“Incredible Vacation BUT....”

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I'm giving my overall experience a 5, but I will still go ahead and mention items that were less than amazing so others can get a feel for what to expect. First the amazing things.

The room...we had the best room there aside from the presidential suites. The view was the most amazing view I have ever seen. We were top floor, 4th, and we had a complete panoramic view...sunrise and sunset...absolutely gorgeous. I don't always go for ocean front, but I absolutely believe it is worth it. We paid an extra $400 for ocean front. Double sinks in the bathroom, very nice to have. Shower was spacious. The bed was so comfortable and I think it was a huge CA King...slept wonderfully.

The pool. I have never been in such an amazing pool. Usually you have to choose between pool and beach but with the pool being so close to the beach, you could sit at the infinity end of the pool and feel like you were on the beach. Kudos to whoever designed the pool, it is gorgeous. And the swim up bar included makes it a spot you never want to leave.

Maid service: The maid service was great. They always cleaned our room quickly in the morning. And stocked our bar daily...although we tip pretty well. Tipping at an all inclusive might annoy some people (as I've read) but it's a fact you'll get better service, so skip tipping at your own risk. We always take many $1s and $5s

Star Friends: This is the 2nd Iberostar we've been to. We love the Star Friends. They are there to make sure you have a good time and we always participate in the fun. We love it. I will say that comparing the Iberostar in Jamaica to the one in Punta Cana, the star friends in Jamaica are WAAAAYYYY more laid back. The performances didn't seem as good and the entertainment was very lax...but we still enjoyed them and think that having an entertainment staff at a resort like this is great.

Music bar: This is the nicest bar I've ever been in...ever. It was so nicely decorated and comfortable. I only wish the resort utilized it a little more. Nothing starts in this bar until after 10pm. But those of us that have kids (not with us) still got bed pretty early out of habit. So it would be great to get some live music in this bar earlier and really utilize this space...it is such a nice bar.

Photographers: If you would rather not carry your camera everywhere for candids...don't. There is always a photographer nearby that will take any pics for you and you can gather them all up at the photo station and buy the lot or just some or print any you want. Of course there is a fee, but it didn't seem too outrageous to me. We bought a few.

Activities: There is always something to do...spa, game room, beach, pool, volleyball, soccer, cigar bar, music bar, horshoes, fitness, water sports, water aerobics, and on and on and on.

The not so great things:
The beach...while beautiful it is probably last on my list of nice beaches I've been to. It's just so rocky and not at all maintained. It's also pretty small. I liked the beach in Punta Cana better as it wasn't private so you could walk and walk and walk along other resorts.

The laid back attitude of the staff. While some people might like this, I was not fond of it. I think I filled my water and coffee myself about 8-10 times while there. They will fill it initially, but as far as refills, you're getting up to get it yourself. The wait staff in the bars seems annoyed as well, it was very odd at times. I love the "No problem" attitude, but when you've paid a substantial amount of money to visit a resort, I'd like a little more attention to detail and a little sense of urgency to make guests more comfortable. In Punta Cana the grounds were immaculate at all times and people were constantly refilling whatever I was drinking. At the Suites, they left last nights mess lay around until about 10am the next day. So cups everywhere, bathrooms uncleaned until the next day, pool floaties, area around the beach chairs, etc. Again, just a different kind of attitude...very laid back, we'll get to it when we get to it.

The pool music...please please please consider creating multiple playlists of songs. I think I heard the same string of music over 80 times in the course of the week while we were there.

Overall it was a great experience and we might return someday. For the price I think the better value might be the Iberostar in Punta Cana. I will say that I do love Iberostar in general and its great to have a name you can trust for a resort!

Room Tip: Go for 4th floor ocean FRONT if you have the extra money...love love loved the view!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank JenK424
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the staff and the entire management team at IBEROSTAR Rose Hall Suites, we would like to use this opportunity to express our sincere appreciations to you for not only choosing our lovely resort to spend your vacation, but also for taking the time to send us your comments on how your vacation went with us.

We are thrilled to know that despite the few issues you have mentioned, you enjoyed your overall stay with us here at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. It is gratifying to know that you enjoyed your room with such spectacular view; the maid service, our activities and our pool.

As it relates to the beach rocks; occasionally the tide brings many rocks to our shores and we try our best to rid the beach of them periodically. We sincerely apologize if you felt like the staff was not attentive enough in the areas you mentioned as this is not the standard we strive to uphold here at the IBEROSTAR Suites property. In addition we’ve also noted a few issues you have mentioned which we will forward to the relevant department head.

