“The most amazing trip”

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Beaches- the beaches were beautiful and peaceful, no need to wake up early in order to have a spot for the day! We were a big group and still always had a spot to sit. The water was clear and blue there were days where the water was nicer and others where it was less nice but all in all it was beautiful! There were a couple of rocks but it didn't bother us and if you walk further down there was no rocks. If you are planning to go on the beach early morning you might be surprised to see vendors selling crafts however if you ignore them or give them a simple no they will leave and don't bother you, however when people start arriving at the beach the vendors leave because they are not allowed at the resorts beach! The beach wasn't ideal for long walks especially if you have children under the age of 18 because they will not be able to walk past the grand since it is adults only however it is beautiful! The beach is much nicer than i expected and i have been to bahamas, cuba and many other places with fascinating beaches! The tides were low and there were practically no waves which made snorkelling that much better. There is no need to go deep to snorkel because it is very close to the water which is good for young kids who would still like to see fish. All in all the beaches were beautiful and clear with aqua blue patches they were quiet and didn't have many people on them which made it that much more enjoyable, and FYI there are no seagulls like in cuba and there are practically no mosquitos

Entertainment- this is one of the reasons why i would go back to Jamaica any day! The star friends made the trip so much more fun infact we actually cried when we left for how sad we were to have to leave some great friends and such amazing people! They are always there to brighten up your day, put a smile on your face and provide you with the activities you need to make the day enjoyable because after 2 weeks of beach and pool it can get quite boring trust me but with the different activities they have planned you will never experience a day with the same activities! The shows were alright we didn't enjoy the professionals dancers as much as when the star friends were hosting the shows! In my opinion if the star friends would host the show and perform every night they would have a bigger crowd however the dancers and singers were good too but the dances were quite repetitive! Whenever the star friends got on stage the crowd went wild they are such amazing dancers and truly know how to entertain any crowd! The tutti fruity show and ideal couple show were hilarious! I enjoyed the shows because they were quite different from the ones in cuba or Punta- Cana! From little kids to teenagers to adult everyone can have a good time at this hotel! There was a show available for kids which usually took place around 8:20pm then there was a show suitable for people of all ages which was available at 9:39pm and after that there was often activities in the blue moon lounge bar like crazy karaoke or live reggae bands which were fun for people who would like some action later on at night before bed since the shows ended around 10:15. The star friends were always ready to have a good time in the lounge bar even after a long and tiring day of work! The lounge bar usually closed at 12:00 at night. For the adult there was a disco that closed at 3:00am which we never went to because the lounge bar was just as fun and often more entertaining since the star friends were always present! There was also a mini arcade with slot machines and a pool room with a little lounge area for reading etc! I would like to say a big thank you to the star friends who made this vacation awesome i couldn't have asked for more entertainment, they were always up to something fun and were always willing to make our trip a whole lot better!Keep it up you guys are great at what you do we love you China,Sweetness,Sting-Rae , mo- mo, crazy Kenny,happy-feet, VIP, OMG, Roxy and the many others who helped entertain us! We love you guys and you are the reason we want to come back! A big hug from your canadian friends xox!!!

Food- the food was better than expected, the buffet had something suitable for every palet and was great for vedgetarians as well, it also had many healthy options if that is anyones concern, the famous jerk chicken was delicious however quite spicy! The
Buffet had a different theme ever night and always had new food to try! I am italian and the italian food was very good for buffet style especially in Jamaica! The pasta was always freshly made and the oven baked pizza was cheesy and delicious! The lunch was just as good and had more variety than the snack bar on the beach however it had less action and a more strict attire policy for after the pool and or beach! The snack bar was pretty good the only complaint that i have is that the food was the same everyday and got pretty boring after 5 days of the same food! My advice would be to alternate between the buffet and snack bar so that the options are different! However you must go to the snack bar when there is a beach bbq because the steal drums and beach view were breathtaking. The star friends are always there dancing and having a good time and are very fun to ear with! We ate with VIP, Mo-Mo and sweetness and had a great time they are hilarious! All in all the food was pretty good and the a la carte restaurants were delicious however there is not much choice on the menu compared to the buffet! I really enjoyed the breakfast because of the huge variety of foods ,there was everything you could ever think of from yogourt to smoothies to oatmeal to cereal to pastries, eggs , bacon, potatoes , toast with jam , Nutella spread and peanut butter and many more things that were delicious!
G
Cleanliness- I'm the type of person that is disgusted sleeping in hotels even if they are 5 stars because you never know what goes on before you go touching anything in that room! I usually sleep covered from head to toe no matter how hot it is, i even bring my own pillow cases! But this time the room was so clean i could even walk bare foot! The room was cleaned twice a day in the morning usually after we left the room and at night just before we got back. I assume that they clean the rooms at around 9:00 am and at around 7:00-8:00 pm, it all depends which floor you are on.A couple of times they came to clean the room when we were still in there getting dressed but as long as you tell them to come back shortly they will leave and come back. If you really don't want to be bothered put the don't disturb sign on the door. The only complaint i could have about the room which didn't bother me but however it did bother my family members was that the bead-sheets were a little humid but that happens at every tropical place, also around the food in the room there were a couple humidity bugs which is all normal, just remember to keep the food hidden and away from the clothes or beds if you decide to bring snacks. All in all the rooms were very clean and the service was very good we always had our room cleaned and were always able to get new towels, toilet paper etc... I also noticed that our hotel was closed al throughout meaning that the corridors were inside air conditioned which felt so nice after a hot day of sun, but at the beaches the corridors were opened so it might be hot in the hotel or maybe even in the rooms, we had this experience in cuba and let me tell you it was not pleasant sleeping in a warm room.

