“Amazing”

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Rose Hall
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was my fifth visit to Jamaica and my third stay at the resort. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar, or just by being NICE. The staff at the resort are not servants to do our every bidding. Saying thank you or please goes a long way.This year we came with a party of nine and everyone had a wonderful time. The front desk staff was welcoming and they treated us like family. Special thank you to Oralando and Mr. Gonzalez. We had an ocean front room which was very clean when we entered despite the last minute accommodation. The housekeeping staff did an excellent job everyday. This year we didn't make any dinner reservation but we really enjoyed the food in the buffet area. Our group included a 10 and 2 year old and the food was catered so they could enjoy the foods they liked and even try something different. A very big thanks to our waitress Trecell and also John Morgan at the bar who was always there with a smile and made us feel welcome each and every night. The entertainment in the theatre was great, I laughed so much during their presentation of Miss Iberostar. Good job Mo Mo, Happy Feet, Vip, OMG and Stingray. The pool and beach area was always kept clean. I spent a lot of time at the star-kids area with my nephew and i really appreciated that they would close the water park every 2-3 hour for treatment. Again another wonderful vacation at the suites resort. We will definitely be back next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank desdea
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear guest,

We are sincerely pleased to have had you vacation with us, and with this being your third visit to our hotel we are truly delighted to know that we were able to once again provide you with an amazing vacation. It fills us with pride to hear that you and your family had a wonderful time and that our staff members made you feel like family. We will be sure to congratulate them all.

We greatly appreciate you mentioning how wonderful the food, entertainment, pools, beach and water park were and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back to the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites next year.

There are newer reviews for Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites from October 10-13, 2013. It was beautiful!!!!! Myself and my cousin were treated like queens the entire time we were there. Everything was Ya Mon. All the food and drinks you could want. All you had to do was ask. The staff was outstanding and so friendly. The view from our room was breathtaking. Being able to wake up first thing in the morning to a beautiful view was GREAT!!! The staff went out their way to make sure I had the best birthday ever. Myself and my cousin were giving a special birthday drink. For dinner the staff in the restaurant brought my dessert with a candle singing Happy Birthday. The plate had happy birthday written in chocolate. In my room was another cake with happy birthday written in chocolate. We had a few issues while there but everything was taken care of in no time. For the inconvenience there was a beautiful fruit tray with a bottle of champagne. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: I would recommend ocean front room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Brandy S
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Guest
On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Hotel for your vacation spot and also appreciate you taking the time out the share with our future clients the experience you had with us. We are delighted to hear that you had a great vacation and also how pleased you were with how you were treated by our staff. We certainly look forward to seeing you again at our Hotel.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was our first girls vacation to Jamaica, when we arrived to the hotel the front desk was so welcoming and very nice. We got a room on the secound floor with a balcony facing the pool, the room was so clean and nice, so was the bathroom. After settling in we made reservation for dinner for the entire week, choosing different restaurants. We then went to enjoy the pool and the beach. The pool was very clean and the waitresses were always walking around making sure that you were okay or if you needed something to drink. The nightly activities at the theatre were great, I laughed so much and there entertaiment staff made sure we were up and going. VIP, Momo, happy feet were awesome. My entire experience was a memorable one, and a great one. We loved it so much that my sister and a couple of our friends are heading back there next to July. I highly recommend you stay here...you are def going to enjoy it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ynes T
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear guest,

It has truly been a privilege to have you spend your holiday with us here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and we would like to thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of our hotel here on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that we were able to provide you with the best vacation ever and also to know that you enjoyed the room, pool, beach, nighttime activities, and our friendly staff. VIP, Momo and Happy Feet will be cordially commended on their contributions in making your vacation a memorable one.

We truly appreciate your recommendations and we candidly await your trip back to Iberostar in July. Thanks for making it Iberostar.

