“A couple of issues but overall a nice resort.”

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Panama City Beach, Florida
“A couple of issues but overall a nice resort.”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I will start this review but letting you know I have stayed at many all inclusives including other Iberostars so this is not just me being picky on things.

Check In:

We arrived in the off season on Nov 1st at around 3:00 pm and had to wait about 20 mins in line , I would hate to see it during busy season but that was ok it was comfortable in lobby. LIke others have said, there was no welcome drink so you will have to wait to get your armband.

Room:

It was very nice room with a really nice bathroom, super clean like other Iberostars. We requested a king size bed and got it and I thought it was comfortable. We were on on top floor facing carribbean but you have limited view of ocean due to a large roof under your room. We had the junior suite and it had a huge balcony. The problem we had was with the bathroom lighting , it is very dark in bathroom and really the whole resort. I read about the lighting in another review but dismissed it but it is true.

Lobby and grounds:

It is huge , clean and really nice. This lobby and grounds are nicer than the Iberostar Cancun in my opinion , its just the lighting again, it really dim. I think they have like 20 watt energy bulbs in whole resort and it just makes it hard to see at night.

Casino and shops:

They have a small casino with a number of shops where you can buy suncreen , shirts etc.. These were all nice.

Food:

We ate at Mexican, Japanese and Steakhouse. They were typical all inclusive but not bad and you do have a menu to actually pick from in restaurants. The staff was really nice in restaurants also. The only issue we had was at Japanese , we had reservations at 7:00 but waited almost until 8:00 until chef started our food on grill.

Entertainment:

They had nightly shows and they were not bad. They have a really nice theater and the bartender at the bar is really good.

Staff:t
I had the same problem at Iberostar in Cancun, The lobby desk staff just act like they dont care.
It is not a deal breaker but you would think they could be a little friendlier to everybody in general.

If you go to this resort in off season keep this in mind. I went down to lobby bar at 1;15 am and the entire lobby was dark . I was in bar one night about 10;00 and I was only person in bar, so if you are wanting a crowd of people to hang around at night do not go in off season expecting to see that. It was ok with us , I figured it would be somewhat deserted but I was shocked at how few people were there. We had great weather which I was worried about for first of November.

Overall , it is a really nice clean resort that is really huge with pretty good food. . Keep in mind this is large resort so you lose a little of the small resort feel but each one has it pros and cons , its just whatever you are looking for. But in my opinion , in Rose Hall the Rose Hall suites would be hard to beat. And by the way you are , 20 to 25 mins to airport, feel free to send me any questions , I know it is a hard pick trying to decide based just on these reviews.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Doug0816
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your preference in Iberostar and for sharing your review of our hotel here on Trip Advisor for other travellers to see.
It gives us a feeling of satisfaction to know that you enjoyed the rooms, food, entertainment and cleanliness of our resort. Thank you for such detailed review we appreciate the time you have taken to post your comments.

We regret to learn that there were areas where we fell short of your expectations, but rest assured that these concerns will be submitted to the respective management team for their careful deliberation. These situations are not a true depiction of our standards of operation, and we will certainly be placing the corrective measures in place.

We hope that these minor setbacks did not completely tarnish your view of our resort and it is hoped that when you are planning your next vacation that Iberostar will be foremost in your thoughts.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,054)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Newfoundland
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Excellent place to stay . We will definitely be returning to this p[lace . View , Service , food , entertainment . ALL was over and above expectations .Transporation around the area was excellent , guide to take you wherever you wanted to go , and suggestions of what might be of interest.

Room Tip: Three couples travelling together , all had different rooms in different areas , Had no complaints a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank amhunter001
Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing to spend your vacation here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and also for sharing with other travelers your review of your stay with us.
It is indeed thrilling to hear that you enjoyed your vacation and we are pleased to know that you found our facilities to be to your liking and you had an overall great experience with us.
Once again I would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar and it is hoped that when planning your future vacations that Iberostar is foremost in your thoughts.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

