“We love Jamaica” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Buffalo, New York
“We love Jamaica”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and I travelled to Jamaica for the first time this March. We were impressed with the people; the hotel; the airport and especially the weather. The Iberostar Suites were fabulous. The food was fantastic. The buffet every morning offered fresh and delicious food. The wait staff was kind and courteous too. We made reservations at the Japanese Restaurant, the Mediterranean Restaurant and the Gourmet Restaurant. All of which were great! We had great drink service at the pool and on the beach. The room was well equipped and comfortable. The only thing I would complain about is the lighting. There wasn't enough light in the bathroom (especially for applying makeup). The hotel was accommodating and fun. We will definitely return!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

1 Thank MareJer
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for your vacation. We appreciate you taking the to share with us and the online community your experience here at the Rose Hall Suites property here in Jamaica. It pleases us to know that you had a great time & was satisfied with the great service that was offered by the hotel. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,017)
  • Czech first
Kenosha, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

All I have to say is WOW!!! I thought my first time was the best but my second was even better, everyone(my Friends) lectured me on why I was staying at the same place twice, I replied because I loved it there so much and they made us feel like family when we went. Well sure enough when we returned most of the employees remembered us right away and that made us feel extra special. BIG BIG BIG reason we came back was the star friends they make you their family on your trip. Sting Ray went above and beyond to make sure we were always having fun, OMG always made us feel welcome as well and very good with the children. MO Mo as last time had us laughing at all times. Peaches made my kids the happiest kids ever and my kids will never let us stay no where else they claim him as their big brother. The professor always made sure my kids and us were having fun and taught us many words that my kids learned and are teaching all their friends now (great Memories), my kids were sad when Professor had the day off, as they loved him as well. Cupid and VIP cant leave them out as they also entertained us or sat down to talk to us.Roseann our waitress I can not say enough about her she was always there when you needed her, I always knew when she was not there because waitress service was poor if she was off.Out door bartenders are very fun and entertaining. those workers work hard very hard they deserve to be tipped every once in awhile do they expect it absouletley NOT, do they deserve a couple bucks here and there YES. suggestions I would make, a little more night life outdoors maybe closing out door bar at 8:00 and just letting people hang out on the beach if you dont want people swimming at night. not that I am knocking Raphel but I come to Jamaica because I love the culture there, I don't want to hear Spanish when I go to the show If I was in Mexico sure but I am in Jamaica i want to hear YA Maan!! Iberostar take good care of your Star friends and good staff members, that is who keeps us coming back, on our last day my whole family cried like babies saying goodbye to the workers as they have become a part of our family as we were so sad to leave them.To be honest I am crying typing this as I am still sad we had to leave this wonderful resort filled with such wonderful workers that I mentioned above I owe it all to them for making our trip so fantastic and because of them we will be back sooner than later I have already marked my calendar for our return trip.A Big thank you to all my Star friends, waitress & bartenders for making our trip even more memorable than the last, It's people like you that make our decisions to keep coming back over and over. I love Jamiaca I love Iberostar YAH MAAN!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Trish T
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to share with us and the online community the experience you had here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Jamaica. On behalf of the staff and in particular the Manager we would like to thank you for choosing this resort for your vacation spot and your Loyalty is much appreciated. It is always our pleasure to welcome back our repeat guests, and to create more memorable moments.

We will definitely congratulate the above mentioned staff who made a significant contribution towards your vacation and ensuring that you had a great and memorable time; Sting Ray, MoMo, OMG, Professor,Peaches & VIP and also Rose-Anne who was the Waitres. We’ve also noted sone suggestions you’ve mentioned that we will take into consideration and address; once again we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for your vacation and we highly anticipate seeing you again

Regina, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

We spent one week in February at this great resort. We have previously stayed at the Rose Hall Grand, however, we were unable to book that hotel thru our travel provider, so Suites it was. The hotel is very clean from poolside to your room. The food was fantastic, you never went hungry, they had food for all types of appetites.
There is also lots of chairs by the pool and beach, you didn't have to run down at 6:00 am to get a spot, it was great.
Klema and Rosanne by the pool, what great waitresses, we had so much fun, and learned alot about Jamiaca from these two young ladies. They never got tired of our questions and curiousity. Klema was telling us about the coconuts, and how they are used in their cooking, on their skin, and we even got a green coconut from the grounds keeper so we could drink the water, and then eat it. Fantastic and educational, thank you so much.
The Stars staff, were fantastic, happy and energetic.
All the staff is very happy and really enjoy their jobs at the Iberostar, anyone would take the time to stop and talk to you and answer any questions you may have.
The only bad thing, was for a couple days had very little water pressure, and no hot water...
We will defintely return to this hotel for another vacation.

