“Not for classic couples or romantic getaway”

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Milford, CT
“Not for classic couples or romantic getaway”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Took my wife for a quick birthday weekend getaway. The whole place can be summarized in one sentence. Perfect for blue collar/ middle class families with children and budget weddings.

A good business manages to meet or exceed customer's expectations. At roughly $500 per night I, unfortunately, had my own set of expectations which are reflected under this review. if you consider yourself in the top 20% income in the US. This review is definitely for you....

The good: Very close to the airport. All inclusive to control your budget. The rooms are great in size, clean and modern. The facilities meet the basic needs, and always well kept. Beds were great and we could not find indoor or outdoor bugs during our entire stay. The resorts sits literally 100 feet from the water. No marihuana allowed on premises.

The so so: The staff in general, polite, but too mellow when compared to same type resort in DR where they move like lightning with a smile. The waiters here act like they are American when they give you the greeting speech, but they forget the performing part, you have to ask for things three times over and over. The stupid rules where they attempt for a "fine dining" atmosphere but fail, I was not allowed in a restaurant with my perfectly pressed bermudas and a collar shirt.... But you can go in with torn jeans and a tshirt no problem. "Dats the rule mon, long pants mon".... First of all I am "sir" not "mon". Second, I think they forgot the point...! Facilities close too early, no outdoor drinking after 7 30 pm. Party atmosphere after dinner was non existent. Went to the disco one night hoping to find a wilder group, just to find most people over 50 drinking by the bar, obesity problems and the sound of flip flops. I did not see a single elegant couple in three days.

The bad: Way too many kids , mostly screamers. The food is so below par compared to other resorts at that price range, presentation is OK, but the quality just sucks. The buffet areas are just ok, nothing that will amaze anyone. The fine dining restaurants that require a reservation are just simply awful, very limited menus and food that has been mostly precooked and stored away ready to get reheated. Just house wine available on the wine list, red or white, nothing else, always served with thick water glasses. Tried three different restaurants... french, american steakhouse and mediterranean. All the same in service and quality of food.

Room Tip: All rooms are technically oceanview with different angles since the building is a "U" facing the water, higher floors get a better view... Do not overpay for this category. I got a "gardenview" room 3443 on the third floor and the views were just awesome. If you want perpendicular oceanfront, I assume you'll have to pay extra...

Summary: If burgers, chicken fingers, beer and cheesecake is honestly an acceptable dinner and you want to enjoy a simple fun getaway with your kids this place is for you! If you just want a romantic, classy getaway with your wife or girlfriend where you can enjoy the beach but also enjoy the night, start browsing adult only resorts where you might pay slightly more... But get what you are looking for.

Room Tip: Request a room in the higher floors. Do not pay for the Oceanview extra $$$ they are all oceanview.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EmilioEspejo
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to spend your vacation and for taking the time out to share your review of your stay with us. Here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites hotel we always seek to provide our clients with a great vacation experience.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the facilities, the cleanliness of our rooms and our close proximity to the airport and our courteous staff.
However; we regret to know that you were not pleased with various aspects of your stay; your suggestions and issues mentioned will be taken into consideration by the management of the hotel to be reviewed.

We would, however, like to remind you that the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites is a family oriented resort and caters to families with children and couples alike. The Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, our sister hotel, caters to adults only and would be more tailored to your needs.

Allow me to extend an apology for the way you were address by our staff using the word “mon” in comparison to a more formal greeting such as “Sir” as you have mentioned in your comment.

Weekly, we have a very interactive entertainment schedule which includes a beach party for our guest with live entertainment with our Reggae Band, Fire Dancer, and Star Friends in action. As well during the evenings we have a music bar that is open and will feature a band, a magic show and karaoke on varying nights. We also have our lobby bar with tasteful live music from our acoustic reggae guitarist, pianist and reggae trio; nightly in our theatre we also have performances from our entertainment team. It is regrettable to know none of these were to your liking

Once again we would like to thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites hotel and we look forward to seeing you again.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,049)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Did my research and choose a 7 day all inclusive at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, we were not disappointed. Service went above and beyond, I could not possibly find one bad thing to say about any of the staff or facilities. Plenty to do day or night. Food was fantastic, and if you didn't like one thing there was plenty of choice, absolutely no need to ever leave the table unsatisfied. I cannot, one hundred percent cannot express how great the staff is. All extra friendly, polite and just a joy to be around. The Star Friends kept you constantly entertained and engaged. The Professor, Momo, OMG, Stingray and all the other dancers kept the party going. China and Chili Pepper are an absolute delight. At the pool bar Demoy and Jules never let you go thirsty always serving with a smile. Down at the buffet Diane would greet you each and every morning by name ready to go above and beyond. I would recommend this resort to anyone willing to kick back and relax, because they will take care of everything. Everything from dinner reservations in the evening, the spa, the gym and out kayaking in front of one of the most beautiful properties I've ever seen was perfect.