My family has been to the Iberostar resort a few times and this time we stayed at the Suites and the Star Friends were amazing! The Star Friends and the shows they put on at the pool side and at the theatre every night are the reason we will continue to come back and especially to the Suites. The Star Friend named VIP went out of his way to make sure that we played the games, that we were ok, that we were enjoying our trip and having fun and made us feel very welcome and important. I recommend to all my friends that they should come to this specific Suites resort because of the star friends and the shows and dancing that they put on. Not once did I feel uncomfortable or unsafe, because they are genuine and just doing their job and sincerely care that we are enjoying the trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dalyn S
Dear guest,

Let me begin by thanking your for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites to spend your holidays and also for sharing your experience with other travellers here on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate you taking the time out to post this comment online and for mentioning how amazing our Star Friends are, especially VIP, who went out of his way to ensure that you and your family were having a splendid time and felt like stars with us. It pleases us to know that you enjoyed the shows, daily activities and evening entertainment and that you felt absolutely secure at our resort throughout your vacation.

In closing I would like to thank you for your preference in Iberostar and also for recommending our hotel to all your friends. We candidly await your return as it would be an honor to host you at our hotel once more.

Smiths Falls, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Where to begin...from the moment arriving at the front door until the last second in the lobby bar I was truly amazed with the Rose Hall Suites.
I was there with a group for a wedding and the entire week was one perfect day after another. Everywhere we went we saw smiles and everyone says hello to you. The wedding was beautiful and everyone was treated like a VIP.
We were there for Halloween - the disco was transformed so well it felt like we were walking onto a movie set - great show was put on by the staff - and everyone dressed up! I definitely did not expect the extravagance but it was incredible to see! Very well done. If you go during Halloween whatever you do, don't forget a costume - you will not be out of place!
The food was fantastic and there was lots to choose from. Even if you are a picky eater there is plenty of selection. There are specialty restaurants that you will need to make reservations for - make sure you do it as soon as you can. AND you have to go to the Gourmet at least one night...food and service were outstanding!
Our room was beautiful. We didn't have an ocean view but we could see the ocean from our patio...stunning! The housekeeping staff were great and so friendly!
The Star Friends were top notch. They are there to make sure everyone is having a good time - and that we did. As frontline staff for the hotel they are excellent at what they do...Sweetness made all of us feel like we were at home and we always had a laugh with him whenever he was around.
The staff at the pool bar were great - ask Radane for a Dr. D and tell him the "Bubba Ladies" say hello!
There was a bit of a delay in getting to our room when we first arrived but we went to the buffet and then lobby bar and really it was not a huge deal - the front desk staff seemed genuinely sorry for the inconvenience.
This was my first trip to Jamaica and I have to say it will not be my last! Thank you to the entire staff at Rose Hall Suites - you all made this a trip not soon to be forgotten!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool/garden view you will still be able to see the ocean from your patio if yo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Lesley C
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff, please accept our sincere gratitude for your generous comments on your recent stay with us and more so for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites as your vacation destination. We are truly delighted to know that you had such a wonderful vacation and that you enjoyed the food, décor, entertainment and the genuine friendliness of our staff.

It has been an honor hosting you at our hotel and with this being your first visit to Jamaica; we are thrilled to know that our combined efforts made you feel at home with us. We anxiously await your next visit to Iberostar. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Nashville, Illinois
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have been going to the Suites for 5 years and it always is top self. When I walked in the front door 2 of the receptionist ran over and gave me a big hug and said welcome back Mr. Clean we missed you. That was the name they gave me when I was there my first time. Everyone from the front management the star friends, bartenders, lifeguards to the waitresses that have been there for a while were wonderful. All of them told me I am like family to them and always whatever I need just ask. The food was excellent as alway. The entertainment staff is the best. The rooms and grounds are still spotless and well maintained. I have been all over the carribean and no place are they better. Will always return to my home away from home.

Room Tip: You dont have to tip but the the hard work and treatment you get is special.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Mark M
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to take this opportunity to extend to you our most sincere appreciations for once again choosing to spend your vacation with us and for sharing with the rest of the online community such a wonderful review of our property.

We are filled with pride knowing that we were able to provide you with yet another superb vacation and that you consider our resort to be the best in the Caribbean. We also appreciate you mentioning the cleanliness of our resort, excellent food and the friendliness and hospitality of all our staff.