We hope that we will once again have the absolute pleasure of hosting you at our resort so we may prove to you, our sincere commitment to excellent customer service and satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again here at the Rose Hall Suites Property.

Online Reputation Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,497)

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We were there at the end of April celebrating ours daughters college graduation, my 50th bday, and our 26th anniversary. The resort was absolutely beautiful. My husband and I have been to many island's, but Jamaica is now on the top of our list. Our room was on the 4th floor with the most beautiful view of the ocean. The room was spacious with even a separate 2nd master bedroom. The grounds were well maintained and pools including the lazy river were amazing. The beach and waters were beautiful and take advantage of kayaking in the ocean daily. Make sure you also take full advantage of all the daily activities like the water aerobics, dancing at the pool deck, volleyball and even horseshoes on the beach. The staff is so sweet and energetic getting you involved in everything they have to offer. Within a day or so, they already knew our names. Peaches, Sweetness, MoMo, and Professor were awesome. The food was good with the steakhouse on the beach being #1, followed by the Seafood and Mexican restaurant, and the buffet never failed us morning, noon or night with always having a wonderful variety of food to select from. Definitely take advantage of the daily drink specials. We tried them all and then some.... Another important feature that isn't really mentioned but there is free Wi-Fi in the room which our daughter took advantage of keeping in touch back home. Would love to come back to this resort AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: 4TH Floor had awesome views and were very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Holdm2014
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

Dear Guest

We are delighted to know that we were selected as the destination of choice for your vacation and we would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to celebrate all of your special occasions. Thank you for taking the time to write your review here on Trip Advisor about the vacation experience you encountered here at the resort.

Indeed we are thrilled to know that you had an awesome vacation and is pleased with the daily activities that is offered by the entertainment team whom you’ve mentioned: Peaches, Sweetness, MoMo, and Professor . We will share your review with them and congratulate them for providing such great service throughout your stay here.

Once again we appreciate your time here at the Rose Hall Suites hotel and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

My daughter and I have traveled somewhat extensively throughout the Caribbean and Mexico. Without a doubt, this was the best vacation we have ever had. Here are my pros and cons:
Pros: Great people (love Diane -Seating hostess in buffet, Peaches, Mo Mo, Professor - Star friends, our cleaning staff in Room 4425, the grounds keepers, the staff who are always cleaning the floors, windows, walls, etc. etc.), the hotel was so very very clean, the pools awesome, the swim up bar, great service, great drinks (love the selection), the food - best AI we have ever had, including the BBQ on the beach (shout out to Lennox at the lunch buffet), the beach - perfectly suitable for walking in the morning, the beds - amazingly soft (wish I could have brought it home), the shows OK and loved when the Star friends got people up to dance.
I could go on and on, as there is so much more goodness that came from this trip. I especially want to thank Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for arranging and providing outstanding support during the booking process and for making the celebration of my daughters 23rd very memorable.
Cons: NONE, nada, nope...can't find one.

Run quickly to your travel agent or your computer and book this hotel, you will not be disappointed. We already have plans to return in 2 years when my daughter is finished college.

One more thing, I highly recommend the MoBay lounge at the Montego Bay airport, we were through customs/security in 16 minutes with a refreshing drink, nibbles and cold cloth waiting for us.

Room Tip: We had room 4425 and would recommend travels to get a room on the 3rd or 4th to get the best view...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank sarshe62

Dear Guest,

From all of us here at the IBEROSTAR Rosehall Suites, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR for your vacation. We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us and the online community as this gesture is of great help to our future potential guests.

We are thrilled to know that you’ve found the Rose Hall Suites property to be a great one with a host of great staff who contribute significantly towards ensuring that you have a memorable and amazing vacation experience.

We will share your review with them and congratulate them on their hard work especially the above mentioned (Diane, Peaches, Mo Mo, Professor , our cleaning staff in Room 4425, the landscaping team, and all the staff who are always cleaning) We look forward to seeing you again thank you once more for choosing IBEROSTAR.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

