4,984 results
All reviews rose hall suites mo mo star friends lazy river crazy kenny the mediterranean restaurant montego bay infinity pool swim up bar kids club noodles water polo entertainment staff beach resort guest services specialty restaurants music bar
Reviewed August 18, 2013

It was our first time traveling to jamaica. We went with a group of 20. We had 2 rooms for our family, they were nice with ocean views and patio's with 2 chairs each. Room's 3442-3443. Lot's of closet space and another door to bathroom area. The fridge was stocked with soda 3 water's and 3 beers(only re-stocked every other day)Maid service was ok. Bottled water was hard to get. When we asked the front desk every day for a bottle of water they always seemed to be "out of water"-usually the hotels we stay at would leave water at turn down service. All the bars just provided cups of water to bring to the beach or pool. Bathrooms were a nice size with a very nice walk in shower. Hallways in the hotel were always very warm-felt like they didn't have the air on.
The resort is pretty and beach was clean.We had lounges and shade at the beach and used the kayaks and beach volley ball. Beach service only provided drinks no food.One of the days they had a barbeque on the beach and the food was pretty good. The pool area is geared towards the "drinking crowd". Music/activities and employees try to involve everyone but not a place for kids.(under age kids) People leaving drinks/cups all over the place-some people getting pretty loud and drinking too much.The towel hut employees at the pool were very unfriendly and you have to make sure you keep your towel cards or you are charged at the end of your stay.Food- We did make reservations for dinner at night-being such a large group. Most of the restaurants require men 12 and over to wear pants-this was uncomfortable at the steak place which was not airconditioned. The service a few nights was very good and we had an outstanding server-Godfrey for 2 nights (mexican and mediterranean)Samantha was another server who was exceptionally nice. She allowed me to order dinner for my son one night who wasn't feeling well and was back in the room and sent it up as room service. Unfortunately it was delivered without utensils so he wasn't able to eat it. ROOM service overall was TERRIBLE-very limited menu and it took at LEAST 45 minutes /an hour to arrive every time.You have to be very specific about asking for catchup with fries/utensils and most of the time the food arrived cold.They also do not offer anything for breakfast room service. Food at the resort overall was just ok-breakfast was the best meal with made to order omletes and assorted juices, great jamaican coffee. They also did not have "to-go" coffee cups in the am-just plastic cups. House wine was included at dinner/lunch but to get a better wine you had to pay extra. The buffet's looked good early in the day/evening but would run out of food and look picked over.
We would rather pay for better food and good wine than an all-inclusive. The teenagers had a great time 18+ but the younger kids 12-13 didn't have much to do.
The show at night was entertaining. Spa looked nice. Overall it was ok but wouldn't stay there again.

Room tip: Ocean View was really nice-no need to upgrade to ocean front.
1  Thank EMSSPERR
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear guest,

Please allow us to use this opportunity to express our appreciations to you for choosing the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites as your vacation destination. We also would like to thank you for sharing your comments with other travelers here on Trip Advisor.

While we are thrilled to hear that you were pleased with our spacious rooms, the cleanliness of our beaches, delicious food, entertainment and outstanding staff, we are saddened to understand that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay here with us. Upon reading your invaluable review we have made notes of your comments and they will be passed on to the respective heads of department for their attention.

It is hoped that this will not tarnish your overall view of our hotel and that you will give us another chance to prove to you our dedication to customer satisfaction. Once again thank you for choosing Iberostar.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Excellent, will return to this Iberostar.
We stayed from Aug/3-Aug/17, spend 2 weeks , and we were a family of 5. We have 3 teenagers ages 15,17,18. The service was excellent, the value for the trip was well worth it. The Staff that entertained us was wonderfull , and so was the staff that served us. The rooms were very clean and large size for the "Suites Section". The food was excellent , The SteakHouse, The Japanese the Buffet was all great. The pool at the Suites , was the best pool that I have been in. You were able to enjoy your drinks , take some sun and even just snooze for a while ion this swimming pool. This was the best Iberstar Hotel which we stayed in.

3  Thank Danny V
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear guest,

Please allow us this opportunity to relay our heartfelt thank you for choosing Iberostar to spend your vacation and for also taking time out of your busy schedule to share with other travelers your review of your recent visit to our resort.

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated and we are indeed pleased to know that you enjoyed the delectable offerings from our food and beverage team, as well as the engaging hospitality of our team

It has been a pleasure hosting you here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and we do look forward to your next visit on our sunny island of Jamaica.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I just got back from a week stay with my wife and two daughters’ ages 4 and 6 at this resort and I would rate my experience as B+. Please keep in mind that I travel every year and I’m basically comparing this service to the other 7 different resort we’ve stay over the past 10 years. Some lack of frontline friendliness by a few took what is and should be a truly 5 stars resort and experience. Please keep I mind that I tipped total of $180 during my stay, from random guys cleaning the pool area in midnight to the bartenders and waiters. The good news is that this is an easy fix. We did notice a major improvement in the level of service especially among the waiters on the night they were being evaluated.
“The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching” John Wooden