Room Tip: Ocean view room, found 3rd floor great, quiet
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar to spend your vacation and for also sharing your review of your recent stay with us here on Trip Advisor. We are certainly humbled by your gracious comments

We felt privileged to have been given the opportunity to host you at our hotel and we do appreciate your kind comments highlighting our delicious food, our spa, entertainment, and our friendly and polite staff. Your comments will certainly serve to encourage prospective travellers to visit our hotel. Please rest assured that congratulations are in order for the persons who went above and beyond the average and contributed to the “Best trip of your life”.

We invite you to return soon and guarantee that once again, you will not be disappointed, as it is our intention to exceed your expectations even further.

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Jan 19 -29. This hotel was very nice. First the food.. The food was very good.. I enjoyed the gourmet, steak, and Mexican specialty restaurants. The buffet was very good but was limited selection.The same thing day after day. It felt a little like a cafeteria. Staff..They were wonderful. Everyone was accommodating. I can not say enough about the staff. All the staff were great. The rooms were nice size..needs updating,couches were stained as were the throw pillows..The maids did a GREAT job. I loved the huge bathrooms. We went to the cigar bar to watch the playoffs. The T.V. was so small we couldn't see it at all and it was unbearably hot in there. My big complaint is the bars [not the bartenders] One tiny bar outside with no where to sit unless you are in the pool. I didn't travel all the way to Jamaica to sit inside every evening at a piano bar. I would have loved to be able to spend my evenings outdoors. There were small patios off the bar with a few chairs but certainly not big enough for more than 10 hotel guests. Some of the shows where good and some where boring..again indoors in an auditorium type room. The spa was great. I loved the wellness pool and hot tubs with the heated seats , steam and sauna. I loved the staff, they were amazing but I didn't enjoy the property as much.

Room Tip: Near an elevator,
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your generous review. We are always grateful to learn that our guests were highly satisfied with their visit.

While we are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed the food in our restaurants, the services at the spa and that you found our staff to be accommodating and professional, we are saddened to learn that you were not too enthused with the several features of our hotel and we will be directing your concerns to the respective individuals.

With that being said we will be sure to convey your comments to the respective heads of department for their deliberation. We do hope that when booking your next vacation that Iberostar will be foremost in your thoughts.

Denver, Colorado

Wow. Wow. Wow.
My husband and I got married at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites on Jan 27 and our stay- from start to finish was unbelievable. We had 60 guests and everyone from 2 years to 85 had a blast. The resort was beautiful but the staff is what makes the Iberostar so great. Everyone- I mean EVERYONE- is so friendly and always smiling. Even the maids greet you as you walk down the hall. The wait staff was always around on the beach to take our orders, the bartenders at the pool were friendly and always remembered what we were drinking. The staff at the Miranda Buffet handled our big groups for breakfast very very well. "Prince", one of our favorites- even broke out into a freestyle rap with one of the groomsman during a rowdy dinner one night :) We booked through Mitch at Trip Guy and were blown away by his attention to detail- He did an amazing job coordinating 60 peoples rooms and transfers. We used Reggae Tours for all of our transfers and they could not have been any nicer! A huge shout out to Simone, our wedding coordinator- she did a fabulous job of putting up with all of our last minute changes and requests. Misha Earle was our photographer and was SO patient with our rowdy group- I saw a few sneak previews of the photos- she is super talented!! And DJ Kevan kept the party going- he picked the perfect music and set a fabulous setting for our reception under a tent on the beach.
A few tips to those of you traveling:
Brides: DO NOT STRESS a thing. They will handle it ALL. The best thing I did was leave my worrying at home and trusted Simone and Nicole to handle it all. - And they did- so much more than I even expected!
Guests: Embrace the staff- They are so awesome. Tip them a few dollars here and there and you will never have to ask for anything.
Our friends and family are still talking about how much fun they had. To sum it all up- It was the best week of our lives. Thank you to everyone at Iberostar for making it all happen. You guys are pros! We are already starting to plan our anniversary trip next January- along with all 60 of our guests!! :)

Room Tip: Sometimes you can hear the patio furniture being moved across the floor above you. If you are a late...
1 Thank BrittneyGriffin
Dear Guest,

Please accept our gratitude for your kind review posted here on Trip Advisor. Your comments will serve to inspire both management and staff alike, to ensure that the needs and requirements of all our clients are met.

It is indeed rewarding to learn that we were able to exceed your expectations and coordinate your destination wedding. We will see to it that both wedding coordinators, Simone and Nicole, are cordially congratulated for all their efforts in making all your dreams come through and to have a stress free wedding. We also appreciate you mentioning the wonderful food, drinks/bars, entertainment activities and friendly staff who contributed to your fantastic vacation. We are privileged to have been able to host you and your family and it is hoped that you will continue to tell your friends and family about our hotel.