Room Tip: spend the extra for ocean front - the balconies are bigger, and a great view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J A
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for your vacation. Your review is much appreciated and we are indeed delighted to know that you had a great time with us here at the Rose Hall Suites Property. We always seek to ensure that our customers receive the highest level of customer service and create a memorable vacation that goes beyond their expectation.

We will share your review with our staff and congratulate them on their contribution towards your fantastic week; in particular, Klema & RoseAnne who educated you the culture of Jamaica which you were pleased. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar and we look forward to seeing you again.

Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed 5 nights at this very nice resort. The place is huge and was fully booked while were were there, but never felt crowded. We didn't have to wait for tables or have trouble finding chairs at the beach.However, many people put towels on the chairs at the pool and beach to hold their favorite spots. There is lots of shade, so you can get out of the sun when you want to. We were able to eat at the a la carte restaurants 4 of the 5 nights. The wait staff at the bars and restaurants were wonderful. Take time to talk to them and they will remember you and what you like to drink. By the 3rd day, they would be pouring my red wine as I sat down at the table for lunch!
They have towel cards that you have to trade in for your beach towel each day. Although it seems petty, I find this annoying at a resort of this price point. If I want 2 towels for my beach chair, that is not an option. If you lose a towel, you have to appeal to the front desk for a replacement. :(
We liked the steak and Mediterranean restaurants the best for dinner. The breakfast and lunch buffets were excellent and had something for everyone. Food for kids was always available, and I loved the fish bites off of the kids buffet station!
This is a property that caters to families, so If you don't like to hear "kid noises" stay next door at the Grand.
I used the kayaks and Hobie wave sailboats every day. They are in good condition, and never had a hard time getting a reservation. You can sail and kayak a long way out to the reef where the coral heads are only a couple of feet below the surface and the water is just beautiful. You can see the bottom every where you go! Just off of the beach are boulders in the swimming area where there are a lot of fish and some coral beginning to grow. The snorkel trip to the nearby reef is good, but due to locals fishing, there are not many fish and no large fish. However, the coral is beautiful.
We are wine drinkers and found the house wine to be good. They have bottles of other wines available for purchase at prices comparable to what I would pay for a bottle in a restaurant in the states, starting at $32US/bottle.
The staff work very hard 6d/week and always have a smile on their face. They appreciated the tips, but I never got the impression that they expected them. At the end of the meal, I had to walk over to our server to slip them $5-10. They didn't hang around the table waiting for it. :) So, bring some $1's and $5's along to spread the joy a bit at the bar or in the restaurants.

Room Tip: We thought the extra for the beach front room was worth it.
5 Thank drjwdavis
Dear Guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Hotel. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to share with us and the online community your experience here at the suites property as it motivates us to continue improving our hospitality.

We are pleased to know that you had a great time with us and we will share your review with the staff and congratulate them on their effort and contributing towards making your stay a memorable one. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar and we look forward to seeing you again.

Northport, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We are regular all inclusive visitors to the Caribbean. We prefer the Negril area in Jamaica but we booked too late and Negril was full. This hotel is an easy 15 min cab ride from the airport. Hotel is very beautiful and clean, the staff is great and the restaurants about average fare for an all inclusive. Beach is nice but rocky in spots. Not alot here for older kids to do. No big slides like some other resorts. Water sports here were very disappointing, the gestapo like people running the water sports are not helpful and seem to have missed their true calling as state troopers. Also, you cant rent a jetski anywhere in this area. My son and I did the Witch Witch rapelling tour which was fantastic - and positively scary at times - highly recommend it. Bottom line its a nice place but probably wouldnt go back - Negril is better.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for our vacation. We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us here on trip advisor and we are pleased to know that you were satisfied with your vacation in general.