If you compare Iberostar suites in Jamaica to a 5 star hotel in Las Vegas you can only give this resort 3 stars. The beach is very rcky but the sea itself was clear and warm. The food was mediocre. There were no professional shows only the pool staff doing a decent job to entertain. The suites were lovely but the showers only gave tepid or cold water. The lighting was atrocious in the rooms, and the corridors. Also You had to be careful not to slip on the wet floors. The positive aspects besides the great weather were the grounds are beautiful and the security kept the place free of beggars and harassing vendors.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Michelle L
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing the Iberostar Suites Property here in Jamaica. We would like to thank you for taking the time to send us your comments on your experience at our hotel.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel grounds however as it relates to the beach rocks; due to forces of nature beyond our control occasionally the tide brings many rocks to our shores and we try our best to rid the beach of them. We sincerely regret hearing about your disappointment in the shows, lighting and showers in the rooms. Your comments have been noted and will be forwarded to the management as we continue to improve our service and facility as we go along.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Spotless property with phenomenally friendly staff. Food at the buffet was adequate. We ate there the first night we arrived for convenience. The lunch buffet was good. Lots to choose from for breakfast. Steak house is outside so the night we chose this restaurant it was extremely hot so we opted to chose to eat at the sister property. You can chose to use both the Suites and the property next door. Beach is beautiful. There are large rocks going into the water, but once you pass them, the water is perfect. The beach is private so no issues with anyone bothering you if you swim or walk the beach, which is a major plus in Jamaica. The lazy river did not move and the whirlpool had no bubbles. We have been to other properties which have had both, and this was the one down side to the property. There is a show each night and the staff really gets the audience involved. It is a lot of fun. The resort is large, so be prepared to walk a bit. The bartenders are great and show their appreciation when you tip them. We met in Jamaica twenty five years ago and it is our twentieth anniversary which we made the front desk aware. We were sent a bottle of champagne the day after we arrived. Nice touch. The resort states a casino which is about eight slot machines and an individual who gives you your money when you cash out. Not what we expected. If you are booking any tours, see Barbara, she is terrific. Great resort, great food, great staff, great stay.

Room Tip: We had an ocean view room which we could only see from one part of our balcony. That is considered...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WeLoveTraveling23

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager. We would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR to celebrate your 20th Anniversary. As a top brand hotel chain it pleases us to know that you’ve found our property to be a spotless one with a phenomenally friendly staff.

We would like to extend our appreciation for sharing with us and the online community your experience here at the Rose Hall Suites Property in Jamaica.
We are pleased to know that you’ve found our facility a great one. We will share your review with the staff and congratulate them on their efforts in ensuring that you had a great vacation.

We look forward to seeing you again and once more thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Great property, well maintained, food is good not great except for breakfast buffet and French restaurant and dinner buffet. Steak house is good, Mexican not great. Big beautiful beach, lots of chairs and shade and private. No venders bothering you on beach. Beach has some small rocks ,stones when entering water, water beautiful. We stayed in early May and there was some children, if you can afford it, go to adult's only Grand hotel.
we travel a lot and live in NY so we know food and hotels, temper expectations and you will enjoy this hotel, food and beach. Overall a 4+ out of 5. Great employee's!! Nadine in French restaurant is a great server!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Ripple93
SantoValdez, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR for your vacation. We are pleased to know that you had a great time here at the Rose Hall Suites Property here in Jamaica. Thank you for sharing your opinions on our restaurants and also review on our overall property and what it had to offer. We will forward your comments to our staff and congratulate them on their efforts in ensuring that you have a great time especially the waitress Nadine at the French Restaurant. Once again thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We just returned from Iberostar Rose Hall having stayed multiple times and it feels as comfortable as home. Returning guests are treated like royalty starting with in room food trays and welcome back gift.The staff are outstanding and they all welcome us back with hugs and smiles. Guest service people are always available to assist. Front desk people are courteous and efficient - nice when coming here after a long flight to check in. The chefs are talented and accommodating and within reason will fix anything special you might need (I am gluten-intolerant and have no problems here). Rooms are quite spacious and always kept clean and tidy. I am a diver and in part keep coming back because of the outstanding Dressel Divers operation here. Safety is first and customer satisfaction is a close second - as it should be. Also very accommodating folks here who go out of their way to assist you and provide a varied diving experience by using a multitude of reefs so there is always interesting variety. The boats are comfortable and fast and reach most reefs with only about 10 minute trip.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are great - nice for drying scuba gear
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the hotel staff and in particular the manager we would like thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites once again for your vacation. Your loyalty is much appreciated. We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us and the online community the experiences that leave an indelible mark and give you reasons to keep returning to the Rose Hall Suites Property in Jamaica. We are indeed thrilled to know that you had another great vacation experience.

We will share and congratulate the staff on their contributing hard work in ensuring that you had another amazing vacation. Once again thank you for choosing us again and we look forward to seeing you again as we continue to provide our valued guest with the highest level of hospitality while vacating with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!