We anxiously await your anniversary return visit and would once again like to thank you for choosing Iberostar.

St. Albert
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We were at Rose Hall Suites for our son's wedding. I cannot say enough about how well planned the wedding was. The resort planners did a great job. The wedding was beautiful and went off without a hitch.
The resort itself is clean and well planned, easy to get around. We were a party of 45 and never had trouble finding beach or pool loungers. That was very impressive.
The food at the buffet was very good and there was always something for everyone - sometimes way too many things to choose from. We ate at all of the specialty restaurants at the Suites and the Japanese at Beaches. The only one I was disappointed in was the Japanese - pretty greasy and not very authentic. The servings at all of the restaurants were plentiful and tasty.
The suites themselves are well designed and clean. I like the fact that the bathroom is separated from the rest of the suite by a door so if someone comes in late or gets up early they are not disturbing their roomie. I love it because I am always up way earlier than my husband and don't like to disturb him. Everyone was impressed by the showers - lots of water and separate from the tub. The only thing missing is a good place to keep your toiletries and enough light to apply makeup.
The resort is very close to the airport and Montego Bay - another plus.
We had a great driver while we were there. Danny does airport pickup and anywhere you want to go. He was recommended by a friend who is from Jamaica and has been using him every time she goes home for many years. His phone is (876) 446-4610 or (876) 707-4767 email: morrisdonat@yahoo.com.
Service at the resort was friendly but sometimes very slow.

Room Tip: We were main floor oceanfront - not really worth the upgrade as the oceanview rooms had great views...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank happycamperSt_Albert
Dear Guest:

First of all please allow us to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Iberostar as your destination wedding location. We certainly do appreciate you taking the time to share with us and the online community the experience that you’ve had on your vacation.
Thank you for your informative comments. It was an honor to have been able to host your son’s wedding here, and we are pleased that you were impressed with the services of our planners and their flawless execution of the wedding events. We are grateful for your feedback regarding the cleanliness of our resort, the wide array of delicious food, well maintained facilities and the amenities we offer.
Of special concern to us, is your mention of the various aspects of your stay that were not entirely satisfactory, please rest assured that these annotations will be forwarded to the respective persons for their consideration.
We look forward to welcoming you back and hope that you will not hesitate to book our hotel when planning your next vacation.

Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We were upgraded from the Beach Hotel part of that compound upon arrival, to the Suites part. Nice surprise at first but then what a demise. Those two section of that Iberostar complex are for families! And we are a senior couple. There are pre school kids all over the place. At any restaurant facilities, 1 table out of two is occupied with a family. as is one room out of two. Figure what it looks like at the pool area. Even if there is a specific pool for kids, foolish parents play with their kids in the adult pool... Imagine living in a Kindergarten up to 14-16 hours a day. Iberostar should either put families in either one of those hôtels and leave the other one for adults, not mix evebody together. Sressed and tired after all that crying, yelling, fussing, running, jumping and having your plate overlooked with eyes at table level, we were more than happy to come back home. Now why 3 out of 5, instead of 1 or 2. Because this compond otherwise is outstanding about cleanliness. overall service, food quality and installations. We're happy to be back in our quiet home, and will never go back there and for the matter in Jamaica, period.

Room Tip: For an ocean view get a room at either 3rd or 4th floor. Adults should be lodge in the Grand Hotel...
2 Thank Alphaf0x
Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to send us your comments on the experience you had while vacationing at our resort. We do our best to ensure that all clients receive the best and most memorable experience while on holiday with us.

The Iberostar Rose Hall Suites is marketed as a family resort that accommodates couples as well as families with children. Here in Rosehall Jamaica the complex of properties hosts three separate resort one of which caters specifically for adults only which is the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall which is an adult’s only resort. It is hoped that when planning your next vacation that you will consider booking the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, which we believe would meet your expectations as it is more suited for the relaxing vacation you originally had in mind.

Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar, we look forward to seeing you again.

Indiana
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

When we checked in on the 30th of january,we were welcomed at the desk by lance. He was very friendly and gaves us good info about the resort didnt even need to ask any questions. Check in was quick. My wife mentioned it was our anniversary when asked about our trip. We received a nice bottle of wine the next day. We have been here just two days but are meeting some very nice people (staff) room is very nice and clean. beach and resort are really well kept. Will add maybe when we get back

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andymansreview
Dear guest,

On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager, we would like to thank you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Hotel to celebrate your special anniversary with us. We are pleased to know you are enjoying your vacation upon selecting our resort for your anniversary. We are thrilled to know that you are satisfied with the accommodations, facilities and the company of our staff during your stay.

We do anticipate that you will enjoy the rest of your stay with us and we do hope that you will give us the privilege of celebrating with you again next year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Hotel Riu Montego Bay
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
3.5 of 5 bubbles 5,918 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!