Others- many people said that the drinks were watered down however, if those were watered down than i don't know what it would taste like not watered down because they were pretty strong. I like that the bar tenders are always on the job, after the pool they go working inside the lobby where they close at around 1:30 am. The best part about jamaica is that they never ask for tips and don't show that they have less money than us when they really do,they definitely have more money than the staff and workers in cuba or Dominican republic because they have nice clothes and cell phones which i don't think are provided by the hotel. Even though they have those things you could tell that if only they would be able to have a life like us they would be so happy however they never show or tell you about there life back at home. They always have a smile on their fave and say " i love my job" which is so opposite from other places I've visited because they usually complain about how poor they are and how they need money and clothes which is very

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank jamaica j
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff here at the Iberostar, I would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar as your vacation destination of choice and for your kind comments of your recent stay with us here on Trip Advisor. Thank you as well for taking the time to send such a detailed review of your stay; we are certain other readers will appreciate it.

We are truly appreciative of you highlighting the cleanliness of our resort, the friendliness of our staff, the comfortable accommodations, various activities, and the delicious food and drinks. We are grateful for your feedback as it is through communications of this nature, that we are given an opportunity to assess and evaluate our performance, as well as to ensure that we maintain and deliver the level of service expected from our hotel.

The aforementioned persons will be commended for having contributed to your vacation with us. In closing it is hoped that when planning your next vacation, that Iberostar is first and foremost in your thoughts.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Write a ReviewReviews (4,449)

Reviewed January 13, 2014

The Iberostar Rose Hall Suites resort is simply amazing!! We just came back from there and we already want to go back. The people are great, the hotel is beautiful, the beach is great, the food is excellent, the pool and the grounds are simply amazing and the whole trip was a very pleasant experience. This resort is great for families, adults, teenagers, and Older people alike. There wasn't one thing that we didn't like other than when we had to leave. We will be going back next year for sure. Yah Mon!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
2  Thank Cranston86
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear guest,

Please allow us to use this opportunity to thank you for your choosing Iberostar as your vacation hotel of choice and for your kind comments here on Trip Advisor.

Your comments are greatly appreciated and we are pleased to learn that you had an amazing time while here with us and also to hear that you enjoyed the beach, pools, food and activities.
It was indeed a pleasure having you here with us and we look forward to your return visit next year.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I recently stayed at Rose Hall Suites and had an AMAZING experience! We were there with 35 others for my wedding which we did at the Beach resort and most of my friends stayed at the Beach resort. No one (at either resort) had a complaint all week. We got married on Bob Marley terrance, much more intimate and zero wind compared to beach and still overlooked the ocean. The staff were fantastic - everyone was accomodating and so friendly! The Beach beach bartender Dalbert was a highlight of my trip. He was always so outgoing and remembered every little detail about my trip as if I was the only one he was serving all day! Also known as Charles Barkely!! Also Beach beach server Cordelia was fantastic - so personal and fast service. The both of them definitely went above and beyond expectations!
The room at both the Beach and Suites are very nice - similar but the views from the Suites rooms were better. Suites rooms had an extended area at back of room with pull-out couch.
Food was amazing! Japanese teppanyaki was fantastic as was the steakhouse! We had our wedding dinner at the steak house at the Beach and it was perfect!! Kept it simple and gave everyone the beef!
Also, in the wedding package for our couples dinner we chose the pier as our location which I HIGHLY recomment. We had Travis as our waiter and he was fantastic! You could tell he wanted to leave us be on our romantic dinner but after a couple drinks we wanted to hear more about the island from someone who lived there. He was a treat to be around, he also served at the wedding the night before!
Lots to do on the resort as well. I highly recommend the Dreamers catamaran trip - loads of fun, stopped at Margaritta ville on the way back from snorkeling which had a great water slide! Para-sailing was a blast as well! Some of my friends did the Blue Lagoon trip which they raved about and also a half-day to Negril which they loved!
All in all this resort is top notch from head to toe!
I couldn't write this without mentioned Neil and Dean from the Beach lobby bar - both fantastic bar tenders who went about and beyond for us!
Overall though, Dalbert is the MAN!!!
Can't wait to come back to Jamaica - will definitely stay at this resort again!!

