“Group wedding”

GreenLeadersGold level
Newmarket, Canada
“Group wedding”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I recently stayed at Rose Hall Suites and had an AMAZING experience! We were there with 35 others for my wedding which we did at the Beach resort and most of my friends stayed at the Beach resort. No one (at either resort) had a complaint all week. We got married on Bob Marley terrance, much more intimate and zero wind compared to beach and still overlooked the ocean. The staff were fantastic - everyone was accomodating and so friendly! The Beach beach bartender Dalbert was a highlight of my trip. He was always so outgoing and remembered every little detail about my trip as if I was the only one he was serving all day! Also known as Charles Barkely!! Also Beach beach server Cordelia was fantastic - so personal and fast service. The both of them definitely went above and beyond expectations!
The room at both the Beach and Suites are very nice - similar but the views from the Suites rooms were better. Suites rooms had an extended area at back of room with pull-out couch.
Food was amazing! Japanese teppanyaki was fantastic as was the steakhouse! We had our wedding dinner at the steak house at the Beach and it was perfect!! Kept it simple and gave everyone the beef!
Also, in the wedding package for our couples dinner we chose the pier as our location which I HIGHLY recomment. We had Travis as our waiter and he was fantastic! You could tell he wanted to leave us be on our romantic dinner but after a couple drinks we wanted to hear more about the island from someone who lived there. He was a treat to be around, he also served at the wedding the night before!
Lots to do on the resort as well. I highly recommend the Dreamers catamaran trip - loads of fun, stopped at Margaritta ville on the way back from snorkeling which had a great water slide! Para-sailing was a blast as well! Some of my friends did the Blue Lagoon trip which they raved about and also a half-day to Negril which they loved!
All in all this resort is top notch from head to toe!
I couldn't write this without mentioned Neil and Dean from the Beach lobby bar - both fantastic bar tenders who went about and beyond for us!
Overall though, Dalbert is the MAN!!!
Can't wait to come back to Jamaica - will definitely stay at this resort again!!

Room Tip: I think just about every Suites room had at least some view of the Ocean which was great!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kyle R
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear guest,

Let me extend to you our sincere appreciations for choosing Iberostar as your wedding destination and for sharing your review of your recent stay with us here on Trip Advisor.
It gives us a feeling of satisfaction to know that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be accommodating and friendly and that you were pleased with the delicious food, drinks, the facilities and the wedding location as well. All persons mentioned will be congratulated for their efforts and for their contribution to your wonderful stay.

We do hope that, we will be given the privilege of hosting you once more as it was a pleasure having you here with us. Thank you for making it Iberostar.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,073)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Very nice hotel with its own private beach. Beach was beautiful with lots offered to do- parasailing , kayaks, catamarans , fishing, and a variety of beach activities. We were there jan 3-11. Easy to get reservations at restaurants. Pool area was nice, clean and easy to find a chair in the shade (or sun). Food was good but not great. We enjoyed the Japanese and Mexican restaurants the most. Glashom was our waiter in the Mexican restaurant and he was great! Rooms were roomy and had nice lanais with clothesline for hanging out swimsuits. Hot water was scarce when everyone was using it at the same time late in the afternoon. Staff were friendly and attentive. If you want a great experience outside of the resort, contact Kenneth Watson at Dream Vacations. He was a terrific guide and gave us several unique experiences off property. We took a day trip to Accupomg. It took us 3 hours to drive 22 miles into the back country! A great way to see everyday life and the Jamaican people. The road was narrow and filled with potholes! We went to the Maroon festival celebrating the freedom of the slaves. Kenneth knows everything about his people and beloved Jamaica! He also took us into Montego Bay where we could walk the streets and see how people live and work. He walked with us and told us about the history. The highlight of the trip was when he took us to his granddaughter's school. We had brought school supplies and he was so excited and insisted we deliver them ourselves! The children and teachers were thrilled to see us send welcomed us into their school. This is a MUST do activity for everyone. Our trip would not have been as great as it was if it hadn't been for Kenneth. He can plan your rafting, zip lining, Bob Marley trips whatever you want to do. He picks you up at the hotel (airport too!) and is always on time.

Room Tip: Almost all rooms have view of Caribbean Sea .
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Nancy O
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for not only choosing Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, but also for taking the time to share with other travelers your opinion of your holiday at our hotel.

