaper and better!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank habsfan4me
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites hotel for your family vacation. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us and the online community a review of the experience you had her at the Rose hall Suites Property in Jamaica. We are pleased to know that you’ve found this resort be very well kept.

Regarding the issue you’ve mentioned about your 17 yrs old son constantly been offered weed; I would just like to use this medium and extend an apology for this inconvenience and also to let you know that such action is strictly unacceptable, and we have very strict policies and actions once it is brought to our attention that a team member partakes in such deeds . We will forward this comment to the management team, and once again thank you for choosing us we look forward to seeing you again.

Online Reputation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,064)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Very nice & clean room and friendly staff. A small reef right off the beach provided a nice easy snorkel. The food was outstanding and the excursion office staff was very helpful. We wanted for nothing!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Shirley M
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to share with us and the online community the great time you had hear at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Jamaica. We are indeed happy to know that you found the food outstanding and staff very helpful. We are look forward to see you again to extend our highest level of hospitality while staying with us.

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

I should have written this last year.
Went in Oct 13. Amazing food, pool bar was amazing and staff were always polite and friendly. We upgraded to Ocean View and it was worth it.
Food/Room Service is available 24/7 and I when I sent an email letting the hotel know about my girlfriends birthday, she recieved a complimentary mini cake.
October means not crowded. The sea/sand was amazing and is reserved for guests only.
Big shout out to Shane who sailed us out to a sand bar.
The resort and hotel is beautiful.
Star friends worked tirelessy to provide entertainment.
Only criticism would be that one member of staff continually moaned and hinted towards us giving them money etc. Be firm and polite.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We would like to extend or sincere appreciation for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites hotel in Jamaica. We also would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and the online viewers of Trip Advisor the experience you had here at the Rose Hall Suites property. We are indeed glad to know that you found this resort to be a great one.
Regarding your issue that was mentioned about one of our staff soliciting to an extent we would like to just use this medium to extend our apologies for the inconvenience of such and assure you that this type of behavior has a zero tolerance and will be addressed.

Once again thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR and we look forward to seeing you again.

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This was our first time staying at an all-inclusive resort, and its not really for us. It really made us feel like we were isolated from the island. The service was good. This hotel employs a lot of people to keep everything clean and the drinks flowing. Most of the staff did not look you in the eye. People were helpful, but distant. I suppose this is in part because there is not a lot of tipping because everything is already paid for. Our room was very nice, even though we did not have a view of the sea. (We were there for a wedding, and we reserved late. There are a LOT of weddings there). As another reviewer noted, the beach in front of the hotel is filled with pebbles, and you can find a smoother, nicer beach by walking either left or right. (However, if you walk to the left, you come to the Grand, where you cannot use the facilities because that is the higher cost hotel in the complex.) So, I suggest walking down the beach to the right and picking a spot.
The food is plentiful and decent, but nothing is outstanding. There is a lot going on and everything is good quality, just nothing special. It is a beautiful spot.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank TomM1951
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR for your vacation. We are happy to know that you have choose Iberostar for your first all-inclusive vacation. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us and the online community a review on the experience you had here at the Rose Hall Suites property in Jamaica.

We are pleased to know that you found everything on the resort to be of good quality. This indeed motives us as a top brand hotel chain to continue providing our excellent service to our valued guest here while staying with us. We will congratulate the staff who’ve contributed towards ensuring that you had a satisfactory experience. We look forward to seeing you again.

Dallas, Tx
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I highly recommend the Suites!! When I arrived to this property, I was very impressed with the welcome I received. Staff was extremely nice. I arrived early, my room was not ready, however, they gave me my band and was able to access the property amenities while my room was being prepared for me. It was a short wait. The bellman escorted me to my room and the room was breathtaking! Extremely clean, cool and very roomy. The Star Friends are extremely nice. I met China, Sweetness, VIP, OMG, Professor and Tasha. It's their job to be nice, however, I feel they went over and beyond to make sure I had a smile on my face at all times. The ENTIRE STAFF AT THE SUITES WERE SUPERB! The entertainment was great also. There is a huge variety of food for everyone...especially the picky ones like me. I am not a fan of kids when I am on vacation, however, they have a separate area for them, so you only see them sparingly! I decided to upgrade to the Grand for Adults only and to experience the Grand for the butler service. I will review separately.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank CharMac09
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR for your vacation. We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and the online community the great time you had here at the IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Suites property in Jamaica.

We are delighted to hear that you have had a wonderful vacation as this motivates us to continue providing our valued guest with the best hospitality service throughout their entire stay. We will share your review with the staff and in particular the entertainment team you’ve mentioned China, Sweetness, VIP, OMG, Professor and Tasha and congratulate them all on adding such memorable value to your vacation.

Once again thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR and for recommending the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Brilliant holiday. Excellent service from all staff. 2 staff members in particular gave excellent service and were very attentive these were Gambon in buffet and Donald who worked behind the bar an asset to the hotel.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Sue G
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and the online community your experience you had a the Iberostar Rose hall Suites property here in Jamaica. We are indeed pleased to know that you had a great time with us and we will definitely congratulate the above mentioned staff (Gambon and Donald) on their hard work and attentiveness when serving you. Thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Currently staying at the Iberostar suites, loving it! Great food, great surroundings and excellent service! The staff are outstanding and make a real difference to your holiday. Lots of names I could mention but stand out staff is Donald on the bar, excellent!!!!

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Colette D
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the staff and management here at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites we would like to thank you for letting us know that you are loving your stay with us thus far as we continue to show our hospitality to you our valued guest. Thank you for your feedback and we will certainly congratulate the staff on their hard work in ensuring that you are having an amazing time at this resort especially Donald from the bar who you’ve mentioned providing excellent service. Please do not hesitate to contact the guest services should in case you need any assistance for the duration of your stay thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
#19 of 63 in Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!