Room Tip: I think just about every Suites room had at least some view of the Ocean which was great!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kyle R

Dear guest,

Let me extend to you our sincere appreciations for choosing Iberostar as your wedding destination and for sharing your review of your recent stay with us here on Trip Advisor.
It gives us a feeling of satisfaction to know that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be accommodating and friendly and that you were pleased with the delicious food, drinks, the facilities and the wedding location as well. All persons mentioned will be congratulated for their efforts and for their contribution to your wonderful stay.

We do hope that, we will be given the privilege of hosting you once more as it was a pleasure having you here with us. Thank you for making it Iberostar.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Very nice hotel with its own private beach. Beach was beautiful with lots offered to do- parasailing , kayaks, catamarans , fishing, and a variety of beach activities. We were there jan 3-11. Easy to get reservations at restaurants. Pool area was nice, clean and easy to find a chair in the shade (or sun). Food was good but not great. We enjoyed the Japanese and Mexican restaurants the most. Glashom was our waiter in the Mexican restaurant and he was great! Rooms were roomy and had nice lanais with clothesline for hanging out swimsuits. Hot water was scarce when everyone was using it at the same time late in the afternoon. Staff were friendly and attentive. If you want a great experience outside of the resort, contact Kenneth Watson at Dream Vacations. He was a terrific guide and gave us several unique experiences off property. We took a day trip to Accupomg. It took us 3 hours to drive 22 miles into the back country! A great way to see everyday life and the Jamaican people. The road was narrow and filled with potholes! We went to the Maroon festival celebrating the freedom of the slaves. Kenneth knows everything about his people and beloved Jamaica! He also took us into Montego Bay where we could walk the streets and see how people live and work. He walked with us and told us about the history. The highlight of the trip was when he took us to his granddaughter's school. We had brought school supplies and he was so excited and insisted we deliver them ourselves! The children and teachers were thrilled to see us send welcomed us into their school. This is a MUST do activity for everyone. Our trip would not have been as great as it was if it hadn't been for Kenneth. He can plan your rafting, zip lining, Bob Marley trips whatever you want to do. He picks you up at the hotel (airport too!) and is always on time.

Room Tip: Almost all rooms have view of Caribbean Sea .
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Nancy O

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for not only choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, but also for taking the time to share with other travelers your opinion of your holiday at our hotel.

We are thrilled to have contributed to your relaxing holiday and furthermore, we are extremely proud to know that you were satisfied with the food, the rooms, our staff and the various activities and amenities available to you.

In addition to this we are also pleased to learn that you enjoyed exploring our island and it is hoped that we will be given another opportunity to offer our hospitality again as it would be a pleasure to be your hosts in the near future.

Once again, thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Happy New Year to the management and staff of the Iberostar Suites Resorts. I want to start by saying, I have always followed TripAdvisor but never wrote a review, but this resort was so wonderful, I have to finally write a review myself!! I recently stayed at the hotel for seven days, my husband and two daughters ages 8 and 6.I loved everything about it, the food, rooms were spacious and comfortable. We loved the beach bbq with the live steel drum band and the delicious lunch. The entertainment was top notch.The water park was very cold, but that's ok because my kids spend most of their time in the kids camp.The highlight of this trip was the 'MINI PLAYBACK SHOW' led by Roxy from the kids club. I traveled all over the world and this was the first time I have ever cried watching my kids perform! My oldest daughter did a solo act playing 'Sandy' from the show, she knew every word! I was so proud of her! There were about thirty kids dressed in costumes and props for the show.... it was an amazing show. Special thanks to Roxy for been so patient with all these kids from different backgrounds.... I must also say big thanks to her for taking time out of her break to go over the final rehearsal with my daughters. The final day of the show, we had to go on a tour, and we were late getting back to the hotel. My girls missed the rehearsal...... you wouldn't believe who was waiting for us in the lobby to go through the final rehearsal with the girls!! Roxy!! My husband is a producer, so we know talent wen we see it! Mellisa and Nickeisha played a special part in all the activites as well.... my girls won't stop talking about the kids club.. These three ladies are the most loving, amazing women I have ever met! On any given day the camp would be packed, so I am sure all the kids adore them. They made our vacation most memorable....please give our best to them and we will be back in Easter. The girls told us they have the a wonderful Easter program and we dont want to miss it! All the best for the New Year. thank you once again for making my vacation awsome.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,

A Happy and Prosperous New Year to you from the Iberostar family, and all the best for 2014. Please allow me to use this opportunity to extend our thanks for choosing Iberostar to spend your vacation and for taking the time from your busy schedule to post your comments here on Trip Advisor.