We are thrilled to have contributed to your relaxing holiday and furthermore, we are extremely proud to know that you were satisfied with the food, the rooms, our staff and the various activities and amenities available to you.

In addition to this we are also pleased to learn that you enjoyed exploring our island and it is hoped that we will be given another opportunity to offer our hospitality again as it would be a pleasure to be your hosts in the near future.

Once again, thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Happy New Year to the management and staff of the Iberostar Suites Resorts. I want to start by saying, I have always followed TripAdvisor but never wrote a review, but this resort was so wonderful, I have to finally write a review myself!! I recently stayed at the hotel for seven days, my husband and two daughters ages 8 and 6.I loved everything about it, the food, rooms were spacious and comfortable. We loved the beach bbq with the live steel drum band and the delicious lunch. The entertainment was top notch.The water park was very cold, but that's ok because my kids spend most of their time in the kids camp.The highlight of this trip was the 'MINI PLAYBACK SHOW' led by Roxy from the kids club. I traveled all over the world and this was the first time I have ever cried watching my kids perform! My oldest daughter did a solo act playing 'Sandy' from the show, she knew every word! I was so proud of her! There were about thirty kids dressed in costumes and props for the show.... it was an amazing show. Special thanks to Roxy for been so patient with all these kids from different backgrounds.... I must also say big thanks to her for taking time out of her break to go over the final rehearsal with my daughters. The final day of the show, we had to go on a tour, and we were late getting back to the hotel. My girls missed the rehearsal...... you wouldn't believe who was waiting for us in the lobby to go through the final rehearsal with the girls!! Roxy!! My husband is a producer, so we know talent wen we see it! Mellisa and Nickeisha played a special part in all the activites as well.... my girls won't stop talking about the kids club.. These three ladies are the most loving, amazing women I have ever met! On any given day the camp would be packed, so I am sure all the kids adore them. They made our vacation most memorable....please give our best to them and we will be back in Easter. The girls told us they have the a wonderful Easter program and we dont want to miss it! All the best for the New Year. thank you once again for making my vacation awsome.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear guest,

A Happy and Prosperous New Year to you from the Iberostar family, and all the best for 2014. Please allow me to use this opportunity to extend our thanks for choosing Iberostar to spend your vacation and for taking the time from your busy schedule to post your comments here on Trip Advisor.

I would also like to state that we greatly appreciate your kind comments about our hotel, the food, accommodations, and entertainment. For our ladies at the kids club that left an indelible impression on your daughters, we will certainly give them your humbling comments, as they contributed to making your vacation a memorable one.

It thrills us to know that you had an awesome and memorable vacation and we do look forward to seeing you this Easter. Once again thank you for making it Iberostar.

miami
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I am enjoying my stay at Iberostar Rose Hall in Montego Bay... Located on its own private beach and off the beaten path it feels kind of special. With a great amount of activities to choose from on premise, you will find yourself being as active as you want or taking a break from it all and just chilling on the beach. The beach was perfect for my AM running sessions, the gym was decent, the water was clear and very conducive to swimming and floating around, the service at the hotel is good, staff is friendly and the food is fair.

Room Tip: Rooms that have a direct view of the water are best
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank RonaldoDaSilva
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear guest,

Please allow us to extend to you our sincere gratitude for vacationing with us and for sharing your comments of your stay with us so far.
We are truly thrilled to understand that you are enjoying yourself on our property and that you’re enjoying the facilities and amenities that we have to offer.
We genuinely hope that you will continue to have a great vacation with us as its an absolute privilege to serve you at our hotel. Thank you for making it Iberostar.

West Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I arrived in Jamaica from Minnesota, where the air temperature was in the low 20s (F). Hitting the 80 degree weather in hot jeans was almost a pleasure after a long flight that had a short stopover in Atlanta. My trip was pleasant from the shuttle ride from the airport, to the ride back at the end of the trip. I traveled alone (something I don't recommend), but the friendliness of most of the staff certainly helped.
I arrived nearly 3 hours prior to check-in, so I had to wait for my room to be ready. Fortunately, I was given a bracelet (which eventually left a terrible tan-line) and was allowed -- in fact, encouraged -- to eat and drink whatever I wanted! The lobby bar was well-stocked, but the bartender was a bit shy and not at all friendly. I had a few margaritas and decided to explore the grounds. The entire area was immaculate. I was very impressed throughout by the cleanliness of the entire place. I waited to eat because what I really wanted was a nap and I didn't think food would make me feel any better. In the room finally I found myself in the lap of luxury! The bed was twice the size of mine at home and 5-times more comfortable. I sleep alone, so I use a lot of pillows for back support. Here I actually had to stow quite a few of the, there were so many. I was a bit disappointed in the mini-bar, for a couple of reasons. One, the temperature in the mini-fridge wasn't very cold, so it took a few hours to chill the restocks, and secondly because I was under the false impression that my favorite liquors would be included (I found out later I booked myself into the wrong area of the hotel for that...my bad). Still, there was plenty of beer, water and Coke products. The bathroom was spectacular and I spent a lot of time in the soaking tub.
Food-wise, I found everything to be rather unremarkable. The vegetables tasted frozen, and most of the food was bland. I loved the Japanese restaurant and they had some dynamic salsa on the lunch buffet, but most of the other food was just OK. I held the same opinion of the drinks. I have a feeling they cheat on the top-shelf stuff. I drink Absolute Vodka a lot and what I was served there tasted nothing like it, nor did the Stoli.
Traveling alone can be lonely and at this resort that feeling came and went. Most times I felt invisible, but that could just be a vibe that I give off. Other times the staff was friendly enough. There was one girl (didn't catch her name) who was passing out towels at the pool who was wholly unpleasant. I was tempted to ask her if it would kill her to crack a smile. Other than that, the Star Friends did their job quite well.
That said, I would return to Iberostar Rose Hall, but probably not alone. Here's a good tip, though: Definitely pay the $35 for Club Mobay at the airport. It was worth many times that price!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank Tim D
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for spending your special holiday with us and for sharing your comments with the online community here on Trip Advisor.

With that being said, it certainly gives us a great deal of satisfaction to understand that in general you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were pleased with the accommodations, amenities and the friendliness of our staff. However for the areas that did not meet your expectations, we will forward your comments to the respective manager

We do hope as you have indicated in your comments that you will once again vacation with us on our beautiful island of Jamaica and Iberostar resorts.

Camden, New Jersey
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I arrived on 12/8 and stayed 5 days (very short :(). I really enjoyed myself. I have no complaints. Just one suggestion -the room (could use a shelf in the shower - no place to put body wash, razor etc). The food was great - there is a Jamaican station where you can always find something local to enjoy. The beach was clean....lots of beach chairs to choose from. I enjoyed the night club, the bars, the various restaurants and the spa....oh my I had the best message with hot stones. I will definately be back and will recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: There is an ocean view from any room on the top floors
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Astrid L
Dear guest,
Please allow me to use this opportunity to thank you for choosing to vacation with us here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. Your feedback is invaluable to us and you have our heartfelt thanks for sharing it here on Trip Advisor.

To hear that you had a great vacation with us and that you enjoyed the food, night club, bars, restaurants and our spa has really gives us a feeling of satisfaction. Your suggestions are welcomed and will be directed to the respective persons for their consideration.
In closing I would like to thank you once again for vacationing with us here at Iberostar. We candidly appreciate you recommending our hotel to your friends and family and we anxiously anticipate your next return.

Kawartha Lakes, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Just returned from my sons wedding and everything was perfect. Excellent place for a destination wedding. They were impressed with the wedding planner who looked after everything. Had it at the Beach hotel at the Bob Marley terrace which was better than the beach I think. The resort was lovely and food always good. Lots of staff to look after your every need.
They had a great New Year's Eve celebration and other things on the beach. I would recommend booking your a la carte restaurants soon after you get there so you don't miss out. The Japanese one was excellent and entertaining. Did the snorkelling catamaran trip which was a lot of fun as well. I would highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: We had ages from 4 months to 85 and it was suitable for everyone.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank CanadaMona
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar for a destination wedding and also to celebrate the New Year.
It gives us a feeling of satisfaction to learn that everything was perfect from your son’s wedding to the food, the various activities, the service and the celebrations on New Year’s Eve.
We truly appreciate you recommending our hotel to your friends and families and it is hoped that when planning your next vacation that Iberostar will be foremost in your thoughts.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!