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Iberostar Rose Hall with a group of friends for a wedding. At first glance the property seemed beautiful and large but once we looked closer we noticed something's that shouldn't be associated with a so-called 4/5 star hotel. The hallways in the hotel smelled moldy. Some of the rooms did too. When it rained the hotel staff would put rags in all the windows in the hallways and on the floors at the entrances. The staff was not as attentive as my previous experiences in Jamaica. It seemed like the only way you could get good service was by tipping heavily. I was not happy about that considering that we paid thousands of dollars to stay there. The rooms were very nice and updated. They were all large with lots of storage, a sitting area and a balcony. The housekeepers came too late in the day and we had to call for them to get new towels a few times. One time they came in the late afternoon while we were relaxing in the room. The pool with the swim up bar was gorgeous but the bar closed at 6pm daily. The pool bar staff was very nice but service was slow and they served mostly low shelf alcohol unless you requested otherwise. The food was hit or miss and there wasn't much variety. I was expecting to eat good food while on vacation so I was very disappointed about the food. By the end of our trip our stomachs were aching and we were tired of eating the food there. All but one buffet restaurant required reservations. The room service food was absolutely disgusting and we couldn't figure out where to eat most times because they would switch the restaurants without notice. Most days, there was only one restaurant open for breakfast & lunch even though we were told we would have more options. It was hard to find a place to eat late-night because the late night buffet would change nightly and the hotel was difficult to navigate because of the size & maze-like layout. The spa was great. I missed my appointment by mistake but they still managed to fit me into the schedule. The nightly entertainment in the piano bar was great but the entertainment in the auditorium was subpar. The hotel needs to spend more money to bring in better entertainment like a lot of the other resorts do in Jamaica. The disco was amazing. It was the highlight of our trip. It looked like a real club and the staff came down there nightly to dance for the hotel guests. They are amazing dancers. The hotel was too far away from downtown/ marketplace area of Montego Bay so it took almost 30 mins to get there. The location is not good if you want easy access to the main strip. It's out in the country in a way. Overall, we made the best of our trip. I just wished the hotel would of stepped it up with the food and entertainment because I probably would have over looked all the other shortcomings. Maybe this hotel was a 4 or 5 star a few years ago but it certainly isn't now. It's a shame because it is a pretty resort and it has potential. I do not plan to return to this hotel and nor will I ever recommend it unless this hotel does a major over-haul in changes/upgrades.

• Stayed: September 2013
7  Thank Prettybrownskin
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us here at Iberostar and also for your candid review of our hotel here on Trip Advisor.

We are deeply saddened to have ascertained from your comments that you were not entirely satisfied with your vacation and the various shortcomings throughout your stay. Despite these setbacks we are pleased to know that you enjoyed the rooms, the pool staff, spa and disco.

We do regret hearing that you had problems navigating our resort and that you were not aware of the restaurant schedule. Included in each check in package is a map of our property and as for the restaurant schedule, they were posted at the entrance of each of our restaurants, at our Front Desk and Guest Services desk as well. Nevertheless, your comments will be taken in consideration and directed to the pertinent managers with the intention of improvement.

In spite of your uncommon experience at our hotel, it is hoped that we will have another opportunity to prove to you our dedication to complete our clients satisfaction.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We only stay at Iberostars. We have stayed (at some places multiple times) at most of the Iberostars in Mexico and the Dominican Republic. Rose Hall Suites is the only Iberostar we will never stay in again. We had two adjourning rooms (3414 and 3415) and my 3 year old and I were in one and my parents in the other.

I posted a picture of the sheets on one of the beds when we arrived which had blood on them. Did they even change the sheets and clean the rooms prior to our arrival? I called the front desk and asked them to send someone from housekeeping. No one came. Finally I found someone in the hall and asked them to change the sheets. When the sheets were changed two of the pillow cases were left on the floor next to the bed. At no point did the front desk or housekeeping apologize.

One of the rooms had a loud dehumidifier. The reason was never explained why to us and we couldn’t figure out the need. It required empting twice a day. My mother ended up doing it after it was neglected by housekeeping twice and overflowed. We had to use all the bathroom towels to clean it up. TWICE.