Positives
Cleanliness: The hotel is extremely clean and well mentioned
Food: Awesome food selection. Again I’ve stayed at 7 different resorts. Probably the best food selection
Entertainment: Best part of the trip. Moo moo, Sweetness, crazy Kenny are the true Gems of this resort. Please Hotel Management, appreciate these guys because the work 15 hrs a day, 6 days a week
Room: Great size and well metained (P.S I hurt my neck and back sleeping on the bed and lost 3 days of my trip. Speak up early if your sense pain immediately. They will accommodate you. I wish I knew this going in
PR team. Everyone at the PR office was awesome. They made up for the mishaps that occurred during my stay

Opportunity for improvement.
Staff, Staff, Staff. Frontline friendless needs to be a major focus for longevity for this resort. Reinforce the 6 ft rule and probably implement some type of customer fee back upon check out..

Will I return to this resort??? I was say definitely yes.

Room tip: I hurt my neck and back sleeping on the bed and I was in serious pain the last 3 days of my trip. Speak up early if your sense pain immediately. They will accommodate you. I wish I knew this going in. The PR team are always ready to help. Front desk? not so much
5  Thank John T

Dear guest,

On behalf of all the team members here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, thank you for choosing our resort for your family’s vacation. We would also like to thank you also for sharing your generous review of your stay with us.

We are thrilled to know that you and your family had a wonderful time while here at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and that you were pleased with the cleanliness, the variety of food, the Jamaican hospitality and friendliness from our staff. Regarding your service experiences with our front line staff, we have taken note of your comments and suggestions and we will certainly have them conveyed to the respective managers for their deliberation.

It has truly been an honor having you here with us and we hope that your return to the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites will be sooner than later as we look forward to welcoming you back here.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This resort was wonderful to stay at. EVERY single aspect of it was incredible. The food was great, the staff was incredibly friendly, cleanliness was not an issue and the rooms were great.The entertainment had to be my favorite thing about this resort, second being the food. Every staff member made you feel welcomed and made the stay fun. Great place to be especially if going as a family, for couples, I'd probably go next door to the Grand. My only complaint is that we had to leave

2  Thank John N
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear guest,

On behalf of the management and staff at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, I would like to thank you for spending your vacation with us and for posting such a wonderful comment on Trip Advisor.

We are thrilled to know that we were able to impress you with the food, cleanliness of our resort, our entertainment activities, shows and our incredibly friendly staff.

Having you here with us was indeed an honor and we only hope that your return trip will be much sooner than later as we look forward to welcoming you back to the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We went to the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites with a group of 37. We had a very nice time. The people were very friendly and accomodating. The rooms were very nice. We were hoping to get on the 3rd or 4th floor like everyone in the reviews says to get but could not. We were on the 1st floor(which is really the 2nd floor) and we overlooked the lazy river. We couldn't see the ocean from our room but it was still very nice with a beautiful view. Beds were comfortable, airconditioning was a little annoying but the fan made noise so if the fan wasn't so annoying to my husband I would have been cooler. We weren't hot but I do like the fan on. The restaurants were very good. There was always something to get at the bouffet. We ate at the nicer restaurants but they all needed reservations which you should make as soon as you get there for the entire week.
We enjoyed having the sailboats and sea kayaks for our use. The pool was nice. The drinks were good and they had some call brands available for the asking. The beach was always clean, the water beautiful. We were planning on diving but heard from friends that went that there was not much sealife. (The reefs had been overfished). We did go on a couple of excursions to doctor's cove to snorkel. it was nice but you had to pay to get on the beach, We went to Negril for Rick's cafe to jump from the cliff and watch the sunset. It was a long ride but fun. We also went to Dunn River Falls. We did a snorkel trip to get to the falls. The falls were nice, the snorkel trip was so crowded and they wouldn't let you off the boat without a life vest. Then there was a reef nazi in the water with a whistle telling you where you could and couldn't go, NOT FUN. The boat ride back after the falls was fun. Bar was open and the music was playing. The real downer of it all was every excursion was taxed at a rate of 17%. Didn't encourage you to go off the grounds of the wonderful resort. Also saw a fatal accident between a car and a bus. Glad I was not in the car. I think I would go back to Jamaica but wouldn't be tempted to go off the property. Also another good thing about the property was it was only about 15 minutes from the Montego Bay Airport.

Room tip: ask for the 3rd or 4th floor by the pool. you can usually see the ocean from there without paying for ocean front
Date of stay: July 2013
3  Thank robins504

Dear guest,

First of all let me thank you for choosing Iberostar to spend your special holiday and also for sharing your pleasant review of your stay at our hotel here on Trip Advisor.

We are humbled by your review of our hotel and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed the services, food and beverage and amenities we offer here. It is also humbling to know that you were pleased with the hospitality of our staff. We are also delighted to hear that you went to the famous Rick’s Café and had fun while you were there.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we do hope that when you are planning your next vacation that Iberostar is in the forefront of your mind.