We stayed for one week as part of an Air Canada vacations package (CAD $3200 from Toronto/2 pax before discount) and were upgraded from ‘Beaches’ to ‘Suites’ upon arrival (no explanation). This resort has three distinct sections/categories and we strongly suggest going for Suites because you have a better pool, free access to the spa and more restaurant options. Main likes: better than average food and beverage choices/quality for an all-inclusive; friendly, hard-working staff; superb water sports centre; lots of poolside/beach loungers; large/comfortable room and bed and good beach. Main dislikes: occasional sewage smell at pool area; slippery pool deck; and dated/tired spa. We suggest you sign up for restaurant bookings upon arrival because choice bookings go fast. Our favourites: Mediterranean (well above the rest) then Steakhouse, Gourmet, and Japanese (Benihana-style). Buffet options are good too and outdoor seating is available (limited at breakfast, better at lunch when the Steakhouse is also available). Lots of children/families with plenty of activities for both adults and kids on offer. Evening entertainment is limited; go for shows which feature the resort’s dancers/singers. Blue Room lounge on many nights has live entertainment but kids need to go somewhere else! We don't usually return to the same resort but this one may be the exception.
- The water sports centre offers 1-hr snorkelling equip loan and scuba ($86 for 1-tank dive incl equip). Sea kayaks and Hobie cats available at no charge; try to get out before 10-11 am because ‘winter winds’ can shut down operations
- We went on ‘Negril’ full-day excursion ($49 pp) which included stops at Magaritaville and Rick’s Café. Farmer’s Blue Mtn coffee offered at $10/pound at shopping stop. Ask for Dalton as your guide (great fun!). ‘Captain Andy’ is available beside Margaritaville for 1-hour snorkelling via glass-bottom boat ($30 pp incl equip)
- At airport, transfer will likely get you there way too early. Head to Margaritaville for best lunch/chilling options
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Iberostar Rose Hall Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Rose Hall Hotel Rose Hall
- Iberostar Montego Bay
- Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Jamaica - Montego Bay