We have also noted that you were disappointed with the water Sports Company here property; we will forward to the manager your complaint. However regarding jet skiing, it is not allowed in this area, as we our beachfront is a part of the protected Montego Bay Marine Park.

We will continue to provide our distinguished guest the hospitality they deserve and once again thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Just spent one week with my husband and 6 year old son at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.
The very positive points: Extremely clean hotel, including absolutely each part of it: the room, the restaurants, the washrooms, the beach, the pools, the floors, the beach towels... everything. 4 nice restaurants à la carte + 2 other in the "Beach" section (available to "Suites" guests). The best is probably the "Jambalaya". No problems to book as many as you wish. We got upgraded to the ocean front room, on the 3rd floor: beautiful view and absolutely silent. For the kids: one night per week, there is a pajamas party so parents can enjoy a dinner as a couple. There is also a small, but very nice water park, lots of fun for small kids. The lazy river was nice to enjoy once or twice, if you ever can have enough of the ocean... What was very practical: lunch on the beach, 3 times during the week (bbq) + there is a restaurant on the beach (Steakhouse) that is a buffet style at lunch time, and you don't need to go back to your room to change, after spending the morning on the beach. Awesome! The chairs on the beach are available no matter what time you show up. Plenty of them.
The OK (but still good) points: the kids club activities, the drinks, the food in general, the comfort of the beds (except the pull out bed - very bad), the size of the room and the bathroom, the hotel staff, the beach, the night shows.
The negative points (just so there is something also for the "picky" travelers): the red wine is not good at all. The sinks in the bathroom are not designed for small children (too high, too far to turn on the water etc). Also, our room (with the beautiful ocean view) was far from the elevators, so we used the stairs (you'd better be in good shape!).
The really bad (nothing to do with the hotel itself): The trip from the airport to the hotel: 45 minutes (stops at approx. 7 hotels before getting to "Suites"). Add it to the 1.5 hour waiting on the bus before, for other passengers... If only we knew it was going to be sooooo long, we would take a cab, as the distance is not that long.

Room Tip: We were on the "Floor 3", with beautiful front ocean view. Couldn't ask for better. Ze...
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the management and staff of the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Hotel, we would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for your vacation. Thank you for taking the time as well to do such a detailed report I am sure the readers will appreciate it.

Indeed we are pleased to know that you had a great time here and that you were able to partake in all the activities and events. We are also pleased to know that you found our beach bar-b-que convenient for you and your family. You kind comments will be forwarded to all the staff who contributed towards making your stay an excellent one.

Your review is much appreciated as it strengthens us to continue provide our hospitality to our distinguished present and future guest. We look forward to seeing you again and once more thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

What a wonderful experience. This was my third trip to Jamaica and this time without kids so we spent a little extra and it was so worth it. The service was awesome from the moment we got off the bus until we left for the airport. Thank you Andre at the desk for your wonderful helpfulness in making us happy when we wanted a room higher up. Did not matter what we asked for everyone was more then happy to get it for us. The food no matter where we went was really good. Ate at Japanese restaurant, steak house, The buffet was never busy and had lots to choose from. Great food at the bbq on the beach too! The Star friends were the best I have ever seen. We did water aerobics, stretching, dance class, water volley ball, and if you did not want to participate they were cool about that too. They really do work hard these young people!! The rooms were lovely, and so was the view. Would we go back?? ....absolutely!
also if you want to go for an excursion we met a wonderful gentleman named Norman Taxi 876-445-3099. hugely knowledgeable, very careful and fun! He will take you where ever you want on the Island.

Room Tip: don't pay the extra money for the view...all rooms have a view!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank dpope4
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to know that you choose Iberostar for your vacation. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to share with us and the online community the great experience you had at the Suites property here in Jamaica.

We will congratulate the staff who contributed towards making your stay a memorable one; In particular Andre from the front desk with is assistance in getting your requested room(s). Your review motivates us to continue improving our hospitality towards your valued guest; once again thank you for choosing Iberostar, we look forward to seeing you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
3.5 of 5 bubbles 5,776 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!