Once again I would like to thank you for continuously choosing the Iberostar as your home away from home. We anxiously anticipate your return

Archbold
Reviewed November 4, 2013

After reading all the reviews on Trip Advisor, my wife and I decided to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. Unfortunately, for us, the expectations fell a little short. The facility is extremely clean and well kept. The maintenance staff works tirelessly each day to ensure that the walkways, the beach, and the pool areas are spotless.
Upon our arrival, the check in process was fairly quick and our room was ready. If you are one who puts a lot of stock in being greeted in a friendly manner with a drink, then you may be sadly disappointed. In our group of nearly 20, who checked in at the same time, none of us were offered a drink, a towel, a handshake, or even a smile. As it turned out, this type of attitude seemed indicative of the majority of the staff throughout our stay. We read review after review of how friendly the entertainment staff and others were during their stay. Unfortunately, from our observation, nothing could be further from the truth. With the exceptions of Wailon Jennings (yes, this is his real name), a bartender, Stacy-Ann and Cassandra, our beach-side drink servers, we found most staff a bit stand-offish.
If you have visited the all-inclusive resorts in the past, then you have a pretty good idea on the buffet-style breakfast/lunch/dinner setup. The IRHS’s does not set itself apart in this area, as it is pretty much the same food each day. However, we felt that the restaurant choices in the evening were much better than the other resorts we have visited in the past. The Mediterranean and the Gourmet restaurants were among our favorites. I would strongly suggest that you make your reservations for the evening restaurants upon your arrival and get that out of the way early.
I would also suggest that if you are ordering a drink from one of the poolside/beach girls that you remind them that you want alcohol in your drink. On several occasions we received drinks without any alcohol. I started ordering rum on the side to make sure I got the rum and then put it in myself.
I would also like to mention the wi-fi. For those of you who like to be connected, know that I took my IPad to this resort. I had a strong signal in my room and a good signal on the beach that allowed me to Skype with my family back in the U.S. Make sure that during the check in process you ask for a username and password at the front desk.
For those of you who are thinking of using this resort or have already booked this resort, please understand that you could do a lot worse. The resort is clean, the beach is nice, and there are some very nice people that work here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Loco_22_12
Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar as your vacation destination of choice and also for sharing your comments with the online community here at Trip Advisor.

Your kind remarks about the cleanliness of our resort, the internet access that was available to you throughout your stay and the generous hospitality offered to you by our bartenders Stacy-Ann and Cassandra, is certainly appreciated and will be forwarded to the respective team and team members

With that being said, we sincerely regret learning did not receive the warm welcome you were expecting and felt disappointed. this is not the typical standard extended to our clients and not a true depiction of our standard of operations. We will be sure to forward your concerns to the respective departments for their perusal.

We do hope that this insulated incident did not completely tarnish your view of our hotel and we do hope that we will be given another opportunity to demonstrate our dedication to customer satisfaction. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Franklin, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My daughter was very recently married at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and we combined the wedding with a much-needed vacation (we were fortunate to have 11 days in paradise). We were not disappointed at all and, in fact, were impressed with the rooms, pools, beach, staff, and of course the food. My husband and I have stayed at many all-inclusives in Jamaica and several other caribbean locations and this was by far the best. From the Japanese restaurant to the steak restaurant we weren't disappointed. Oftentimes at other resorts we have found that the dinner buffet is the "default" if we weren't able to make reservations for a specialty restaurant, but this wasn't the case at the Rose Hall Suites! All the food was excellent as well as the drinks. Also, at no time anywhere at the resort did we feel "pressured" to tip the staff in order to receive great service -- the service was always professional and friendly at the same time. Overall we were very, very happy with our visit and would go back in a heartbeat -- in fact, we've already started planning for it. The interesting thing is the only negative we could identify is that it would be nice to have more outlets in the room! Obviously this is something we can "live with" very easily!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Linda S
Dear guest,

Please allow us to use this opportunity to extend to you our sincere appreciations for the benevolent remarks shared in your review of our luxurious hotel and also for being selected as your daughter’s destination wedding location from amongst a plethora of hotels and resorts worldwide.

It fills us with pride to know that we were able to provide you with an outstanding vacation and that you enjoyed the delicious food, comfortable rooms, pools, beaches and our professional and friendly staff.

We are thrilled to know that you have already started planning your return visit and we look forward to your future visit. Thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!