We waited an hour and a half for our meal WITH A THREE YEAR OLD at the Mexican restaurant. We overheard the wait staff say that they forgot to put in our order when we asked after an hour. At no point did anyone apologize to us and in fact we were treated rudely for asking.

Several times when the room was cleaned dirty towels were left behind on the floor.

With the exception of the activities staff and bar tenders the remaining staff was rude.

There was a company retreat and the employees were usually at the bar drunk, loud and using language I would have preferred my three year old not hear. They were out of control much of the time.

This is the only time we have had a problem with an Iberostar and the only complaint I have ever made about any hotel and as you can see, there were multiple issues. I would NOT recommend this hotel.

I wrote a letter to the hotel management via our travel agent. It took them three days to reply that they were "reviewing" our complaints. Then they never resonded again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
14  Thank triciaevesta

Dear guest,
First of all let us thank you for choosing the Iberostar Hotel & Resort for your vacations and for sharing your review of your stay with us here back in January.
We apologize for any inconvenience which occurred to you during your stay, however we regret to inform you that after revising our records none of them indicates that complaints of this nature were submitted to us, neither could we find a letter directed to us with such subjects. We would greatly appreciate it if you could contact us directly at the following email address pr.suites@iberostar.com.jm .
We truly look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Excellent food/location and very friendly staff.

I would like to specifically mention Deon in the restaurant and buffet area.
The pastry chef whose sweets were divine.
Christopher, Gerano? and Doreen in the bar. How do they remember what you drink?

The Star friends are encouraging without being pushy if you want to just chillax you can.

One small recommendation would be to get proper tea, although Jamican coffe is divine they just cannot do tea. It didn`t spoil the holiday though, and is only a gripe not a complaint.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
2  Thank debbiep233
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear guest,

We take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Iberostar as your vacation destination and also for taking the time out to post your comments here on Trip Advisor for others to see.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your vacation with us and that you found our food, location and friendly staff to be excellent. Deon, Christopher, Gerano, Doreen and all the members of the Star Friends team will certainly be congratulated for their contribution to your special vacation.
Your feedback is invaluable to us and we will be sure to pass on your recommendations to the respective manager.

We would like to thank you once again for choosing Iberostar and we look forward to your next vacation with us.

Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

We came to the Rose Hall Suites as a family trip of 8 people for my father's 60th birthday. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the resort. The ocean view rooms were nice and spacious, the food was great, the beach was relaxing, the pool was fun but most of all the staff were so friendly and accomodating. We enjoyed hanging out at the bar in the hotel lobby where Onika would always have a smile and Iesha would make the best coffee ever. Jules was the bartender at the pool bar and him along with China were a lot of fun.

A bottle of champagne and cake were sent to my parents room to celebrate the birthday which was a very nice gesture on the hotel's part.

The Air Canada representative at the hotel was extemely friendly and had set us up with a driver named Corey that we hired for a couple of days to take us to Negril and to Montego Bay for shopping. The price for the driver was extemely reasonable and he was very knowledgable and fun to spend the day with.

Overall, we would definitely come back to this resort! We had a very memorable experience!

Side note - we had stayed at the Riu in Ocho Rios a couple of years back and would stay at the Iberostar over the Riu any day the next time we come to Jamaica.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank cutie300
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear guest,

Let me begin by expressing our sincere gratitude for choosing Iberostar and also for the time invested in posting your review here on Trip Advisor. It gives us a feeling of satisfaction to know that you truly enjoyed your Iberostar experience and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed the rooms, food, beach, pools and our friendly and accommodating staff. Your comments will be forwarded to Onika, Iesha, Jules and China who will all be commended for their efforts.
It was an honor having you here with us and we sincerely look forward to your next vacation here with us at Iberostar.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rose Hall
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
#19 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites? Share your experiences!