I would also like to state that we greatly appreciate your kind comments about our hotel, the food, accommodations, and entertainment. For our ladies at the kids club that left an indelible impression on your daughters, we will certainly give them your humbling comments, as they contributed to making your vacation a memorable one.

It thrills us to know that you had an awesome and memorable vacation and we do look forward to seeing you this Easter. Once again thank you for making it Iberostar.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I am enjoying my stay at Iberostar Rose Hall in Montego Bay... Located on its own private beach and off the beaten path it feels kind of special. With a great amount of activities to choose from on premise, you will find yourself being as active as you want or taking a break from it all and just chilling on the beach. The beach was perfect for my AM running sessions, the gym was decent, the water was clear and very conducive to swimming and floating around, the service at the hotel is good, staff is friendly and the food is fair.

Room Tip: Rooms that have a direct view of the water are best
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank RonaldoDaSilva
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear guest,

Please allow us to extend to you our sincere gratitude for vacationing with us and for sharing your comments of your stay with us so far.
We are truly thrilled to understand that you are enjoying yourself on our property and that you’re enjoying the facilities and amenities that we have to offer.
We genuinely hope that you will continue to have a great vacation with us as its an absolute privilege to serve you at our hotel. Thank you for making it Iberostar.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I arrived in Jamaica from Minnesota, where the air temperature was in the low 20s (F). Hitting the 80 degree weather in hot jeans was almost a pleasure after a long flight that had a short stopover in Atlanta. My trip was pleasant from the shuttle ride from the airport, to the ride back at the end of the trip. I traveled alone (something I don't recommend), but the friendliness of most of the staff certainly helped.
I arrived nearly 3 hours prior to check-in, so I had to wait for my room to be ready. Fortunately, I was given a bracelet (which eventually left a terrible tan-line) and was allowed -- in fact, encouraged -- to eat and drink whatever I wanted! The lobby bar was well-stocked, but the bartender was a bit shy and not at all friendly. I had a few margaritas and decided to explore the grounds. The entire area was immaculate. I was very impressed throughout by the cleanliness of the entire place. I waited to eat because what I really wanted was a nap and I didn't think food would make me feel any better. In the room finally I found myself in the lap of luxury! The bed was twice the size of mine at home and 5-times more comfortable. I sleep alone, so I use a lot of pillows for back support. Here I actually had to stow quite a few of the, there were so many. I was a bit disappointed in the mini-bar, for a couple of reasons. One, the temperature in the mini-fridge wasn't very cold, so it took a few hours to chill the restocks, and secondly because I was under the false impression that my favorite liquors would be included (I found out later I booked myself into the wrong area of the hotel for that...my bad). Still, there was plenty of beer, water and Coke products. The bathroom was spectacular and I spent a lot of time in the soaking tub.
Food-wise, I found everything to be rather unremarkable. The vegetables tasted frozen, and most of the food was bland. I loved the Japanese restaurant and they had some dynamic salsa on the lunch buffet, but most of the other food was just OK. I held the same opinion of the drinks. I have a feeling they cheat on the top-shelf stuff. I drink Absolute Vodka a lot and what I was served there tasted nothing like it, nor did the Stoli.
Traveling alone can be lonely and at this resort that feeling came and went. Most times I felt invisible, but that could just be a vibe that I give off. Other times the staff was friendly enough. There was one girl (didn't catch her name) who was passing out towels at the pool who was wholly unpleasant. I was tempted to ask her if it would kill her to crack a smile. Other than that, the Star Friends did their job quite well.
That said, I would return to Iberostar Rose Hall, but probably not alone. Here's a good tip, though: Definitely pay the $35 for Club Mobay at the airport. It was worth many times that price!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Tim D

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for spending your special holiday with us and for sharing your comments with the online community here on Trip Advisor.

With that being said, it certainly gives us a great deal of satisfaction to understand that in general you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were pleased with the accommodations, amenities and the friendliness of our staff. However for the areas that did not meet your expectations, we will forward your comments to the respective manager

We do hope as you have indicated in your comments that you will once again vacation with us on our beautiful island of Jamaica and Iberostar resorts.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!